Sequel: Do I?

Wasting All These Tears on You

Six

I sighed. We were leaving today to go to Carolina and Dan said that I shouldn't play due to the Jordan and Rachael situation. I didn't even want to play hockey anymore. I finally realized how she lit up my world and now my world is pitch black. I told the guys that I didn't want to even play anymore even though I was only 26. They all told me that I should go tell Rachael all of this but I didn't have the guts to. But I heard that she signed a record label. I was proud that she actually accomplished her dream and wondered what he first song would be about. It's probably about how big of an asshole I was to her. I sighed and looked on iTunes and there was her song that you could buy. I searched "Wasting All These Tears On You" on YouTube and my hunch was right. It was about me being an asshole to her. I sighed and hoped that I could talk to her tomorrow at the game. I sighed and drove to the airport to meet up with the team.

"Hey Sid." Flower said to me as soon as I sat down beside him.

"Hey Flower." I said glumly.

"You really would give up hockey for her wouldn't you?" He asked

"Absolutely. Now that I know what it's like not having her around it sucks. I should've realized that sooner. I might never get her back now." I said while looking down at my feet.

"I'm sure you two will be together again. Me and Vero went though a rough patch for a while." He said

"Really?" I asked shocked

"Yeah I was so stupid and let her slip away for two years and then I finally got her back. It wasn't easy though. And it's gonna be even harder with Rachael since she's so stubborn." He said.

"I know. But it driving me nuts with her not here. I mean I grew up with her, got my first kiss from her, and she was my first girlfriend." I said

"It's going to be okay Sid." Flower reassured.

"I hope so." I muttered.

We landed in Raleigh and got on the bus to PNC Arena. I thought about what I would say to Rachael if I did happen to see her. With my luck I won't get the chance to even tell her how I feel. I sighed and got off the bus when we arrived at the arena.

"RACHAEL!!!!!" Geno screamed and the tall brunette with straight hair and wearing a Hurricanes sweatshirt turned around and smiled at Geno.

"GENO!!!!" She screamed back and hugged the huge Russian.

"Oh so we don't get hugs?" Flower asked her and she hugged everyone but me.

"Uh Rachael can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said and lead me down to the Hurricanes conference room. We sat down across from each other.

"Rachael I miss you." I said and looked down at my hands an then looked up into her bright greenish blue eyes.

"I miss you too Sidney. I miss the Sidney who spent time with me. Not the asshole Sidney." She finished.

"I know I've been an asshole and I even thought about quitting hockey just to try and get you back." I said. She sat there with a shocked look on her face.

Rachael's POV

"What do you mean you've thought about quitting hockey to try and get me back?" I asked with shock clear in my voice.

"I'm actually serious about it. If I can't share it with you why should I even play? I could always put you first. Fuck hockey I only need you." He said.

"Sidney, that's the sweetest thing you've said to me in years. It looks like the old Sid's coming back. I missed him." I said and smiled.

"Yeah he is. I missed him too." He said with a chuckle.

"Wait are you playing tonight?" I asked him.

"No Dan doesn't want me on the ice when Jordan is." He said

"Oh." I said

"Well I should go give the team pep talk." He said with a chuckle and started to walk out.

"Sid wait." I said and ran over and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. He just smiled and walked back towards the visiting teams locker room. I sighed happily. Now there's the Sid I know and love.