Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Lasts

"It must be sad for them" Joe started. Leena and Joe walked around the track that surronded their football field. "The last football game of the season..."

"They'll get over it, Ice Hockey starts up in a few weeks. We'll have something new to focus on" she said.

"I miss playing..."

"Dude relax, I bet you can play in college"

"I don't think so, but thanks for being positive" Leena smiled and put her arm around Joe.

"Stop being a little bitch" she whispered into his ear. He didn't know why, but Joe started laughing hysterically. It just reminded him of memories.

"Hey ladies" Mac said as she walked over. "How you feeling, Joe?" she asked.

"Great, thanks for asking. Oh and thanks for calling me a girl" Mac smirked.

"Well, your hair, bro" she said. "You need a hair cut" Joe pulled at his now shoulder-length curly medium blonde hair.

"Yeah, I guess I do need a haircut"

"Don't cut your hair! I need a best girlfriend" Leena joked. Joe shoved Leena into a fence as she laughed.

"How's your brain?" Mac asked. Joe took the hat he was wearing off. A part of his head was shaved down and exposed. She could see the stitches on his head. "Gross"

"I can't cut my hair until the rest of it grows out. I'll look to weird with short hair" he said. "But I feel fine. Leena's here if I pass out"

"Should you even be here? Didn't you have surgery like a week ago?" she asked.

"Two weeks" he said. "but I'll be back in school on Monday. I already warned Leena and the guys of the risks"

"What risks?"

"I could have a seizure and die, start bleeding and die, have a stroke and die" Joe listed out. "I'm not really afraid of death anymore"

"I can imagine" Mac chuckled. "Well, take care" Mac hugged Joe which was weird for all of them. Yes, they've become close over these months, but a hug? You never see Mackenzie hugging others or being kind.

Mac walked away. "I like this new Mac" Joe said. "She's pretty attractive" Leena giggled.

"She's only attractive now?"

"Well she's always been pretty, but she's nice...which makes her more pretty"

"Ok then, maybe she'll fuck you out of sympathy" they both smiled.

"As soon as my hair grows out, I'm so going on a fucking spree" Joe said. "Fathers need to hide their daughters, hide their wives, cause I'm fucking everyone out here" Leena laughed.

"If you want an easy fuck, the freshman are always willing"

"If I wasn't worried about contracting herpes and dying I totally would" Joe said. "You think Brook will hook up with me again?"

"Have you ever told Evan that you hooked up with her two weeks after they broke up?" Leena asked.

"Should I?" he asked. "He won't have the balls to punch a guy who just had brain surgery..."

"Don't put it past him" Leena joked. "He's still trying to get back together with her"

"Well I need a new girl to hook up with" Joe said. "Any suggestions?"

"Ross has Sam, Bryan has...the entire sophomore class. Just find someone in the junior class who's available" she said. Joe smiled.

"Who's Bryan trying to get with now?"

"Some sophomore named Ericka" Leena said. "She's a cheerleader. I think they're hanging out after the game so we're having bro's night without him"

"Is he trying to fuck his way through the sophomore class or something?"

"I wouldn't put it past him" Leena said. "I don't think he'll be in a stable relationship for a while"

"I agree"

"Question. That fuck-journal you guys have. Why does it exist?"

"Because we were bored" Joe said. "Simple. Originally Bryan just wanted to talk about losing his virginity but we didn't want to hear it anymore. So we all wrote down losing our virginities, but with Ross and Sean it was a little longer before it happened. So Bryan and I just ended up writing about any sexual activity we had" he said. "I pride myself on being the first one in our group to lose the v-card...now I can't get laid"

"Stop it, you're hot" Leena said. "And there's an awesome girl in this school waiting for you to say hi to her" Joe blushed. "So help me god. You all need relationships. However, I can't stand any of the girls you guys choose"

"You never say anything" Joe said. "Sohee, Vanessa, Holly, Shannon..."

"Sohee's a slut" Leena said. "But she was your first girlfriend so I let you realize that. Then Vanessa was also a slut, but she's a bitchy slut" she continued. "Holly was nice, but too nice and sweet for Ross and obviously she figured that out the first time around. Shannon...did they really even date?"

"I don't think so, I think Ross bailed on her for Holly"

"Ok, well she was a bitch...not slutty, but still a bitch"

"It's weird, but sometimes I want to sing that Ray J song, I hit it first" Leena laughed. "Cause I fucked Sohee first, but Bryan still went for it..."

"What the fuck did you see in that girl?" Leena asked. "She cheated on both of you..." Joe shrugged.

"I'm over it" he said. "But I hit it first" they laughed together.

...

Meaghan scrolled through her facebook feed, sighing at each status about missing relationships and being heart broken. Girls her age were so thirsty.

She found a recent status by Bryan. It read:

Bryan J. Matthews: We won the game 27-18! Great last game! now i'm hanging out with my girl Ericka Keller'

"WHAT!" Meaghan screamed. Her mom walked into her room a few minutes later.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Everything's just dandy" Meaghan said. She immediately unfriended Ericka.

...

After the game Leena returned home. "LEE-LEES HOME!" her older brother Josh exclaimed. She smiled. All her older brothers were out of college and they spent more time at the house. Her brother Josh lived with them after graduating from NYU.
"Yes, I'm home" she jumped onto the couch between Josh and Pierce. "What's up?"

"Nothing much" Callum said. "Just kicking your bros asses in GTA 5" he said.

"You're a cop" Leena said. "And you approve of this shit?"

"No, but it's fun" Leena smiled. "Oh and mom said you got a letter from a college" Leena jumped off the couch and ran into the kitchen.

"Hey, Leena, how was school!" her mom started. Leena didn't answer, she rumaged through the mail on the counter. "Ok, don't say hi" she said. "Your letter from Northeastern is right here" she handed Leena the envelope. Leena smiled, she tore the envelope opened and pulled out the letter. Her mom smiled at her excitement.

Leena's expression went from pure happiness to sadness. Leena looked down at the ground, then the paper. In a furious rage she tore the letter apart, threw it in the trash then ran upstairs.

"Leena!" her mother called.

"What's wrong with her?" Pierce asked.