Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Interlude

Lea was editing some pictures of her latest shoot for some Pin-Up calendar, when she received an IM.

“Hey pretty, wassup?”

It was Dave. The last time they had talked had been when she had mailed him the pictures of the Avenged Sevenfold shoot and from the backstage area that she had taken just before their show. That had been 3 months ago.

“Am doing fine, working like an animal, as usual. Yourself?”

“Same same, only different! Had a really love-sick Matt on the phone yesterday…why didn’t you contact him after I gave you his cell number? He’s still real down you just left that evening without another word you know.”

“Dave, you tell me that all the time, but I told you that I have to stand on my own two feet again before getting myself into a new relationship. Especially with a musician, that doesn’t even live in the same city or State as me.”

“And why are you telling ME that! If he’d hear that from you, at least he’d know what this silence is all about.”

He was right, of course he was right. But she also knew that Matt’s charm would make her throw all precautions and alarm bells over board, in a time when she could simply not afford to do this, if her and Matt were ever to have a chance of a functioning relationship. She needed to trust him, and after all the times Jay had let her down, it would take a while for her to regain her trust in men.

“I just don’t wanna give him the feeling that I am not interested in him by telling him that I can’t do this right now. I don’t want him to count the days…or feel like he’s wasting his time while waiting for me to give this the ok. You know that I am shit talking about my feelings. Can’t you tell him?”

She actually needed to put this in two IMs, it was so long.

“I think I already helped you out enough. It was damn hard denying him your number time and time again. I see him almost everyday these past 2 weeks, they started recording. Next time he asks, I’ll give it to him…and if you really like him, I’d strongly suggest that YOU are the one contacting him, after leaving him like that with no explanation at all 3 months ago. Sorry Lea, but this guy does deserve to know what happened. Cut him some slack, he’s nothing like Jay.”

As Lea was typing a reply, he just signed off without another word, leaving her with a bitter feeling. Damn, Dave was real pissed with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short one, but there was no way of catching up on everything that could have happened in these 3 months!