Give Me Something Worth Living For

[05]

Image

"Dawn, what the hell are you doing?"

"Being an idiot," I replied while stuffing the lighter in my jean pocket.

"No seriously, I don't want you burning yourself to death or something. Since the gathering I don't trust you with fire anymore," Lillith slowly said while cautiously taking a step towards me.

"Quit acting like I'm a maniac," I snapped.

"Yah," Victoria agreed. "Or else she might set your face on fire," she started laughing while looking up from the book she was reading.

I smirked, "Or I might just do this."

Before Victoria could ask what I was doing her book was on fire. "Ahh!" she screamed while throwing it on the ground and stepping on it, putting the fire out. "Dawn! That wasn't necessary!"

I was now on the floor laughing, "But it was sure as hell funny!"

I could hear Lillith also laughing, "Yah, she's right Vic. You, you should have seen your face."

Soon all three of us were on the floor laughing, but then Rose and Aurelia walked in. "Um, did you guys take drugs?" Rose asked.

"Or did Dawn give you helium again?" Aurelia then asked.

I then started laughing harder at the memory, "That was fun!"

A loud knock at the door could be heard, "Dawn! Open up!"

I got up and walked up to the door. Opening it, it revealed Arturo, who quickly busted into the house and slammed the door behind him.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"A hunter, was chasing me and… oh man I need to work out." He took in a few deep breathes while laughing and started talking again, "Did you kill any of those hunters the night of the gathering?"

"Yes."

He ran his hand through his hair, "The man you killed-"

"It was Troy! He started taunting me, talking about my past!" I admitted. Then Arturo's face softened into one of sympathy.

"Oh, oh my. I'm sorry about that Dawn. But you need to know, his brother is coming after you. He's outside."

"Look, you guys stay here. If I need help I'll call for it." I listened to the sounds of the hunter that was coming after me then sighed, "I know who he is." Without another word I opened the door and stepped into the darkness of the night. I jumped off the steps and took a few steps forward. Lightning flashed in the sky, revealing a figure a few feet in front of me. Even though I already knew he was there. He charged forward and I slightly leaned to the side, so he went right by me. "Are you trying to get yourself killed Damon?"

"How do you know my name?" he snapped.

I groaned, "Look at my face, recognize me?"

Lightning flashed once again, making it even brighter then the lights were making it. "Oh my god! You… who I still don't know the name of. Where is Dawn? I have something to settle…"

"You're looking at her."

"What?!? Did you kill my brother!?" he screamed.

I sighed, "Yes."

Damon ran to attack me once again but I easily moved out of the way. He did that over and over again until he decided to start punching me. I immediately grabbed his hands and held them at his sides while turning him around. "Calm down," I whispered.

"How could you kill my brother? What did he ever do to you?" he sobbed. "You vampire whore! What the hell is-"

I pushed him up against the wall, "How did you find out I killed him?"

"My parents," he snapped. "I finally dug it out of them, and they told me a vampire killed him. They then started talking about how he was in an organization to kill vampires. I immediately found the hunters and they pointed me in the direction of you!" he yelled.

"You don't even know who your brother is! You don't know what he did!" I yelled at him.

"Whatever he did to you, it was a good thing," he spat.

I threw him to the ground as tears ran down my face. "Really? Was raping my mother in front of me a good thing!" I screamed

"You're lying-"

"Was then killing her in front of me a good thing! Was him raping me a good thing! Was him getting his stupid hunter friends help him kill my father a good thing you bastard!" I screamed while sobbing at the same time.

"I-I don’t believe you," he whispered.

"Why would I lie about something like that!" I screamed while slamming my hand against the house, forming a small hole. "How much did you even see your brother! How much do you know about him!"

Damon looked down at the ground, "I, I see him once a year. I hardly know him…" he whispered, hating the words coming out of his mouth.

"You're so dumb! You didn't even listen to anyone about me, or the other vampires or what happened! You could have gotten yourself killed!" I took in a deep breath. "So are you done with your stupid revenge thing? Can I trust you not to try and kill anyone?" I snapped.

He slowly nodded his head, "You can trust me."

As I've said before I don't trust easily. But looking into his brown eyes, all I could see was truth coming out of them. For some reason I couldn't not believe him. It was like I was hypnotized by him, just starring into his eyes as he did to me. "You, you can't go home Damon."

"Why not?" he asked. And for some reason it didn't seem like he cared much.

"You know how to get to where I live, and even though right now I trust you not to try and kill me. I can't trust you to not go and tell everyone of this experience. Especially that thing I just busted about from my past, only few know about that."

"So, I just.. stay here then?" he asked.

"You know you don't seem like you want to go home much," I pointed out.

"Because I don't. Seriously, I have no friends. No job. All I had was my family, and to find out they've been lying to me. I don't even want to go home. I'm sure they won't call the cops," he spat like he hated his life.

"Just come inside with me."

He hesitantly got up, "Your friends won't kill me will they. They're not going to drink my blood or something right?"

"Number one only one vampire in my clan drinks human blood so don't have a spazz with all of them. And number two I'm the leader, if I tell them not to kill you then they won't." I opened the door and pushed Damon inside. I then followed him and shut the door behind me. Damon was inching closer to the wall, thinking that might slight protect him. I could now see the whole clan was in this room. "This is Damon. I met him a few days ago, don't ask about all that stuff that just went on outside. But he's not planning on killing us, like he could. Oh no offence Damon."

He gulped and nodded his head. "No-none taken," he squeaked.

Valerie laughed, "Well he's sure afraid."

"Dawn is this the guy you were talking to the other night. The one I teased you about?" Rose asked.

I then laughed, "Yah this is him. Damon this is Rose, Valerie, Lillith, Victoria, Grace, Aurelia, and that man over there is Arturo." Each vampire nodded to him as I said their name. Aurelia hissed at Damon making him jump ten feet. She snickered and walked away, mumbling something about stupid humans. "Sorry about her." I rocked on my feet, "Ok guys, we have a problem."

"Which is?" Lillith asked.

"Damon has to stay here, because of, well it should be obvious." They all nodded. "So none of you have a problem with this?" I asked.

"Nope, you know some of us were humans before. It's not like we hate them or something. As long as he doesn't plan on giving us away," Grace explained.

"Do you trust him Dawn?" Victoria asked.

I turned my head and looked back at Damon, who now looked more comfortable then before. "For, for some reason, I do. I don't know why, but I do," I responded.

"Well if Dawn trusts him I trust him," Grace said. "Like really, you hardly trust anyone."

Arturo grabbed me to the side, "Dawn I trust your judgment. And I'm glad you didn't act like any other vampire and just killed him. But if something happens-"

I cut him off, "Nothing will happen. I'm sure. I just wish I knew why I trust him so much," I mumbled while gazing in Damon's direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you FALLOUTGURLS from quizilla for the banner!