Autumn Moon

Chapter Two

Because of my freak accident Granny put me under house arrest. Not that I blame her. After what happened to me I was seriously shaken up to the point that I didn't care that I missed my friends' first shift. At first Jenny was yelling at me over the phone on how she couldn’t believe that I didn’t show up, but after I explained what happened she was shocked. Jenny couldn’t believe that I disappeared from my room and ended up in the woods. Though she didn’t stay on that subject for long.

No, she was interested in the male wolf I met.

All she could talk about was how interesting it was for a male wolf to find me, and on how lucky I was to wake up sleeping next to him. Then she went on about how that wolf could be my mate.

As if I’d have a mate…or could I?

I mean I’ve read all about weres that have been abandoned by their wolves and besides not being able to sense their wolves, they can’t sense their mates. Research, and by research I mean emails between me and other abandon weres, say that I can have a mate. Though apparently I have a better chance of mating with a human. Not that I have a problem about ending up with a human, but every were hopes to find their mate. I’m no different. When I was 10 years old I had already dubbed my mate would be really tall, an awesome fighter, funny, and kind only to me.

Even at ten I had standards.

I still have those standards, but that’s if I end up with a were. If I were talking about standards for a human I think it would be kind, a hard worker, funny, smart, and tall. I guess it’s not that different from the standards I originally have. Either way I want someone tall, kind, and funny.

Also a good provider.

Female were or human, girls always want a good provider. Not a lazy bum.

In the were community it’s an instinct that the males have to want to be the provider. Being able to provide for their mate ties right in with their pride as a male, eh, men.

Rolling over on the couch I listened to Granny bustle around the kitchen, something sweet blowing in the air. “What are you making Granny?”

“Come and see,” she called and got up from my spot and walked into the kitchen. As I approached her I noticed what looked like lemon squares on the counter. I reached for one and she quickly slapped my hand, “those are not for you.”

I looked up at her as I rubbed my throbbing hand, “who are they for?”

“Jackson,” she said as she put the sweets into a blue Tupperware. “These are specially made for him.”

The way she said it made me suspicious of the goodies, “why?”

“It’s an old recipe from my mother’s side.” She put the lid on the container and looked at me, “when you’re on the day of your first shift you eat these during the day so your transition won’t feel so bad at night.” She gave me a smile.

I smiled back, “well aren’t you crafty.” We both laughed when a howl came from our yard. I looked out the kitchen window and saw two identical reddish brown wolves prancing around the yard. “I’ll be back,” I quickly said and ran to the door leading to the back. Putting on my sweatshirt I walked outside to see on wolf tackle the other –playfully. Walking into the yard the two wolves turned to me, one with its tongue lolling out, and yipped happily. “Jenny? Billy?”

One of the wolves ran back into the forest and after a few minutes Jenny came running out, clothed, and full on tackled me. I stumbled back a bit as she laughed in my left ear. “Scarlet!”

“Jen!” I said loudly mocking her.

She moved off me, “I haven’t seen you this whole week. How have you been?”

I shrugged, “bored. You?”

She opened her mouth when Billy nudged her, “oh yeah, right. Billy has patrol duty, but he wanted to show you his wolf before he takes off.”

I smiled and walked up to Billy. He watched me with a wolfish grin on his face as I pet his head, “so how’s the wolf thing? Exciting?” He nodded his head, “found your mate yet?” he paused and looked me in the eyes. We stared at each other a couple of minutes and then he whined.

“Billy hasn’t been able to find his mate yet,” Jenny said from behind me. Billy kept looking at me and I could see the sadness in his eyes, “he hasn’t been able to sense her this whole week while we were in training. So since we hadn’t seen you we thought maybe you were…” she trailed off.

I gave Billy a small smile and stepped forward, wrapping my arms around his thick neck. “Thanks for checking Billy,” at least my friend took me into consideration for mates.

