Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 11

It was an early start for all of them the next morning, and Lea was glad that she would be able to hide her tired eyes behind her camera lens all day. She had left Dave’s place around 3am, letting everybody know, that they’d all meet at 10am sharp at an abandoned industrial estate near her place to start the photo shoot. The guys were under a tight schedule, as they had a show to be at later that day, and needed to be at the soundcheck at around 2 in the afternoon, and from experience she knew that working with a bunch of hungover guys, even if the make-up artist was great, was a rather hard thing to do.
The moment Dave and the guys arrived, merely 10 minutes late, she pretended being busier than she actually was. She was uncertain as to how she should act towards Matt, after having shared passionate kisses the night before, under the influence of too many shots and beer. As Dave gave her a questioning look from where he was standing with the guys, who were in make-up, she knew that at least he wasn’t buying her busy appearance. He had been working with her and other bands on previous shoots and he knew damn well, that she usually was the calmest person on set. She knew that she was behaving silly, especially since there was absolutely nothing to worry about: they had both had fun last night and they had no commitment to each other. Although she liked Matt a lot, she was now doubting that it had been the right thing getting involved with him in the first place. She knew, that Jay wouldn’t give up that easily, he always had to have the last word in things, and this time she had not given him the chance for doing this.

“Good morning everybody! I hope you’re not having too much of a headache? I’ll be leaving you guys pretty much free hand with things, I gonna do some group shots and some portraits, that Dave wants for the website. As long as the dynamic is right, all is fine. We’ll be starting with the group shots…that way you guys can relax a little.”

As the band went towards a huge pile of rubble and iron posts, Matt went over to her and embraced her, peering down into her dark brown eyes.

“Why are you pretending to be so busy Lea, you’re thinking so much about how to act after last night, it’s plainly written all over your face. Don’t worry about a thing doll face, it is my job to stress about how to keep you interested in me. So I thought - uhm - you could maybe come with us to the gig later and take some none-posed pics backstage or something. What do you think?”

Why was it so easy for him to just put her mind at ease? His embrace somehow took all uncertainty away from her, replacing it with warmth and comfort and…butterflies in her stomach?

“Yeah, I am not that great stuff like this, never have been, never will be! Always thinking too much about the what-if’s. But the gig idea sounds great!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok...this was the 2nd part of previous Chapter...so shorter one too. Next one longer...cross over my heart!