Status: from Nano Wrimo 2013

High School Has Its Perks

Stephen

Kara saw Stephen right across the room from him. They were making eye contact for quite a long time.

"Just go talk to him!" Haley exclaimed. "You've been staring at each other forever!"

"I'm nervous" Kara said.

"You're not breaking up with him" Carly said. She took a sip of a drink a boy gave her. "Just tell him you don't want to deal for him. He'll find someone else" Kara nodded.

She started to walk towards him but chickened out and stayed by Carly and Haley. "I swear to god if you don't end this I'm going to call the cops!" Haley said. "And you do not want your boyfriend to find out that you narked on him"

"Fine!" Kara marched across the room. Stephen was sitting in his living room with his friends while the other kids from their school got beyond wasted. "Hey" she sat on his lap. "What's up?"

"Nothing much" he said. "We've been looking at each other for a while, thought you'd never come over" Kara blushed.

"Sorry"

"No, what's on your mind?"

"I have to stop the holding the...product" she said quietly. "it's too much for me and I'm getting in too much trouble. But I want to stay together of course" Stephen kissed her gently.

"No problem sweetheart" she blushed again. "Hey Tommy, get Kara and her friends some drinks" a friend of his stood up and left. "Bring Carly and Haley over here" Kara smiled.

...

Leena and Brook left their long and tiring shift on Black Friday night. "I can't wait to sleep" Brook said. "And eat"

"Surprisingly there's no time to eat when we're in a store full of food" Leena said. They waited in front of the store. "Joe's picking us up for bros night, wanna join?"

"What do you guys do on bros night?"

"Smoke, drink and talk" she said. "Pretty straight forward"

"Awesome, is eating involved?"

"Duh, we always go to McDanks" she said. Joe's car pulled in front of the store. He honked twice.

"Get in losers we're going shopping!" Bryan screamed out the window. The girls got in the back of Joe's mini-van. They drove around their country screaming at people walking on the streets and of course they stopped at McDonalds, it's a tradition.

"So I told my mom a year ago that I never wanted to get married or have kids. She asked me if I changed my mind. I'm pretty consistent on never getting married, but kids? maybe"

"Yeah getting married seems like a bore" Bryan said. "But I definitely want kids. I want kids with Emma Holm because our kids would look like blonde hair, blue eyed goddesses" he said.

"I don't want either" Leena said. "Getting married means commitment and having kids means a lifetime of commitments" she said. "Kids are cool but I'd rather not push anything out of my vagina"

"Ok" Ross said. "Over the summer you said you didn't want anything in your vagina that didn't belong there...well a baby technically belongs there..."

"Well I don't want one" she said. "Who cares if it belongs there, maybe I don't want it there"

"If the girl doesn't want to push an eight pound baby out of her vagina don't pressure her too!" Brook said. "I'd rather adopt, cause then it saves us the trouble"

"I can do that" Leena said. "Adopting is easier. They have to be like voer the age of 10 though"

Ross kept looking down at his phone. "Guys I found a party" he said. "Wanna go?"

"Where is it?" Joe pulled the car into drive and started to back the car out of the parking spot they were in.

"52 Pine Street" Ross said. "Wait, Leena, isn't that your neighborhood?"

"Yeah, it's in my area" she said. "52 Pine street?" she asked herself. "I'm not sure who lives there. I know Vanessa lives in my area"

"No she lives on 103 Pine" Bryan said.

"Maybe Rory?" Leena asked. "She's the only person I can think of"

"Then it has to be Stephen!" Ross said. "Damn...should we go?"

"Our constitution says we shall never miss out on an awesome party" Sean said. "I say we go"

"Me too" Joe said. "It won't be bad, we'll leave if it's sketchy" Joe drove all of five minutes to their destination. On the way they passed Dakota's house. It didn't look the same. When they had bro's nights before they would drive passed his house and scream, but there was nobody to scream to.

They got to 52 Pine Street and parked across the street. Not many cars were parked around the house. They walked up to the front door and the door was unlocked. They walked in and gasped. It looked like everyone was drunk or on drugs, or both.

"Oh my god" Ross said. "This is my kind of party!" he was like a little boy in a candy store. He ran off to do his own thing.

"Uhh..." Brook mumbled. "Should we leave?"

"I want to" Leena said. "This is sketchy" Leena, Bryan and Brook waited by the door. Joe and Ross went off to explore the party.

"Oh my god is that Mackenzie?" Bryan asked. She pointed to a blonde haired girl laughing on the ground.

"That is Mac!" Leena ran over to her. "Are you ok?" Mac kept giggling. She was clearly intoxicated. She helped Mac to her feet and the two walked over to the door. Bryan took over and picked Mac up bridal style to carry her outside.

"What was she on?" Brook asked. Leena shrugged. "Why would she even be here anyways?"

"I think she lives down the street" Leena said. "Spot anyone else who's overly intoxicated?"

"I'll look upstairs" Brook left. Leena went outside to Joe's car. Bryan put Mac down in the backseat and then he got into the passenger seat. Leena climbed in to the drivers seat.

"She passed out" Bryan said. "I'm thinking she's high, drunk and maybe on a mystery drug" he said. "But don't quote me on that" she reclined the seat as far back as it would go. "You know what I was talking with Ross about earlier?" he asked.

"No, I can't read minds"

"A year ago you wouldn't have given a shit if we took Mac out of this party" he said. "it just shows how compassionate you've gotten." he said. "I remember during gym class last year I literally had to force you into caring about the dumb game of soccer we were playing because we couldn't work as a team" he said. "You and Karo were pretending that you were hard core thugs or something" Leena chuckled. "And now look at you, you still have that thug persona but you're sweet and you genuinely care about others"

"Do you want me to go back to being bitchy-Leena?" she asked.

"No"

"Then stop talking about it!"

"Fine"

Joe, Sean, Ross and Brook got into the back of the car. "We should probably go now!" Ross exclaimed in a hurry. Joe tossed Leena the keys.

"Why?" she asked.

"I may or may not have stolen a shit ton of weed!" a few guys ran out of the house screaming at their car. "Hit it!" Leena drove off in a hurry. At first it was very suspenseful, but they laughed about it as they got in the clear.