“Okay, okay, enough love. The patrol is calling you Billy,” Jenny said making me stepped back from the large wolf. Billy shook his fur and attempt to huff at Jenny, “get going before you get in trouble.” He gave one last look at me and then ran back into the woods. I frowned that he couldn’t stay when suddenly and arm drape over my shoulders and a body crashed beside mine, “so,” Jenny drawled, “what does one have to do to get some food?”

I looked at her and she smiled, “you aren’t a big eater.”

“Tell that to my wolf.”

I rolled my eyes and we started or way into the house. The moment we opened the door bake goods attacked our noses and Jenny bolted into the kitchen.

“Yeouch!” I heard Jenny yell and I shook my head and walked into the kitchen to find her nursing her hand. “Gram why did you hit me?”

“Paws off the lemon squares unless you want to feel sluggish.”

I giggled as I approached the counter, “they’re laced with something to ease Jackson’s pain. Apparently they help with the first shift.”

Jenny’s eyes widened, “where were these last week? I was dying!”

Granny put her hands on her hips, “excuse me, but I have been busy.” She said in a not so amused tone. Ever since my disappearance into the forest Granny had me get tested by the pack doctors to see if the incident was related to my wolf emerging. After many tests not only did they tell Granny my accident wasn’t wolf related, but when they looked into my soul they couldn’t find my wolf. What they found was a void in me where they assume my wolf once was. The news crushed Granny for the following two days, but by the third day she convinced herself that the tests were wrong and I have a wolf. Somewhere deep, deep, deep, deep inside me is my wolf just trying to figure a way out.

Granny glanced at the clock and looked shocked, “oh no, I’m going to be late.” She quickly put her baked goods in an earth friendly grocery bag and then looked at me. “Scarlet, honey, I need you girls to take this to Jackson. I have an elders meeting in ten minutes.” She walked around the counter and handed me the bag, “I know it’s crazy to send you there, especially with him being the way he is at the moment, but I really need to deliver these.”

“Granny, I’m not so sure.” I gave her a doubtful look. If Jackson’s shift is tonight then his hormones are really wild right now. Meaning Jackson is probably super annoyed, in pain, and maybe a little… horny.

Every unmated female wolf is probably trying to invade his house.

I don’t want to have to go through that kind of crowd.

I could get attacked, and that’s only on the outside of his house.

“Honey you’ll be fine.” She dug through her pocket and placed a key in my hand, “just go in, and put these in front of Jackson’s bedroom. Jackson will probably be in his room unable to move so just knock once, tell him about the squares, and leave.” That’s when she held up a finger, “under no circumstance are you to approach him. “

I nodded, “leave the sweets and then run. Got it.”

She looked at Jenny and Jenny nodded, “Do not approach the crazy wolf boy. Got it.”

“Good,” she approached us and kissed both of us on the cheek, “by quick and be safe.” And with that she squired out of the house.

I looked at Jenny as I heard the car start the pull out of the drive way. “So I’ve been meaning to ask you, did you find your mate?”

She blushed and nodded, “yeah… I did.”

I smiled and clapped, jumping in my spot. “Really?! Who is he? What’s he like?” how tall? I added in my mind.

“It’s Cameron Reeves. He’s twenty-one and one of the enforcers,” she squirmed and looked anywhere but me. “He is really buff, doesn’t show much emotion, and he’s super tall, like six-five. I tried talking to him during the training, but he just ignores me.” She looked dejected and I noticed her shoulders slouch.

I walked over to her and hit the back of her head, “well at least you have a mate.”

She looked at me, “you’ll find yours Scar.”

I shook my head, “I don’t think so Jenny.”

“What do you mean?”

“How about I tell you about it on the way to Jackson’s? I’ll ride you back and hold your clothes while I explain.” I handed her the bag with the food in it. “Just take this, go outside and put your clothes in it. When you’re done shifting bark and I’ll come out.”

She walked out with the bag leaving me in the kitchen alone. I walked around a bit, drank a peach Snapple, munched on three Oreos while drinking my Snapple when after ten minutes I heard a bark. Quickly putting away all my food I ran out of the kitchen and out of the house, not even bothering to lock the door. It’s Granny’s house, besides Jenny, Billy, Jackson and the Alphas no one would dare come in the house. I jumped off the stairs to the lawn and walked over to where Jenny was lying on the ground, bag beside her.

