Not the One

Chapter 12

It was time. Time for us to go to Paris. The days went by so fast that I didn’t realize my time with Tina was almost up. I wanted to make sure we would have the best time together in Paris. Hopefully nothing would come between us.
I was glad that Tina was okay with me being inexperienced in a relationship. I still felt awkward and amazed that I had a girlfriend. One who was hot and rich. Not that those mattered all that much to me. But those added features made me even happier.
We grabbed our suitcases and got into Daniel’s car. He was going to drive us to the airport. Again, I was nervous that I would get into an accident on the plane.
We immediately got on our flight, which was a relief because we didn’t have to worry about the flight being late or any other obstacles.
This time I let Tina get the window seat because I wanted to look at her. She was more beautiful than any view outside any day, any time.
We got comfortable in our seats.
“I’m really excited for this,” said Tina quietly to me.
“Yeah, me too.”
After a few more minutes of silence, I had to ask, “So… what kind of a hotel is it? Will we be sharing rooms?”
Tina smiled knowingly. “I convinced my mom that we could share a room because then we’ll be saving money. Don’t ask me about the beds. I don’t know about that.” She touched my hand and held it. Her hands were nice and warm, which fit nicely with mine.
“Do you know how to speak French?” I asked.
“Not really. Do you?”
“Nope.”
“Don’t worry. You probably don’t really need to say much while we’re there.”
For the rest of the trip, Tina was asleep. I read magazines and occasionally looked outside the window. I was still scared something was going to happen but not as much because Tina was beside me.
Many hours passed, and we finally landed. The whole process of checking out, getting our bags, and coming out of the airport was fast. I barely remembered anything.
When we were outside on the sidewalk, I looked up and around the city. It was spectacular. I bet it looked even better at night. This was definitely the city of love. And, I was in love with Tina.
“My mom told me to take a taxi to the hotel,” Tina told me.
We waited for a cab. It came moments later.
“To the Lipten Hotel, please,” Tina told the driver.
During the drive, I noticed a lot of people on the streets. Several artists were painting outside on the parks. There was a small fashion show going on outside near what appeared to be a mall. I caught a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower from afar. I was so glad I could be here.
The driver stopped the car outside the hotel. Tina and I got out and headed inside. She checked in at the front desk and we were given the keys to our suite.
Our room was all the way up on the highest floor, Floor 50. The elevator ride felt like it was never going to end.
“Did your mom pick this room for us?” I asked.
“Yep. I have no idea why she would pick the one that was on the last floor all the way up.”
“At least we’ll get a nice view of the city?” I hoped.
“We better.” Just then the elevator stopped on our floor and we got out. We headed to our room. It was room number 5005.
“Okay, this is it,” Tina said, excitedly. She used the card key and slid it through the slot. The door clicked open. We entered. The first thing that I noticed was a big hot tub in the corner of the room. And then I saw that there was only one bed.
“Whoa, I think this must be the couple’s suite,” Tina said, smiling.
“Did your mom make a mistake?”
“Probably, but that’s okay.” She winked at me. I felt myself blush.
Tina yawned and stretched her arms back. “I’m tired. I’ll go take a nice warm shower and get into bed. We’ll do things tomorrow morning.”
“Okay, have fun.” I watched her go inside the bathroom. I decided to relax by changing into my sleep clothes and getting comfortable on the bed. There was a switch near the bed which turned off the lights. I turned to my left side and saw the whole city outside. The window was pretty much the size of the wall. All the city lights outside illuminate the dark hotel room I was in.
After a few minutes of staring out into space, Tina arrived by my side. She smelled like vanilla and I loved it so much. I turned to my right and grabbed her by the waist. She squealed and positioned herself on top of me. I could feel that she was only wearing a bathrobe, which got me excited. And then she got close to my face and kissed me. I kissed her back more passionately than I ever had.
“Leo,” she whispered. Her voice sent me chills down my back. I continued to kiss her. I even used a little bit of tongue, to get her excited. She was really getting into the mood. She took off my shirt slowly. I was a bit embarrassed to be seen or touched shirtless because I didn’t have a good, toned body. I was kind of scrawny, but whatever. Hopefully Tina didn’t mind too much that I didn’t work out.
“Tina, you’re beautiful.” I dared myself to kiss her neck. And I did. I was amazed at what I was capable of doing when I had someone so amazing next to me. I wondered if I would do this with Jane. I could not believe I was thinking about Jane right now. Why did all my thoughts always go back to her?
I felt Tina easing my sweatpants lower. I stopped her by placing my hands over hers. I was suddenly not in the mood to do anything sexual.
“What’s wrong, Leo?” She asked, concerned.
“Nothing. I’m just tired.”
“Oh…”
I went up and grabbed my shirt on the floor and put it back on. I went back on the bed and got underneath the covers and closed my eyes. I was trying to show Tina I really was tired by pretending to sleep. She got the message and turned to her side. Our backs were facing each other.