Sequel: Dizzy Hurricane
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is in progress ♥

Just for a Moment

Anywhere but Here

This past summer was so relaxing. I didn't realize how much I missed my family until I got home and broke down into tears when my parents hugged me. I mean, the stress from school did have a lot to do with it. I got so touched when I saw my brother's faces filled with excitement when I got home, it made coming home worth it. For the past two months, I was able to get all my brothers a gift, take the little one and his friends out the zoo, and my parents shopping. I had saved a lot of money from my job at Jamba Juice. The most I would've spent my money on is food, but MJ Academy supplied us with 24/7 access to free food, so I didn't need to buy any. I gave any left over money to the parents for whatever they needed.

A month into the summer I gave in and turned on my phone, I just had to talk to Lizzy. I called her a few times throughout the break. She had been glad to hear my voice and told me how much she missed me. She was upset that I had left her. She understood my situation though, so she said she'd let it pass. If I ever did it again, though, I'd have a very angry Lizzy on my hands. I didn't ask much about the others; I made all the calls brief in order not to spike my nerves again. She'd tell me about hanging out with Roxy and Kellin, how much fun they were having, but that's as far as she would go. She also mentioned that Jack was bugging her to talk to me. He texted me a couple times once he found out that I turned my phone back on, but I didn't respond to anyone. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but there's a reason why I didn't want to talk to anyone from school.

I told my mom about everything that had happened during the school year, the good and the bad. She comforted me and gave me some serious speeches about the whole thing. I really appreciated it. Although it was a nice summer back home, I knew that I was going to have to return to MJ Academy sooner or later. I just wished that it was later.

Since all students are required to be back on campus the week before classes, I am now on the bus, just praying that this year goes well. I've set myself a new standard; I need to focus more on school work and other activities - anything really other than boys. When I arrived at campus is when it hit me - the fact of how hard that would be. Handsome faces I hadn't noticed last year started popping out at me as I walked towards my room. I quickly fish the keys out of my purse and unlock my door, taking the room in like the first time I came here. I missed this room. I park my bag next to the closet and set my purse down onto the bed. I have to go see Lizzy. I slip my phone into my pocket and walk across the hall to her room. I twist the knob, but it's locked. After a few minutes of knocking, I conclude that she isn't in her room. I would wander aimlessly to look for her, but I'm afraid of running into a certain person. I take my phone out and call Lizzy.

"Hey sis, what up? Are you here yet?"

I smile to myself, "yes I am."

"Cool. I am hanging out with Kellin right now, so I'll catch up with you later. Sorry, I need extra support before I see you-know-who." I heard her giggle and shush Kellin.

"Right. Okay, bye."

I sigh, hanging up and sliding down her door to sit. I wonder if she and Kellin are...nahh, she would tell me. If Vic wants her back though, he's going to have to work hard for it. I'm glad that she wasn't mad at me about the kiss. She had told me that she saw him do it, and heard me yell at him for doing it. She also said that she knew that I wouldn't do that to her, which made me happy because I know now that she trusts me. But should she? I should probably get to unpacking my stuff. I get up from the floor, wiping my butt off when King Douche Bag comes striding down the hall. My heart sinks when he spots me. Darn myself for lingering outside of my protective room.

"Oh, look who it is!" He approaches with a devilish grin. "Hey rock star."

My heart speeds up and my air gets caught in my lungs. What do I do? What do I say? Help!

"What-how did you know that I was here?"

"I didn't," he smirks, "but I'm glad I ran into you, I kind of missed seeing your pretty little face around here." He winks, making me suddenly sick to my stomach; I walk past him and in to my room, turning to face him before I close the door.

"I'd appreciate if you wouldn't talk to me anymore," I manage to say before my air gets sucked out of me again.

"Oh no, that'd be too easy. I just want to make sure that you don't forget about me. Glad to have you back, have a nice day," he says, before planting a kiss on my cheek.

He lingers to see my reaction but my nerves cause me to slam the door in his face. I can't believe what a jerk he is! I walk over to my bags, opening them one by one and throwing the clothes onto my bed. I huff and comb my fingers through my hair, walking around my room aimlessly. Glad to be back at MJ Academy; let the drama begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)
-K_K