Status: Active

Blood, Sweat & Ink

Chapter 14

Cali

We were back in Cali and it felt good to be home. Dave was going on a Jane’s Addiction world tour and I was going to be on the road for a week here and there.

today’s flash challenge was painting Dave’s personal guitars. Everyone got a white one and I was scared that they were going to fuck up one of the guitars. I saw my sister sketching and walked over.

“What are you doing” I asked her.

“It’s a surprise” She said.

I walked off and Dave was watching Kyle. He was doing a lip print and something else. They had an hour to go and my sister was doing a pin up. Dave told everyone to put the brushes down and clean up. I saw the guitar and damn I was surprised. It was me as a pin up girl and Dave kept staring at it.

“You can stare honey all day long” I said.

“It’s you” said Dave pointing at the guitar.

Tatu Baby was the winner of the flash challenge and had the power to pick all canvases for the elimination tattoo. I was shocked that she did a pin up of me and it looked real.

We walked back to the shop and everyone was getting ready for the portrait challenge. I was scared because we were down to the nitty gritty. I was sitting on the couch and everyone was talking to their clients. I went to the bathroom and puked. I rinsed out my mouth and walked out.

I felt bad and laid down on the couch. Dave walked over and I had my head on his lap.

“You feeling okay” He asked.

“No I just threw up” I said.

“Maybe something you ate” He said.

I nodded and he put a blanket over me. He sat there and rubbed my hair the whole time. I was up every hour usually puking my guts out and finally during the challenge I went to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and saw Dave still there when I woke up. He smiled when I looked up at him and I smiled to.

“How long have I been out” I asked.

“An hour” He said.

“I still feel like shit” I said.

“You look like you don’t feel good” He said.

I got up and took some meds for my headache. I stretched and Dave took me home. I decided to sleep some more and try to get over this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and got Lydia’s room ready for her arrival.

“wow this is a nice house” Lydia exclaimed.

“It is isn’t it” Dave said.

I headed out our room and shut the door. I walked down the stairs and saw Lydia in amazement.

“Jonathan is asleep upstairs and Lydia’s room is upstairs waiting on her” I said.

Dave went to show Lydia to her room and I checked on my baby boy. Then, I went to start on dinner and Dave wrapped my waist.

“Let me cook” He said.

“Fine” I said.

I went to the breakfast bar type counter thing and sat down to watch my man cook. He grabbed my recipe book off the counter and started flipping through it.

“Hey guys I’m going out with Kyle” She said walking through the door to the kitchen.

“Have fun” we both said.

She smiled and walked out the door.

Hours later

I woke up to someone screaming and turned on the room light.

“Dave, you hear that?” I asked.

“Yeah, I do” He said getting up.

He quietly opens our bedroom door and peaks his head out.

“Their getting it on” He says bluntly.

“Great” I said sarcastically.

The next morning was going to be entertaining because Dave and I were getting tattooed by one of the people on the show. He was getting a bad luck design and I was getting the good luck design.

We were on a tour bus and the competitors started getting on.

“This week you will be tested on dimension and for this flash challenge you will be designing for two very picky canvases” Dave said then gesturing to us, “us”

"And only two artists will be picked for this challenge" I said.