Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 18

“Who’s this?”

Ebony said in a disapproving tone of voice, holding the picture of Matt and Lea in her hands. Dave had placed it into the vocal booth earlier today, just before the guys had arrived. Who could have expected that this woman was nosy as hell and wanted to check out the facilities!

“Who is what babe?”

Matt replied, sticking his head in the door. Ebony held up the picture between two fingers, letting it dangle forth and back in front of his eyes. Matt’s heart dropped immediately snatching the picture from her hands.

“Daaaave!”

He screamed, stomping towards the mixing room. Dave had already hated himself for having helped Lea out, he was now in deep shit, why the hell did that girl have to find the pic. Of course Ebony was following Matt, but to her surprise, he stopped short of the door to the room Dave was in.

“Ebs, please gimme a minute or two with him alone, I gotta ask him what the fuck is going on. I promise, this has nothing to do with us.”

He pressed a kiss on her cheek, before entering the room and closing the door in her face. Ebony went back into the main studio, sitting down on Rev’s spot behind the drum kit. She was fidgeting with her long hair, watching Dave and Matt through the large glass front, not able to hear anything that was said. The conversation between them seemed rather one- sided, Matt doing a lot of screaming and wild gestures with his hands, pointing towards the picture he had just taken off her. Her mind was at ease…at least it seemed like he wasn’t happy about seeing that picture of him and that woman, he seemed very irritated…most likely an ex of his or something.

-------
“Dave, where the hell is this picture coming from all of a sudden!”

Matt’s voice did suggest that he wasn’t taking anymore crap from Dave, but Dave’s face had tightened up, not saying one word in response.

“Seriously Dave! I have seen the pics Lea sent over to you, the ones of her and me were not included, you said she didn’t send them. Did she not send them, like you told me, or did you actually have them and were hiding them on purpose!”

He could see in Dave’s face, that an answer was burning on his lips, but he pressed them together tightly. This behaviour made Matt even more frantic.

“I swear to God: if you don’t tell me what the fuck is going on, I’ll get the band on a different label, seems like I can’t trust you anymore!”

At least this last comment seemed to have left some impact. Dave was looking up at him, his eyes almost begging him to stop the questioning. But after a minute of silence, he cursed under his breath, before finally starting to talk.

“Lea got in touch with me 2 weeks ago, saying that she’d be coming up for a visit. She wanted to meet up with you in person, most likely to explain what had happened, seeing where the two of you’s are standing at.”

Matt just stared at him, jaw dropped. Had he heard right? All these past 2 weeks he had try to contact her and she was planning all along to come here and meet up with him?

“Why didn’t she tell me - why the fuck didn’t YOU tell me for all I care! I have been seeing you every day these past few weeks, and you know I was desperate to know what was happening!!!”

Dave raised his hands in an apologetic manner, while sitting down in a chair, dropping his head to his chest.

"Trust me, if it would have been for me, I would have give you her number months ago, but she begged me not to. Guess she was trying to recover from the split with Jay, before letting anybody else close to her. She mailed me the picture in the post just yesterday, asking me to pass it on to you.”

Matt was relaxing a little, looking down ath the picture again. Hell, his mind was on overdrive, he had almost forgotten the soft features of her face, her amazing dark brown eyes, her curly hair…

“Wait a minute! Does that mean she’s here? In town? Right now?”

Dave was battling with himself, whether or not he should tell Matt that she was at his place, but as Matt’s expression hardened again, he had no choice but to give the secret up, not wanting to damage their friendship or business partnership.

“She’s gonna kill me if she finds out that I told you! Lea arrived yesterday afternoon…-“

He followed Matt’s eyes, as he was looking through the glass wall into the studio where Ebony was sitting, chatting away with Rev and Syn..

“…- and no, she doesn’t know anything about Ebs and you being an item. I guess she had her doubts after she called you 2 weeks ago, but back then I told her that you are madly in love with her and that it must have been some crazy groupie, or something along those lines.”

“Fuck!”

Matt screamed, throwing one of the empty chairs across the room, crashing into the wall near the door. This was going to be a problem…a major problem! The woman he wanted so much was finally within his grasp, but his self- doubt and the desperate need for some female attention and companionship had led him to commit to a becrazed fan girl. He picked up the chair, kicking it across the room again.
Both him and Dave noticed activity in the studio, all the guys and Ebony getting off their seats, most likely rushing towards the mixing room. One helpless look finally made Dave give in fully, before the others stormed into the room.

“She’s most likely at the beach, behind my house. Go! I’ll make up some story for the others.”

Matt stared at him, trying to get his head around what he should be doing. He raised the picture again, scanning over it. He could hear confused voices from the hallway, closing in on the door.

“Keep this pic safe somewhere, away from Ebony. I’ll call you if I can’t find her.”

Just as he opened the door, the others came piling in. There were a lot of questions buzzing around him, but he just stormed off, only hearing a hectic mix of voices. He felt Ebony’s hand on his arm, but he kept on walking, tearing his arm away from her. Fuck her anyways…because of her stupid comment when Lea had called 2 weeks ago, Lea had thought it was a bad idea to get in touch with him again. He quickly got into his car and drove off towards Dave’s house.