Come Back to Me - It's Almost Easy

Chapter 38

A week had passed and Lea had long forgiven Zack for flipping out on her like this. It wasn't hard to do so, he was genuinely sorry for what he had said, and his insecurity was somehow...adorable, though it did remind her about arguments she had had with Jay, her previous relationship. It was understandable though: she had left 2 months ago, at a stage in their relationship where they had not discovered everything about each other. His fear had simply taken over, especially after her ill-placed ' ...I ever get hammered and some dude is trying to bed me' comment she had made just seconds before his outburst.

Still, she hadn't told him about the offer she had received completely unexpectedly about 2 weeks ago, and it was burning on her lips every single second she was spending with Zack, which wasn't an awful lot, seen that he was still promoting the latest album with the rest of the guys. Plus, she wanted to make sure that she told him at the right time, not causing another outburst of jealousy,...though being back together again had soothed him down a lot, they were inseparable, once together, him making her feel, like she was the only woman on earth he ever cared about.

"Zack? There is something I wanted to talk to you about since I got back, but I...kinda...didn't find the right time so far, you've been so busy."

Her significant other was sitting on the couch in the den, going through a big stack of paper work, regarding the renewal of an endorsement deal. In his eyes it was all a bunch of gibberish, but he wanted to go through it himself, making sure there were no hidden catches.

"Shoot baby, I am all ear!"

He looked up with a smile, and was just about to pull her onto his lap, but she instead sank down on the floor, sitting between his legs, looking up into his eyes, trying to figure out what kinda of mood he was in.

"You do know, that I don't only shoot bands and stuff, but that I have done shoots for pin-up calenders and tattooists and heaps of other stuff, right?"

She stopped herself, twisting one of her locks between her fingers. Why was she so nervous? It's not that she had already accepted the offer and was now dropping it on him, without having a say in it or anything like that! If he didn't like the idea, she wouldn't do it, simple as that, so there was no reason for him to get upset or anything.

"Yes? Why? Did someone already get in touch with you about a shoot or something? That's awesome, I didn't even know you had gone out there to advertise yet...who is it for?"

Her eyes were fixed onto the floor now, her hand playing with the rim of his pants' legs, trying to figure out for the tenth time today, how to put the words. She knew that Zacky prefered outspoken people, that he didn't like having to pull every single sentence out of someone.

"Well, no...yes, I mean, not exactly!"

She could have slapped herself: what the fuck!

He grabbed her hands and smiled down at her.

"Come on Lea, you're not usually this shy? Why are you having such a hard time telling me whatever it is you wanna tell me?

There was no point keeping the reason of her nervousness a secret really, it was all over, and there was no reason to beat around the bush, he might hear it from Dave or Sandra one day down the road anyhow. And somehow it felt easier to tell him about this, than the other thing she MEANT to tell him.

"Well, I had a similar offer before, and I told Jay about it, to ask his opinion before I decided anything..., let's just say, he flipped out and I spent 2 days in hospital because of his beating. So, I am just a little careful about what I say and what I better don't."

He stared at her, in disbelief, his eyes narrowing:

"Let me get this straight: your ex didn't only cheat on you repeatedly, but he beat you up so bad, that you were in hospital for 2 days? And you were still not leaving him? Oh baby, do you really think I'd ever lay a finger on you...apart from rough sex that is?"

He slid off the sofa, and pulled her into his arms. She had somehow expected to cry, or at least shed some silent tears, but there came nothing, nothing apart from a huge weight being from her shoulders, her finally being able to relax, after at least this secret was out. She had more confidence now.

She exhaled against his chest, pulling awya from his embrace, looking into his eyes again.

"Ok, well, that wasn't really what I wanted to talk to you about though, but it's what resulted from it. And no, I didn't think for one secnd that you would beat me up, you know I would make your life miserable if you would!"

They both laughed and he sat back onto the sofa, making a mental note to ask Dave about the beating she had received from Jay, and if anybody had gotten him back for that. He couldn't believe that they had met Jay in NYC, that his band had even opened for them, and that he had gotten away with brutally beating this lovely girl. If they would have known at the time...they would have needed to carry him out the venue, so much was sure!

" I am so sorry to hear about that babe, and trust me: if I ever see his face again I will get back at him for doing that to you...but what exactly was the real question you wanted to ask me?"

Now or never! she told herself, simply rushing the words out, not looking up at him.

