Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 20

A few hours later Dave opened the front door, letting himself, Brian, Zack Rev and Johnny in. Ebony had been acting frantic since the moment Matt had stormed out of the studio with no explanation at all. At this stage, she was most likely every person she knew, trying to find out if they had seen Matt around anywhere, or driving around to places she knew he might hang out. Dave almost felt pity for her, if she wouldn’t have screamed down at him after Matt had left, not knowing what had gone on between the two of the in the obviously heated discussion he had been having with Dave. There were 2 possible scenarios: either he would find Lea by herself or the two of them together, simple as that!
Just as he walked into the lounge room, his phone rang. A big smile appeared on his face as he turned around the corner, his eyes glued to the couch.

“Dave! I looked everywhere! He ain’t at home or anywhere else I could think of! I am starting to get worried, what if something happened to him?”

Ebony was genuinely worried, he could hear it in her trembling voice…and he did feel sorry for her. Good thing that she wasn’t here, seeing what he saw.

“You know him Ebs, he’s most likely driving , speeding down some highway to clear his head. Don’t worry, he’ll get in touch with you as soon as he has calmed down. Bye.”

Dave and the guys were looking at Lea and Matt, curled up together on the couch, hardly an inch of space between them, his strong arms wrapped tightly around her waist. This looked too cute. But of course, the guys couldn’t just leave it at that. Both Syn and Johnny already had their camera phones out taking pictures, before Zack had the chance to jump on top of them.
It took them a few moments to wake up and realize what was happening around them. Syn and Dave started to laugh, as Lea desperately tried to sit up, her cheeks were blushed, but without even moving, Matt kept her close to his body. His strong arms were too much for her to even squirm.

“Matt! Lemme go you fuckface!”

She winged, trying to free at least her arms. Matt lifted his head, sporting a huge smile, before sinking his teeth into her neck for a good 5 seconds. She whimpered, but the guys could see in her expression that she did enjoy it.

“I win!”

He said as he finally released her, lifting his arms a little, allowing her to jump up. Everybody was laughing at the picture in front of them…apart from her. She was too nervous and uncertain what Dave and the other guys were thinking of her. She rolled her eyes as Matt came up next to her, kissing her cheek.

“I need a drink!”

She mumbled, pissing off into the kitchen. She could still feel his touch on her skin, the warmth his body had radiated, the secure feeling when being in his arms. She couldn’t help but smile, as she started to walk back towards the lounge, sipping on her cold beverage.

“You gotta tell Ebs about it, otherwise you’ll have a lot of nasty surprises, you know what she’s like!”

She could hear Zack whisper to Matt in a hushed tone, just as she entered the room. Nobody had noticed her yet, their back being turned towards her. She stopped in the door.

“I don’t even worry about that right now. But I gotta tell lea,…otherwise things will get messy.”

Matt replied, stretching his arms behind his back and looking up, see her stand in the door. She had an undecided expression on her otherwise soft face.

“Who’s sneaking up on who this time?”

He said quickly, walking towards her with a teasing smile, hoping he hadn’t heard any of their conversation. He had to find the right moment for telling her that he was seeing someone since the last 2 weeks. It pained him to think of what she would do, should she happen to find out about Ebony, before he had a chance to officially break it off with Ebony, and being able to tell Lea about it. He just wasn’t sure in which order he should do it. Her next question kind of made it clear, which way he had to do it.

“Tell me what?”

She plainly asked, innocently sipping on her beer, looking up into his eyes. She had no idea what was going on, and why the others suddenly disappeared to the outside area. Shit! This started to feel weird. The way he looked at her, obviously searching for words, Dave and the others disappearing to give them space…she knew these kind of situations, and they usually always were moments of bad news.

“Well, there’s something I didn’t tell you about earlier, but I think it’s only fair that you know. I…was kinda seeing before you came over here. I just thought I’d tell you before you hear it from somebody else.

She stared at him in disbelief. The sensation of his passionate kisses coming back to mind. They had taken her breath away, and all cautions had been thrown over board. They had been talking for at least 2 hours earlier on, before retreating to the couch to get a nap…and he hadn’t mentioned any girlfriend to her. Lea crossed her arms over her chest, peering up at him…Gods…those amazing hazel green orbs…wanting to make sure she had understood him correctly, she started talking again.

“Ok, so what you’re saying is, that you had something going on with a girl BEFORE I got here…but right now, before you told me that you liked me and all and before we kissed, you were not with her anymore?”

He could see in her hopeful look, that she really needed him to confirm the just said. There was no way he’d say anything that could threaten what they had right now. Even if that ment lying to her, until he had broken it off with Ebony…something he already dreaded.

“Yeah! Remember when you called? That was her, on the phone. She’s a fan girl but very persistent for the past year or so…since Val and me broke up…and I was lonely…-“

“Bah, spare me the details! Dunno why you’re making such a big deal out of it then, if you two are not an item anymore. I might be a careful person, but that don’t mean I am a drama queen. I know men have their needs, you know!”

He couldn’t help herself but enclose her gace with his hands, once more his lips crushing into hers. She didn’t back away or anything, but instead her tongue started to play with his lips, before she continued, ending up suckling on his lower lip, her teeth carefully pulling on his lip ring a bit.

“Ewhhh, get a friggin’ room you two, seriously!”

Syn said, in played disgust as he walked into the lounge room picking up his guitar case.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, was about damn time!!! But oh, things can be so very short lived!!!