I picked up the bag, climb on her back, and held onto her fur, “I’m good.” She got up and started walking to the forest trying to find her center with me on her. It’s been a while since I rode on someone’s back. When I was younger I remember Alpha used to give me rides around the yard for me to have fun, Jackson was not happy with me or Alpha. “Okay so about me not having a mate…” I started telling her as she began running through the forest toward Alpha’s house. I told Jenny about the void in me where my wolf was, and then about the conversations between me and other wolf-less weres.

As I talked I couldn’t help but feel like the conversation was one-sided. Typically weres can talk to their pack members through a mind link, but I’m different. Without my wolf I can’t hear anyone speak to me through the mind link in wolf form or human form. Well, I can speak to Alpha Ronald but that’s it.

After fifteen minutes we were trotting up to the back of Alpha’s house. Immediately I smelled a bunch a girls in the area, and as we got closer I could see them.

By Moon Goddess! It is as if all the females gather for a giant meeting.

“Maybe we should stop here so you can shift,” I said while we were still in the tree line. Jenny clearly didn’t agree as she continued out of the trees into the wild crowd that is ranging female hormones.

Jenny pushed her way through the crowd and suddenly a girl snapped at Jenny, “Bitch get back!” she yelled and Jenny growled, her fangs barred in the girls face.

Suddenly a loud growl came from in front of us making both Jenny and I look forward. A light sandy, greyish wolf approached us with its fangs showing. I watched it approached when its scent hit me.

Darien Willows, Jackson’s best friend.

He stared Jenny down as he got closer and I could feel Jenny get tense under me. “Darien!” I called his name and waved my arms to get his attention away from Jenny. His head shot up to my face and his growling stopped. Slowly he moved to the side of Jenny towards me, “I brought something from Granny. She says it’s to help Jackson with his shift. Some kind of special treat,” I showed him the bag. “I need to get inside,” just when those words left my mouth the crowd went ballistic.

Someone pulled me off of Jenny.

I hit the ground with a thud; my head bounced off the ground and maybe part of someone’s shoe. I groaned at the pain and felt people pulling at the bag on my arm.

“Give it!”

“I’ll bring it to him!”

“No! I’ll take it to him!”

“I want the bag!”

Girls were shouting, pulling, and I one point I think someone was dragging me. I wanted to let go, but something told me Granny would not be pleased if these girl stole her laced sweets. Holding on for dear life I closed my eyes on reflexed while I refused to let go of the bag.

That’s when I heard a deep growl.

I stopped moving across the ground and I smelled Darien near me. Opening my eyes I felt completely dwarfed as Darien stood over me protectively growling at all the girls to get away from. A circle formed around us as he slowly moved off me so I could stand up. I got to my feet and dusted myself off all the while Darien never looked away from the crowd of girls.

“Thanks,” I said and he turned his big head to look at me. Something flicked through his eyes and then he nodded.

I started moving to the back door and Darien walked with me making sure none of the girls made another move on me. I walked onto the porch and found Jenny sitting by the grill growling at three blondes. Clearly they were challenging her, but backed down when Darien barked at them. Jenny huffed at them and then looked at me.

“I’ll leave your clothes by the door,” I told her and she nodded. I walked into the house and immediately took Jenny’s clothes out of the bag and left them on the little table beside the door. Moving through the house I walked to the stairs leading to the second floor. The moment my foot touched the first step I felt a wave hit me. A wave of some seriously messed up pheromones.

My heart started beating rapidly, I could feel my cheeks heat up, my palms began to sweat, and my skin broke out in goose bumps. Well damn, no wonder everyone is flipping out. I gulped and started walking up the stairs feeling myself get antsy with every step. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and I started repeating to myself, ‘leave the bag and run.’ I got up on the second floor and walked over to Jackson’s door. I sat the bag on the floor and knocked on the door, “Granny set you some food to help with the shift tonight.” I said quickly.

