There's Oceans In-Between Us, but That's Not Very Far

Chapter 005

Image

Don't ask me where I was going.. I didn't know. I just can't stay at that house anymore. I thought about going to Corey's, but I just didn't think it would be right. So I just kept walking til I ended up at the beach. I sat down just watching the waves crash against the rocks. It seemed to calm me. Then I started looking out into the water... There were a few people surfing. That made me really happy; hot surfer dudes. One beefed it pretty hardcore and swam to shore. I couldn't really see his face but damn, his body was hot. I so want to move here now. I turn my gaze away from the hot surfer dude before he caught me staring at him. It probably wouldn't be bad, but still. It is so embarrassing. I focus on the sand and it just entertains me for some reason. I could only imagine a few of the grains of sand being my parents and how much I hate them right now. I try to focus on more positive things... Ho lets see... Corey's party! There we go. I got to think of a way to get back into my parents' house without them knowing. I got lost in my thoughts and then someone walks beside me. I look and see the hot surfer dude standing there. The one with the 'damn' body.

"Uh... hi," I said kind of not expecting him to come over here.

"Hey. Could I sit with you?" he asked running his hand through his hair. He didn't have an Aussie accent either. That's kind of different for being here. But he was pretty hot without the accent.

"Yeah sure," He sat down and I tried so hard not to look at him wide eyed.

"I'm James by the way," he said extending his hand over to me.

"Amber," I said shacking it. My god he's like all the words that would describe attractive.

"So, what brings you here? I never really see too many people here."

"Had an argument with the 'rents'. Figured this would calm me down."

"Yeah I found that it worked too. Girlfriend called the other night all freaking out because she knew I went out. She said a few things that got to me and the next thing I knew I didn't have a girlfriend and then I end up here. It's pretty calming,"

I didn't really know what to say to this. We just sat there for a few minutes in silence. Yeah I'm pretty shy.

"So, how long have you been surfing?" I asked finally finding something.

"It's my first time actually. I came here and those guys drag me out here just to make fun of me," he said smiling. His smile is gorgeous.

"Such nice friends," I said unable to hide a smile.

"Yeah but I'm actually a lot better at the BMX thing. We're going to so film some riding after lunch. That's actually why I'm here."

"My friend back home is so into BMX. It's not funny," I said remembering Kelly. I should really call her later.

"What about you?"

"I think it's really sweet. And I love watching it."

He just nodded his head and looked back to his friends. Then there was silence for a little bit.

"So there's this party tonight. Would you want to go with me?" That kind of came out of nowhere. I wonder if it's Corey's party.

"Is the guy's name Corey?"

"Yeah, do you know him?"

"I live next door to him. And we hung out last night. And he's kind of the reason why I got into it with the 'rents'."

"So would you want to go?"

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have brought up the Corey thing.

"Yeah, I'd love to," I said trying to cover that up.

"Alright so I'll meet you at your house around 8. Is that ok?" he said while standing up.

"Yeah. I'll be waiting," I said standing up and watching him walk away.

So I guess I have a 'date' for Corey's party. I figured I should make everything right with my parents. Maybe if I told them that I got asked to go to his party by a guy that I met on the beach and not the computer, they might let me go. I walked in and found everyone sitting in the living room probably having a family meeting without me. It wouldn't be the first time. The second I walked in everyone looked at me. Ok how to approach this?

"Amber, we're sor..." My dad started but I cut him off.

"No. I should have told you guys about me talking to Corey and then hanging out with him last night. I realize now how much stuff that could have gone wrong and I totally understand why you guys acted like you did."Well minus the slap from my mom.

"Yeah but you need to pick the guys that you think you want to be with. Corey, I think, is a good kid," he said. Wow. So I almost got a sorry and saying that Corey was a good kid... once again.

"Does this mean I can go to his party?" I asked hoping he would say yes. Then maybe tell him about James.... MAYBE.

"I still don't know about that," Urg... Be a prefect dad and say yes.

"But someone asked me go with them."

Oops... I didn't really want to bring him up this way. They're going to love him now.

"Who and Where?" he asked being a normal dad... I think anyway.

"This guy named James. And I met him down at the beach about an hour ago. He seems really nice," I said just throwing that last part in there.

"Well dad if she has a date to go, you kind of can't ruin the guy's night."

What? Did Matt just... stand up for me? To the parents? This has to be a first. Dad looked at Matt for a few seconds. Please say yes... please please please.

"I just want to talk to this James guy,"

Oh my God. I could so hug my dad right now.

"Thank you. He said he'd be here around 8," I said on my way up the stairs.

Yay! I'm so happy right now. I wanted to look good tonight so I hopped in the shower real fast and then put some clothes on. I wanted to look 'sexy' but not in a slutty way. Dark jeans and a black tank top. Works for me. I did my hair and then makeup. I looked over myself in the mirror and then put my shoes on. I was lying on my bed waiting to hear a knock on the door and then Matt walks in.

"Hey," I said sitting up.

"So, you're going," he said sitting down beside me.

"Yeah. I'm excited and it's just a party."

He nodded his head... And then silence.

"Why did you say something to dad about letting me go?" I asked remembering the events from a few hours ago.

"I just figured since I did pretty much tell them about Corey, I should fix it some how."

Aw.. He's not that much of an asshole as I thought he was. We sit there talking for a little longer and then there it is: the knock... JAMES IS HERE!