"Playboy are aparently making a special soon about the girlfriends of current rock stars, or something like that, and they somehow knew that you and me were an item, and with your new album out and all they wanted the girlfriend of someone from Avenged Sevenfold,and someone in their creative department had my number so they called me 2 weeks ago and made me the offer to be featured and i said I'll have to ask you first and then-"

Lea stopped mid-sentence as Zacky's jaw dropped and his eyes widened, two huge green orbs staring back at her. Shit, I knew I shouldn't have asked and just refused the offer, fuck!
Zacky stood up and rushed into the kitchen, she could hear the familiar clink of glass and bottle, knowing he was pouring himself a JD. He returned, letting some ice cubes slide into the glass, 2 finger shots filled, as he sat down again. He pulled the phone out of his pocket and dialled a number on speed dial, while drinking a big sip of the alcohol.

"Zack, i can ref-"

"Dude, guess what! My woman is gonna be in a Playboy Special! No, I am not shitting you! Serious! What? Why the fuck would I lie- ...just ask her yourself!"

He passed her the phone, expecting her to take it over and to talk to whoever was on the other end. His expression had somewhat changed, and he was now straight out smirking at her, almost an evil grin on his lips...in a good way.

"Zack? Lea? What the fuck! Playboy! You serious? Oh my God...I gonna see your titts and your...sorry, I am excited. Ehm...Lea, tell me he didn't just flip me off?"

She had to laugh hard as she heard Brian's voice screech from the other end. Zacky laughed as well, lowering himself, pushing her back unto the floor, pushing up her shirt and kissing her tight stomach. She was laughing even more, as the contact of his snake bites on her naked skin tickled.

"Yes Brian, I got an offer if I wanted to be part, but I didn't accept it yet, I wanted to ask Zack first if he was ok with it If I would have known he'd call everybody with the good news I would have accepted it 2 weeks ago!"

She could hear Brian shriek like a little excited girl, his breath uneven.

"Guys! Guess what-"

Was the last thing she could hear before the call was disconnected. She look edat the phone and cocked her brows as she put it on the coffee table next to her. Zacky was now raising his head, looking down at her, still showing off a big smile.

"Are you crazy? I mean: what guy wouldn't want his girl in Playboy! Fuck,...just imagine! I mean, those Special Editions are usually way more thought after than the monthly ones, every damn man will know that you are mine! And they will look at the pictures and hate me for being such a lucky fucker, being with such a sex bomb! FUCK, it really can't get better than this...and your bastard of an ex will want to kill himself, ha!"

It was amazing how many times he was able to add the word 'Fuck' into this rather short comment, and Lea couldn't help but giggle, trying to manouver him off of her, in order to reach for his glass. He pushed her hand away from his glass, quickly skulling the rest off the liquid.

"You don't even like this shit...get ready, we are so going out to celebrate this!"

He said pulling her to her feet, running up the stairs with her.

"So I take this as a yes?"

He dropped in his tracks, turning around to her, lifing her unto his arms, bridal style, kissing her quickly onto the lips.

"Yes, that is definitely a yes! Go call whoever you have to call and then get ready...NOW!"

He sropped her onto her own two feet again on the top of the stairs, running off into the big main bathroom, and seconds later she could hear the shower. Her phone rang, as she was still smiling as she picked up.

"Let me get this straight: you were asked to participate in a shoot for a Playboy Special Edition and you didn't accept straight away becaus of what?"

It was Matt's familiar and soothing voice, although he now sounded very excited, not believing she had even considered Zack's opinion in this. She could still hear Brian's excited screeching in the background.

"Awh, come on Matt, cut me some slack: if I would be still with you, you would have surely appreciated my asking before I take off any clothes and present my body for everyone to see, no? You even had a problem with Bri look at my cleavage back at Excess!"

Shit! Could I have been any more insensitive? I knew that matt and me got on ok, and I truly valued his friendship, but I should simply shut my trap sometimes instead of just letting my words go crazy with me. The silence on the other end suggested, that the words had exactly caused the reaction I had threatened.

"I'm sorry Matt, that kinda slipped, I didn't mean-"

"It's ok doll, I was just thinking of reading through that magazine and see my name tattooed on your vulva area, that's all. Brian demands that we get wasted tonight...where you wanna go?"

Zack left the bathroom, a cloud of steam being released into the hallway. He was naked and just looked adorable, his wet hair hanging in his face as he dried it off with a towel. She didn't even notice that she was biting her lip as her eyes were gliding down his body, until he stopped inches away from her, kissing her forehead.

"Ask Zack, i gonna get a shower and get ready...no strip clubs, you hear me Matt!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hahahaha...I know I was promising sex,...but am in work right now and just can't get in the mood writing about stuff like that, lol!
Thanks go out to A7Xwrkd471707 and A7Xmcs, who's stories managed to get me the fuck addicted!!!
And to NoLies.JustTies , without who I'd go crazy...looove you babe...no naughty things in the beach house!