Time to run.

I swiftly turned on my heel and started heading towards the stairs when the bathroom door opened in front of me. A stronger wave of pheromones hit me as Jackson stepped into the hall and immediately his eyes went to me. My blood went cold for like a split second before it went on fire from his gaze, a clear result that his pheromones were affecting me. His light blue eyes locked on me and instantly changed to his wolf eyes. My heart started beating so fast I’d bet money he could hear it. I took a step back from him and a low growl erupted from his chest. He watched me with a predatorily stare, as if I’m some freighted rabbit furiously looking for a way out. Not that I can complain, I totally feel the rabbit analogy fits perfectly with my situation.

Except the rabbit would be eaten and I will most likely be sexually assaulted.

At least that’s what his lust filled look is telling me.

‘Under no circumstance are you to approach him.’ Granny’s words drifted through my head as Jackson smirked at me. He took one audible step towards me when suddenly I felt my back crash against a wall. I was lifted off the floor, his hands secured under my bum, my legs reflectively wrapped around his waist to prevent me from falling all while his mouth latched onto mine. I could feel my thoughts go to mush as I inhaled his alluring scent, not that I’ve ever found it alluring before, this is most definitely the first time. Normally I find him bothersome, spiteful, and completely full of himself and he finds me… I guess… annoying and troublesome.

With his pheromones sending girls crazy, and with his body changing sending him crazy I can say, matter of fact, we would never be doing this.

This, of course, meaning a very extreme -and intense- make out session.

With my mind clouded and all reason out the window I basically gave into my enemy, not willing and of sane mind. With my eyes closed I gave into my other senses letting my fingers run through his hair, his tongue explore my mouth all while he pushed closer to me. His thumb started pulling this hem of my jeans and began rubbing circles into my skin making me shiver. He must have like that reaction because I heard him purr and start grinding on me. In my insane state I returned the action and earned a moan.

Oh my Goddess! Save me! I’m on the verge of doing something stupid and I can’t stop!

Breaking apart my eyes fluttered open as I gasped for air. When I took in a much needed breath another scent fill my nose right before I landed on the floor. Jackson fell somewhere away from me and with the new distance I could feel myself coming out of the daze. My thoughts were forming as I listened to two vicious growls coming from down the hall. Rolling my head around trying to feel lucid I was tugged to my feet and steered down the stairs to the main floor.

I was lead into the bathroom and placed on the toilet. “Snap out of it!” a voice cut through the fog I was in followed by water splashing on my face.

I shook my head and narrowed my eyes at the culprit, “Jenny!”

“Finally!” she threw her arms ups, “are you thinking straight now? Or do you need another splash?”

I ran a hand through my hair, “what did I do?”

“You just had Jackson’s tongue down your throat.”

“It was a rhetorical question, Jen,” I snapped back. “I know what just happened, and I feel like jumping into a hole right now.”

“I approve of the hole,” she crossed her arms, “If Darien and I didn’t go looking for you I bet you’d be jumping in Jackson’s bed right about now.”

I could feel all the blood drain from my face, “thank you then.”

“Thank Darien, he tackled Jackson off you.” She came a little closer and scrunched up her nose. “You reek of him. Like a horny wolf.”

I sniffed my shirt and made a gross face, “Ew… you’re right. If I try leaving like this those girls out there will rip me apart.” I covered my face with my hands, “I’m so embarrassed Jenny. How could this happen.”

“Why did you go near him?”

I looked up at her, “I didn’t. I was leaving and he came out of the bathroom and caught me.” She looked mad, “then my brain went to mush.”

“It’s because the shift is tonight that he’s willing to hump anything.”

I rolled my eyes, “well thanks.”

“You know I didn’t mean it like that, but then it doesn’t matter. He’s a douche neither of us likes,” she waved her hand. “The act is over and done with. The problem now is how are we going to get you out of here smelling like Jackson.”

