Sequel: Drink a Beer

Do I?

Four

Sid's POV
I drove back to my hotel disappointed. I should've known that she wasn't going to forgive me that easy. I sighed and went into my room and lied down on my be and cried my self to sleep.

Rachael's POV
I walk to the tour bus with tears in my eyes and went straight to my bunk and pulled the covers over my head and cried myself to sleep. Luke didn't bother me because he knew no matter what he said it wouldn't make me feel better. I woke up the next morning and didn't talk much at all. Luke was really worried about me and I could tell just by his eyes. I spent the next month moping around and plastered a fake smile on my face. I wanted to move on from Sidney but I couldn't. The tour ended and I made my way back to Max's house in Philly and went up to my room and looked through Sidney's and I's wedding pictures. We were so happy, but I guess our careers go in the way of our relationship and that caused him to cheat. Maybe this was my fault after all. I sighed and went back downstairs to get food and opened the fridge to see almost nothing in there.

"Really Max?!" I yelled into the empty house since Max was back in Montreal with my aunt and uncle. I grabbed my keys off the counter an drove to the grocery store and I was swarmed with paparazzi screaming, "Rachael! Are you and Sidney splitting?!?!?" I just ignored them and walked into the store hurried up and checked out. I pulled into Max's driveway and noticed that he was just getting home from Montreal.

"Hi Max." I said with a fake smile.

"What's wrong?" He asked seeing right through me. I explained what happened on tour to him and he listened to me like he always did.

"Well on a positive note, do you wanna come to my first game?" He asked.

"Who do you play?" I asked

"Uh it doesn't matter." He said nervously

"Penguins?" I asked

"Maybe." He said while looking to the left.

"I'll go but only because you're you." I said with a real smile.

"Now that's the Rachael I like to see" he said with a big grin on his face.
------------------------------------------
Two weeks later

Tonight was the flyers home opener and the first time that I'll see Sidney since San Diego. I got ready and I rode with Max to the arena and Max somehow got me a spot on the bench with all the guys. My felt my stomach churn but I didn't quite know why but I had this bad feeling about tonight. I sat down on the end of the bench and waited for the game to start. The game had started and Sidney wasn't playing well at all. We were about 10 minutes into the first period and Claude's skate went across Sidney's neck and a blood curtailing scream silenced the whole arena. Sidney was lying on the ice with a slash across his neck from Claude's skate.

"SIDNEY!!!!!" I screamed and grabbed a towel and rushed out on the ice to but pressure onto his bleeding neck. "Sidney, please stay with me." I said with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and paramedics rushed onto the ice.

"It's okay Sid I forgive you." I said sobbing

"I love you." He said with the amber color fading in his eyes.

"Please don't leave." I sobbed

"I'll never leave I'll always be right here." He said and weakly touched his heart.

"I love you so much Sidney."

"I love you too. And I should have never done what I did." He said and his eyes closed.

"SIDNEY!!!!!" I screamed and the loaded him in the ambulance. They then rushed him to the hospital. I ran back into the arena and grabbed Max's keys out of his stall in the locker room and ran back out to the car and sped to the hospital. As soon as I got there I got a call from his parents.

"Is he okay????" His mom asked and I could clearly tell she was sobbing.

"I'm not sure but I'll call as soon as I know anything okay Trina? We can get through this I promise." I said to her through my own tears.

"Okay sweetie stay strong." She said and hung up. I then broke out into pure sobbing. I never cried this much in my life before. I already lost my parents and my brother and I didn't want to lose Sidney. He's the love of my life and I don't think my life could go on without him. They had been in surgery for five hours when the doctor came out.

"I take it you're here for Sidney?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Well he made it through surgery but he's in very critical condition. He's not awake yet but you can go see him." The doctor said and got up and lead me to Sid's room. I walked in his room and Sid looked like a ghost. His skin was the palest that I've ever seen it and he had gauze over the spot where they operated on. I pulled the chair beside his bed and sat down playing with his large fingers while tears were still rolling down my cheeks.

"Please be okay." I said quietly.

A few minutes later I stepped outside his room to call his mom and tell her the news. I was walking out to the cafeteria to get something to drink and I walked through the door of the waiting room to see all the Flyers and Penguins players eyes on me.

"How is he?" Max asked

"He's in very critical condition and he hasn't woken up yet. They just got done with surgery." I said with teary eyes.

"This is all my fault." Claude said shaking his head.

"It was an accident Claude. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know that your skate was going to go like that and neither did Sidney." I said and gave him a hug.

"But it was MY skate. It was MY leg. I could have avoided it." He said with guilt all over his face.

"Claude there's no way that you could've avoided it." I said and he went silent. I decided not to get a drink but instead go back with Sidney. I walked back in and I heard his heart monitor start to slow down. I ran out And got the doctor and they pushed me out into the waiting room.

"What wrong?!?" Geno asked with panic in his voice.

"His heart rate was slowing down" I sobbed.

We were all silent and about ten minutes later the doctor came out.

"Rachael can I see you?" He asked an I shook my head. We sat down in the chairs in front if Sid's room.

"I'm very sorry but he didn't make it." He said and I burst into tears. "You can go I. And see him for the last time." The doctor said and I went into Sid's room.

"Why did you leave?" I asked him through my tears and touched his cold cheek. "We were going to have a family together and be happy. We were going to have my two boys and your little girl someday but I guess that's never going to happen now. Like you said on the ice you'll always be in here." I said and kissed his forehead and left. I walked out into the waiting room and looked at everyone there and said, "He's gone."
♠ ♠ ♠
:( the story's not over yet