Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 31

"Sandra, I can't possibly wear this dress out! I look like a vamp that is looking for a pimp!"

Lea was huffing, attempting to pull the black smooth fabric at least half way down her thighs, and at the same time trying to hide her cleavage a bit better. At the time of buying this dress, she had thought that it would drive Zacky wild, and that they would have a lot of fun together, her teasing him all night. However, knowing that Matt and the guys would be there, made her nervous.

"Hell no, there's no way around it! You look like one hot piece of woman, and not only is Zack gonna go nuts looking at you, but Matt will cut off his dick for cheating on you! Trust me on this one: you don't look like a ho' , you look like one smoking' hot momma!"

Lea still didn't really want to listen to her friend. Yes, she did look more like some sort of punk/ metal cross in this dress, purely to the bullet belt and the steel cap boots, that had a little platform sole. Once more, she twirled around, looking at herself in the 3-fold floor length mirror in the shop. The back was so low cut, that the small of her back was showing. The new tattoo, which was spreading from the back of her neck down to the tiny groove just above her buttocks.The deep black lettering seeming to flow down her spine read "Vengeance". Her eyes sparkled reading it again and again. The cursive style of lettering looked smooth, yet not too feminine. It had been her first tattoo, and it meant something to her...it meant the world to her. Not just because of Zacky, but because of having promised herself that she would never again just stand back and let people hurt her. The fabric was clinging to her slender body, setting all the right accents to the curves on her hips and her butt. The front was a low v-neck cut, giving her a plunging cleavage, due to the invisible support that was worked in the top. The halter-less fishnet stockings looked good on her. Lea did have to admit: she did look awesome! But she wasn't used to dress up. Not for herself, and especially not when going out. Jay had never liked her dressing up when they went out, he said that he hated the way guys would look at her.

"Sandra, do you think it was too early to get this tattoo? In the size I did get it? You think I am doing the right thing here? I mean, I got here 2 weeks ago because of one man, and now I am with another, who just so happens to be the first guy's best friend. I mean...meeting Matt tonight will be so awkward, he's gonna hate me forever, and I don't even wanna imagine what he'll be doing to Zacky. Z. has his reservations about tonight for a reason, no?"

All of this just rushed out of her mouth. Sandra stared at her. Her friend had never been nervous about anything like this. She could understand her though. Matt was a great guy, from what she had seen back in NYC, but she would kick his ass personally as soon as she'd have him to herself for a minute. She couldn't remember much of Zack, but the way Lea was talking about him, the way she was acting, hell, even getting his stage name tattooed over the whole of her back...he must have something. Lea was always careful when it came to guys, especially if she didn't really know them. Hence her distance to Matt once he had gone back to Cali, she wanted top be sure she wanted him, and that he wasn't just after a quick fuck. That she had hooked up with Zack this quickly was out of the norm, and that she had gotten this tattoo without any hesitation was amazing too. After all the shit she had gone through in the past few months, Sandra didn't want to be the one spoiling the fun, especially not on Lea's birthday, but someone needed to shed some light into this situation. Lea was blinded by Zack's affection, and most likely hoped to have found what she was looking for in him.
An awkward silence was laying in the air, as Lea was waiting for her friend to answer.

"OK babe, listen carefully: I do not want to make any judgment over Zacky, I only know of him what you tell me everyday on the phone, and referring to your words, he seems like an awesome man.
There are only 2 things that I am worries about, and I am not trying to belittle you. First off, yes, I think Matt will go crazy. No matter which way you gonna try and swing it. He thinks that you went back to NYC, and now, you'll meet him, and you are with his friend.
I have no idea, how you gonna explain that fact to him, other than being honest, or at least tell him half the truth. And that would be, that you stayed at Zack's place the night that he cheated. And that would tell Matt, that his friend lied to him,...I could go on, but you can probably already see, that there is no easy way out of this, no way to protect you, Zack and Matt from any pain at the same time."

She took a big sip from her water bottle. The next thing she was about to say wasn't easy, and Sandra truly hoped, that she was wrong about it, she didn't want to see her friend hurt again.

"The second thought that crossed my mind: after Matt finds out that not only you, but Zacky lied to him, hell will break lose. From what I hear, he has quite a temper. And...damn, how can I say this without it sounding too harsh...these two guys know each other since over 10 years, have been in a band for almost as long, they are best friends. If it comes to his friendship and his band, I am just wondering if he would chose you, a girl he knows since 2 weeks, over his career and friends, because it may come down to that."

Lea gasped. The last sentences of her friend had shredded her heart into a million of pieces. She knew that Sandra was usually straight out, but the last comment brought Lea crashing back to the floor of harsh reality. She had never thought of it that way!

"You think that's the reason why he doesn't want Matt to know? Because he doesn't want to make a choice? Because he knows, which way it would go? Fuck, I wouldn't stand a chance! This band is Zacky's life!"

Once more, she started tugging on the short bottom part of her outfit. Well, at least she would look good when Matt would confront them and at least both of them would know, that they had let go an amazing looking woman, for completely different reasons.

"Don't think about it now babe, just wait and see what happens...although your new tattoo pretty much says everything, even without words! I am there and will stand by you, and even if Dave did behave like an ass, he will never let anything bad happen to you. It's your birthday, you should have fun!"

Yeah, fun. With the prospect of a fight on her hands, Lea was not that convinced, that 'fun' would be a main component of the night.

"Come on, there was a bar around teh corner, let's get some drinks before heading to that other place, it'll calm your nerves, plus, it'll boost your confidence, so that you finally stopp tugging on this damn outfit!"

Sandra slapped Lea's hand, as she was yet again attempting to reposition the low neckline of her dress.