“First thing’s first,” I quickly got up and looked for the mouthwash. After finding it under the sink I took as much as I could in my mouth and swished it around. Without a doubt I need to get Jackson’s germs out of my mouth or I know I’ll vomit.

My eyes began to water with the burning sensation in my mouth, “That’s right. Kill the bacteria,” Jenny said when I knock came from the door. I looked at her as she opened it revealing Darien.

“She okay?” he asked.

“She’s rinsing her mouth with some Listerine.”

Darien looked at me and I gave a small wave before leaning over and spitting in the sink. Capping the mouthwash I put it back under the sink, “Are you okay Scarlet?” Darien asked.

“Not really,” I blushed as he stared at me. Darien is a good looking guy and that’s putting it modestly. If he were to walk around a human neighborhood girls’ necks would snap at how quick they’d turn to look at him. I looked at him and accidently locked gazes. I could feel my blush grow deeper as I watched his green eyes softened, “I- I just want to go home.”

“Well you can’t go out the way you are,” he looked me over. “You smell.”

I nodded when Jenny snapped her fingers, “I got it. Darien give Scarlet your shirt,” Jenny point at me as she looked at him. “Then go outside and shift into your wolf. I’ll take up your guarding post outside and you give Scar a ride home.”

“Jenny,” I hissed at her and she looked at me.

“Do you have a better idea?” she snapped. “We need to get rid of Jackson’s scent and what better way than replacing it with another.”

I glanced at Darien for a split second before concentrating on Jenny. “I can’t have him put his scent on me. That’s completely insensitive to him and his mate,” I hissed at her.

“I don’t have a mate,” Darien cut in making me look at him. “Besides I have no problem helping you,” before I could say anything he stripped himself of his shirt. My eyes briefly fell on his abs, “But if I’m going wolf you’re going to have to carry my pants.” I looked at him and noticed he was handing me his grey shirt.

“O-okay,” damn my stutter.

Darien smiled as I took his shirt, “Alright. Meet me in the back in two minutes.” Not trusting my voice I nodded and he walked out.

Once he was out of ear shot Jenny looked at me with a cheeky grin, “Don’t look at me like that.”

“Like what?” she mocked. “Like how you completely fumbled talking to Darien just now.”

“Shut up.”

“Someone’s little crush is getting obvious,” she poked my side.

I grumbled at her and pulled my shirt over my head. “I hate you right now,” I threw my shirt at her head but she dodged.

“You know you love me,” she laughed as I pulled Darien’s shirt on. Immediately my nose was filled with his fresh pine and minty scent. “Enjoying the shirt?”

“It’s weird wearing a guy’s shirt,” I pulled at the ends feeling small in the t-shirt.

“Let’s get going,” she then tugged me out of the bathroom.

ᶲ ᶲ


The day moved too fast for my liking and before I knew it the sun fell and the sky was black velvet. The entire pack gathered in the clearing that’s a five minute walk from Alphas house. Behind me I listened to the waterfall crash into the lake while Granny stood beside me. The lake had some tall rocks around and the Alpha family used these rocks like platforms. Everyone could see the Alphas and the Alphas could see everyone, a win –win situation. Alpha Ronald refused to let me watch Jackson’s shift from within the crowd, to him I was the daughter he never had and so he made me stand on the high rock with the family.

I shifted foot to foot feeling a little anxious standing up with the family. Granted I do think of Alpha Ronald and Luna Lisa as family, no doubt about it, but I just don’t like the attention they receive. Wait, that sounds wrong. How do I say this…? I love them, and I’m happy they want the pack to understand I’m part of their family, but I’m not one to feel comfortable standing in the spot light.

I don’t know why I don’t like it, I just know I don’t. From what I understand it’s normal for some people not to like attention, or being the center of attention. It’s just when it comes to me I don’t feel the normal nervousness or anxiety. I feel threaten as if the moment I turn my back someone is going to claw for my throat.

This feeling isn’t normal.

Then again I don’t think I’m normal to begin with.

