Impossible to Get Him

Chapter 4

“At least I have to pass around his desk to make him notice me.” “Yes, he’ll notice your hurt and… hey, it’s gonna go off well.” Jack said and blinked at me. “Okay, I’m going.” I decided.
“Oh, why are you limping?” David asked as I went around him. Yes, I told internally. “Oh what? No, it’s nothing. Just anyone on the football pitch yesterday knocked me down and I broke my ankle.” I told before leaning on the desk opposite him. “Oh, I feel sorry for what happened. Who did this?” I coughed before stuttering: “Oh, some Rick did it.” I said smilingly to cover my mental uneasiness. “Yes? And the boy was an adversary?” Is he kidding me? It’s impossible. Didn’t he see that situation or what? “Yesss, of course. He called Rick and on his jersey was a sign ‘Brooks’.” I told ironically and tried to smile to cover my upsetting. I mentioned his boyfriend’s last name on purpose. “Yes? It’s a coincidence of names.” He said and giggled. What?! “It's not possible…” “What?” “Nothing, nothing, hah. A coincidence of names, of course.” I’m really angry. The only thing I want now is to scream. “So, hopefully your ankle will get well soon.” David said and smiled. “Yes, thank you, Davie.” I answered and limped away.

“JAAAAAAAAAACK! That’s not normal! I don’t know what to do. I told him that my hurt is caused by Rick in a jersey with a sign ‘Brooks’ and it’s a coincidence of names allegedly. Is he kidding me or what?!” I came pretty angry. “Okay, he’s pretty stupid. Does he realize that or not? I’m sorry buddy, but his behavior is sort of strange. Not strange but even demented.” “Jack, don’t dishonor him so much. He’s my dodo…” I started to stand up for David. “Pierre, Pierre. You both are the same – stupid and not a single one of you realizes what’s going on. David thinks Rick is the best man on the world and you don’t know how to make change his mind, so…” I sighed and looked down. “I’m gonna prove my love I feel for him provided that Nancy won’t come to me and-“ In that instant I felt patting on my shoulder. “Nancy?” I asked silently and found out that it was she, unfortunately. I sighed annoyed. “Pierre, babe, I told my parents you’ll come today for dinner so-” “What?! Nan, are you kidding me? Shit!” I said aloud and rolled my eyes. “Yes, there’s no need to joke, I think. You will come at 7, okay? Agreed.” “But Nancy, stop!” She left away.

“Shit, fuck, ahh. Jack… what should I do now? She thinks I love her or… maybe…that’s the revenge that I left her alone on the street a few days ago. Shit.” I said disappointed and sat down on a bench. “Jack?” I spoke to him but he didn’t move a muscle. “Crow, what’s up?” I said a bit louder to make him move but it didn’t work apparently. “Shit, what’s goi-“ “You-pissed-me-off. You’re gonna go for a date at her house? Yes? Fine, you’ll pay for it!” Jack said somewhat upset and made an angry face. “Jack, wait. Are you normal? That’s not from my head, I don’t wanna be with her, so don’t be a fool and calm down, okay?” I said to calm him. “But I DO!” “What?” “I want her so much and she’s crazy about YOU. When I like someone the person falls in love with you so what is this justice? Fuck.” “Crow, I don’t like her at all, you know my heart wants David so stop freaking out…!” I rolled my eyes before taking his sleeve and pulling him to our class. The rest of this day gave me a hard time because Jack was really pissed, Nancy told every friend that I’ll come at her house for another date and David didn’t notice me again so I can say, it’s a really successful day. Fuck.

*A few hours later*
“I just wanted to ask David to go out with me but apparently I won’t be able to because dear Nancy decided to ruin my plans. Shit.” I said annoyed, going home next to Jack. “Advice me, Crow, what should I do? I wouldn’t go there if I hadn’t to. Maybe you should go there instead of me.” I tittered before I noticed Jack’s serious expression on his face. “What?” “To go there instead of you?” And then I got it. “Dear Pierre, it is a brilliant idea, dude! I’ve never imagined you’d think something so smart!” Jack said loudly and smiled. I could see the happiness shining out of him. “Yes and till you’ll come, you can tell her I had something to do. It’s genial!” “Yep, buddy!” We both screamed and fisted each other. The rest of our way home went great! We both laughed a lot and thought about what to do to not spoil it. Jack has to look polite to impress Nancy’s parents and I have to be very careful to not do something wrong at David’s tutoring. You know, we agreed on tutoring today, so it was sure I had to refuse Nancy’s offer.

“So, what don't you understand?” David asked after we both lay on his bed and opened our math book. To be honest, it’s pretty bad David decided to teach me math on the bed because I guess it’s not gonna get into my brain at all, only because of his closeness. “Oh this.” I pointed somewhere in the book, looking at him.

Throughout I was mentally absent so I did not get any words he said. I caught on only a few numbers but… I don’t see the point. “Okay, that’s it. Now you can try to work this out.” He said and smiled. “Pierre?” …………… “Hey, are you ok?” “Oh, yes, just… your beauty took me out of reality.” I complimented as he interrupted my daydreaming. But David didn’t react and turned his face away, hesitating. “Okay, sorry. I’m gonna work it out.” I said, taking a pen but with no understanding of those numbers. They don’t make sense at all so I just wrote some numbers and hoped it will be correct. “It’s a total crap, Pie and you know why? Because you don’t keep your eyes open, you don’t know what these numbers mean at all. Why?” David said disappointed because he tries me to understand this incomprehensible matter but I don’t pay attention at all. “It’s simple question. Because you’re so damn beautiful that I just can’t focus and-“ “Pierre, stop. You know you can’t say anything like this.” “But why? I’m serious, David!” I answered desperately. “Maybe you should find another guy who would be so tolerant and broadminded to teach you.” “No, Davie. I’m sorry, I didn’t pay attention at all. It’s stupid, I know.” There was a silence before David stood up and spoke: “You can come next week, if you want to.” I dropped a stone of my heart. “Thank you.”

Truth be told, I expected it’s gonna turn out better but luckily, David wasn’t so mad at me. Try to understand me, if you could see him, he’s so…… perfect. I yearn to kiss his sweet lips and feel his little body in a warm hug or to whisper him those three simple words what mean so much. Oh god, I want it so bad……