Status: Complete

Saved From Mistery

Daddy daughter dance and confessions

Claire drove me all the way back to la. We rocked out to our favorite bands, and got Starbucks on the way. She drove through the city patiently unlike Brie, and got to the parking lot. The clock said 11:30 pm.
"Thank you." I smiled. She shrugged and gave me a hug.
"No problem, and if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here." She rubbed my shoulder before I got out. The bus doors opened for me because Bob (the bus driver) opened them.
"Thanks bob!" I smiled walking in.
"Ey she's home!" Danny exclaimed. I yawned feeling exhausted from dance rehearsals and running around the mall.
"Nice hair." Uncle Charlie noted grabbing a beer from the fridge.
"Really?" Matt laughed. I grinned and nodded. My phone buzzed meaning I had a message.
Ashley: Hey bitch! Just thought since you haven't been at school you died. I hope so. Anyways, the father daughter dance is tomarrow night, good luck getting your dad to come. He never does.
Me: What the hell? I'm still alive and how'd you get my number? I'm with my Uncle Charlie and I don't want to go. What's so bad if I did?
"Who are you texting so close to midnight?" Uncle Charlie laughed.
Ashley: I think we both know you'll never show up, I mean come on.... Have you ever worn a dress is your life? And the father daughter dance has been going on for 4 years now and you've only been once. Without a date.
"Somebody stupid." I mumbled a bit hurt by her words. Yes my dad never showed up but I still showed. This year I was going to curl up in my bunk and eat food. I walked back to my bunk feeling more upset than I had when I walked on the bus. My arm was still in its neon green cast, but I used it anyways despite the pain it brought me.
"What's wrong little fucker?" Uncle Charlie asked leaning on my bunk. I shrugged and handed him my phone.
"Just some stupid thing." I said looking away. It was stupid, but it was also something I had always wanted to do. This time not alone, but everybody knows my dad would never go.
"She has no right to call you those things." He said looking at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
"She's done it since the first day I met her." Unle Charlie sighed.
"Fuck I'm not good with this stuff... GEORGE... DANNY!" He yelled. They both appeared along with the rest of the band. "You guys have daughters." George laughed.
"Mines 1 and a half." Danny chuckled. George read through the messages shaking his head. We all looked at him as he handed the phone to Dylan. Eventually my phone was passed around to them all.
"We'll boys, looks like we're going to a dance." Jorel said as they all cheered.
"I'm gonna pop it and lock it." Matt attempted break dancing. I laughed at his fail. I yawned laying down watching them all show off there break dancing. While Danny was laughing at Uncle Charlie's slut dance I did the accident of falling asleep.
"Wakey wakey." Uncle Charlie poked my face.
"Mmmm five more minutes." I mumbled.
"No you have school." I groaned. He was making me go back to that hell hole only to finish this year. Then I'd be home schooled by them.
"I hate you." I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom to change into polyvore.com/school_day_story/set?id=72501651 . When I walked out, Uncle Charlie was the only one up. He looked exhausted. I grabbed a granola bar from the silverware drawer. Don't ask they do weird things when they're drunk. "Bye." I was about to walk out when he hugged me.
"We're gonna have fun tonight okay?" He stated. I laughed.
"That's what she said." He grinned. I walked out of the tour bus walking to a school bus stop a few blocks away. Girls and boys from my school stared at me with wide eyes. I shrugged putting my headphones in ready for the crappy day of school that lie ahead of me.
"Mrs. Carson's..."
"Terrell." I corrected. "My uncle is getting custody." I smiled.
"Anyways you can't just punch people!" The principle yelled. There was no point in fighting so I just went with my punishment... ISS. "What's your Uncles number?" I didn't answer. "Hello?"
"Hi!" I smiled. "I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you calling him, he'll get mad at you." I smirked.
"I'm pretty sure it's you he'll be yelling at." I sighed giving her the number.
"Don't say I didn't warn you." I laughed. She dialed his number. He instantly started talking when she used his last name.
"Yes, yes she's fine. But she did punch a girl for hitting her. I mean fighting back is not a-" she was cut of by him screaming. She held the phone away from her ear as he yelled at her. When his voice went back to normal she sent me to class with a pale face. I smirked as I got to class. No detention or suspension. The last bell rang as I ran out and on the bus that would take me to the stop. All the kids in my grade were talking about the dance and laughing. I listened to pierce the veil until I came to my stop. When I started walking I changed pierce the veil to sleeping with sirens.
"The say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need." I sang on the walk to the tour bus. I stopped realizing I had taken my old bus and was walking to my house, not the tour bus. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I needed a dress anyways I shrugged. My family normally all came home at six. I quickly snuck in and grabbed the only dress I owned. I also grabbed my purse, soccer bag full of new clothes, and a bunch of other crap. Including my stuffed lamb I got from my grandma when I was born. I missed it so much. I heard my brother walk through the door and snuck back out through my window. Many years of sneaking out had paid off. With the money I had I took the city bus to the bus stop infront of the parking lot. When I got on the bus all the guys were stretching? I rolled my eyes laughing at them.
"Did you sneak into your house?!" Uncle Charlie exclaimed. I nodded holding up the stuff.
"And you made it out!" Matt laughed. I grinned and put my things in the back with my other suitcase. I pulled out my dress and everything I needed. I was going to show Ashley and her little bitches that I knew how to dress up.
"Hurry up!"
"Are you done?!"
"I wanna see!"
"We gotta go!" They all whined as I applied my lip gloss. Everything was perfect polyvore.com/daddy_daughter_dance_story/set?id=72506482 . I walked out seeing them all dressed up. Well if jeans, a black tshirt, and a bowtie counts. I smiled as the all ran off the bus excited. We took the light blue mustang to the school.
"Back to the hell hole." Uncle Charlie let me get out first. We all walked to the entrance together. Everyone stared with their mouths gaping open. When we walked into the gym Ashley's face was priceless. The song 'Thrift shop' played making us all break dance. I couldnt stop laughing. Something by Kesha came on next, Dylan and I danced to that one while the others got refreshments. I laughed as Uncle Charlie came over during the middle of the song and joined us with punch in his hand.
"Come with me!" Ashley yelled over the music. I gave Uncle Charlie a look and went with her. I needed to settle this once and for all. Of course everyone was waiting for me, except with the sink full of water. "We're sick of seeing you. So since you're so suicidal we want to see you kill yourself." Was she really that sick?
"If I kill myself it'll be my way, not yours." I turned around and walked out. My life was finally turning around, Uncle Charlie wasn't going to just take custody of me for me to kill myself. I walked in trying not to cry. George put an arm around me and took me over to Uncle Charlie. The song 'if I lose myself' by One Republic came on. Uncle Charlie pulled me onto the dance floor along with all the girls and their dads. We danced and laughed at some of the dads. Ashley kept sending me glares so Uncle Charlie flipped her off. She looked at me with pure shock and looked away. "She tried to get me to kill myself in the bathroom." I confessed. He gave me worried look.
"Don't you dare okay?" Concern filled his eyes.
" I won't." I hugged him as we danced.
"You're the only child that's worth having around." He chuckled. I laughed along with him. He let out a sigh and looked at me in the eyes. "I need to tell you something. It's why me and your father hate each other." He gulped and hugged me. "I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would be better with him, he'd always been the better one. So when he took me from you I allowed it hoping it was better for you." He held tears back. "I felt like shit when you told me he abused you. Your mom left me with you and god I was a confused 14 year old! Your dad,". He put them in quotes. "Took custody of you ripping you out of my life." I gave him a confused look as if he'd gone mad. "You're my daughter Rachel."