Looking down at the pack I watched as everyone talked, some couples acting affectionate, and somewhere I can hear an argument. The wind picked up and I shivered making me pull at the sleeves of my red sweatshirt. After I started living with Granny she made a point to buy me as much red clothing as possible. Red sweater, jackets, sweatshirts, hoodie, hats… half my wardrobe is different shades of red.

Though my favorite is the red college sweatshirt I’m wearing. Since I’m different I’ve been looking into human colleges. If I go to college I have less of a chance suddenly shifting into wolf form cause someone ticked me off.

Currently my college of choice is University of Cincinnati.

Granny isn’t too thrilled with the idea of me leaving the pack to go to college and frankly Alpha Ronald agrees with her. Alpha Ronald’s reason is because there are too many wild boys hanging around, as if the boys around here aren’t wild, note the sarcasm. Though despite the answers Granny and Alpha Ronald gave me, Luna Lisa is full on board with me going away for school. She taught me everything she could and feels I am trustworthy enough to take on the life of college.

She even bought me sweatshirt I’m wearing. At first Alpha Ronald was furious at her, but apparently mates can’t stay mad at each other for long. After the silent treatment he cracked after three days and made a promise with me that if I still wanted to go to college when I’m nineteen he’d take me to go visit a few campuses. Luna Lisa couldn’t stop smiling at how wrapped around he is.

The wind whipped my hair around and I scowled at how my brown hair fell over my face. I pulled my hood up over my head in attempt to stay warm. On a chilly night such as this I envy everyone that has a wolf. Their wolves’ keep them warm so they don’t need a sweater or sweatshirt unlike me. I can run fast, see far, and identify scents but I can’t stay warm like everyone else. Or shift, but right now I’d like to be warm.

“Something tells me you’ve been hanging around my beta’s son,” Alpha Ronald said beside me making me jump. I was too wrapped up in thoughts to realize he had walked up to me.

“A-Alpha,” I stuttered, mostly due to my surprise the other due to the chill in the air.

“So…” he looked down at me with an amused gleam in his eyes. “Do you want to explain to me why you smell like Darien?” I blanched as I looked at Alpha Ronald, “Don’t look so worried Scarlet. I’m not going to attack the poor boy.”

“But when I came home smelling like that other wolf you got mad,” I pointed out and he waved a hand.

“That’s different; this is Darien we’re talking about.” He smiled like he knew something, “so answer the question.”

My fingers started playing with the ends of my sleeves, “he helped me get home after I dropped some stuff at your house for Granny. I rode on his back when he took me home,” I said sheepishly.

Alpha Ronald hummed and I watched as his brown eyes darted over the crowd, “he’s a fine young lad.” I nodded unconsciously, “I heard the news from Doctor Norman and I’m so sorry sweetheart.” He frowned as he looked to me. “Mom said you’ve been researching and contacting other abandoned weres. Quite frankly I’ve been researching as well.”

“You have?”

He nodded, “It all makes sense now, but don’t worry. Lisa and I won’t treat you differently. You are an important member of this pack.”

“Thank you,” I said rocking on my heels, “so what have you’ve found out?”

He hummed again and looked back at the crowd, “that you may have a mate, but just can’t sense them.”

“I read that I have a better chance ending up with a human,” I looked down at the pack and found Darien chatting away with Carol. He laughed at something and then turned around catching my gaze.

A hearty laugh erupted next to me making me jump and looked at Alpha Ronald, “by the looks of things I highly doubt it.”

I blushed and tugged on the strings of my hood, “Alpha,” I whined.

“Ronald,” Luna Lisa’s voice silenced Alpha’s laughing. “It’s time.”

“Right,” he said – his voice all business now – making me look up. Alpha Ronald approached the edge of the rock and looked down somewhere.

“Attention! Alpha is about to speak!” Jarvis, his beta yelled.

I stood on the left on Alpha Ronald while Luna Lisa stood on his right. Everyone had their eyes on us and I couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable. “Calm yourself Scarlet,” Granny said as she place her hand on my shoulder. “Calm yourself.”

I took in a deep breath and slowly found my center, “thank you Granny,” I whispered.

“Clear the center,” Alpha said and immediately everyone created a circle, “Jackson.” That’s all Jackson needed to hear for him to go to the middle of the circle. Jackson wore nothing as he fell to his knees and looked up to us. When his eyes fell on me he scowled, but no one really paid mind to it. Right after he shot me a dirty look he started screaming and fell forward.

The light from the moon allowed me to see his stages of the shift clearly. With his head down I couldn’t see his face, but it didn’t matter much. My eyes were glued to his back. Jackson’s spine raised out of place, pushing against his skin to the point I could identify his vertebrae. Jackson screamed at the pain and I cringed when his tail bone ripped from his skin. It slowly wagged in the air as his hips pops out of place and rolled around.

“For survival Scarlet”, a deep voice told me. “Do it for survival rose bud.” I looked up only seeing half a face. Stumble covered a well-defined chin, “I know it hurts.”

Jackson screamed looking up to the rock. His face was being contorted by the shift, his fangs protruding from his human mouth.

I whimpered feeling like on the verge of death. My body felt broken and all I wanted to do was curl into a ball. “Don’t curl, Scarlet, don’t do it,” the voice sounded panicky. “Scarlet stop, your heart. “ I felt a hand try to straighten me, “Scarlet you’re hurting yourself.”

My heart was beating fast, my head began aching, and I couldn’t help but feel like I just ran a marathon. I looked around at the pack and then back at Jackson. He clawed at the dirt looking half human and half naked dog. A loud crack echoed in the clearing and Jackson screamed while toppling to his side.

“What’s he doing?” Granny gasped beside me. “Ronald, something’s wrong,” she sounded worried.

“His ribs aren’t aligning right,” Alpha Ronald said softly.

“Scarlet!” the voice yelled at me.

Crack.

A surge of pain shot through me and I screamed.


Quickly I hopped off the rock to the ones below and jumped into the crowd. Fighting my way to the center of the circle I pushed through everyone before stumbling before Jackson. He was curled into a ball, but nonetheless growled at me when I ran to him. Ignoring his growl I pushed his half formed body so he was on his hind legs and his front paws flat against the ground. His hairless wolf face snarled inches away from mine.

Moving back a bit I grabbed onto his front paws, “Shut up I’m trying to help,” I snapped at him and gave a hard pull. A loud crack erupted from his center and I watched as his chest puffed out looking perfectly in place. Jackson howled in pain as I released his paws and took a step back. Quickly everything finally popped properly in place and fur quickly sprouted across his body.

In seconds a large black wolf stood before me in mint condition and a small smile wanted to tug its way onto my face. I wanted to smile, but Jackson’s growl made me think twice.

“Jackson!” Alpha Ronald’s voice got our attention as he came out from the crowd. Alpha Ronald approached him, “sit. I want to check you.” Reluctantly Jackson listened and sat on the dirt while Alpha Ronald checked Jackson’s chest. He ran a hand over Jackson for a few minutes before standing up, “A successful shift,” Alpha smiled and everyone cheered.

I smiled this time and began walking away, ‘we need to talk later,’ I heard Alpha say in my head.

‘Yes, Alpha,’ I replied as Carol entered the circle running to Jackson. I passed her and slowly made my way towards the high rocks. After clearing though the pack members I hopped my way up the rocks and sat down by Granny’s feet. Luna Lisa had descended by the time I returned to Granny’s side and was now beside Jackson.

“What did you do, Scarlet?” Granny asked.

“I don’t know,” I honestly told her. I watched as Carol stared at Jackson probably searching for the mate bond in each other’s eyes.

I let my left leg dangle off the edge of the rock while I lifted my right leg and hugged it. “Did you know what was happening to Jackson?”

“Yes,” I said looking at the person in question. “He was going to die Granny.”

She gasped, “And what makes you think that?”

I turned to look at her as the images from before replayed in my head. “I don’t know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend
&
Watch this video I made and hey why you’re at it subscribe to my Youtube channel :)
Much love