Status: Comments = Updates

Welcome Home

Welcome Home Fey

I casually walked down the road that the old man at the last gas station pointed down when I asked him for directions. It’s the first time I came here, but I already felt at home. The road lead through a forest that sang a wonderful song. The birds chirped, the wind blew through the leaves of the trees and the sun rays painted the morning sky in a wonderful pink taint.

All of a sudden a car engine interrupted the harmony of the moment. I looked around in annoyance and saw a blue truck racing up the street. As the driver saw me, he started slowing down, while I stopped and stared at the nearing car. When it reached me, the driver stopped and opened the window. “Hey”

“Hello”

“Um... Do you need a ride?”

I smiled as I leaned into the car and caught the scent of a werewolf. “Depends on where you're going.”

“Forks,” he said and I saw him sniff a bit at the scent that surrounded me, looking confused.

I thought for a second. “Sorry, need to go to La Push.”

“I’m going there right after.”

“Then, yes I need ride.”

Quickly he reached over to the passenger door and opened it for me. He watched carefully as I climbed into the truck, sat down and put my seatbelt on.

“Where do you have to go?” he asked, as he slowly started moving again.

“I’m visiting a friend of mine, his name is Jacob, you don’t know him by chance?”

The boy looked over to me, suspicious and smelled the air again. “Jacob? As in Jacob Black?”

“Exactly him! So you know him?”

“Yes, I’m on my way to him.”

“Wow. What a coincidence.” I answered and braced myself as the boy slammed the brakes.

“Thank god I wore a belt” I muttered, starring ahead onto the road.

“Who are you? And how do you know Jake?” the boy asked me in a harsh demanding voice turning to me.

“Isn’t it curtsy to tell your name first when you want to know the others?”

He rolled his eyes at me. “I’m Embry Call. So, who are you?”

“Hmmm, someone has a temper. My names Fey, I met Jake when he ran away from home.”

The Fey”

“I guess Jacob told you about me?”

“Only a bit”

I smiled as Embry started the motor again and leaned back, now totally at ease. Boys are weird that way. “How is he?”

“You can ask him yourself, we’re going be there in about 30 seconds.”

Embry drove up a long driveway leading to a large modern looking house, with a lot of windows. It was grey with a wooden looking middle section.

“Ok, I didn’t think he’d live in a house this size.” I said impressed at the size of the house we were nearing, although the house wasn’t a real eye candy, the size looked impressive.

“It isn’t his house, its the Cullen house.”

I looked at him confused, “Why is Jake with the bloodsuckers? Is he being held hostage? Or does he want to launch an attack? But then it wouldn’t be very intelligent to drive up to the house with a car, especially as loud as this one... Sounds like Jake, alright. So we’re attacking them?”

Embry looked at me confused, until he remembered something. “Ohh, no no! Nessie, his imprint lives in the house.”

“His imprint... Lives with Vampires?”

“Well, her parents are Vampires”

“His imprint... IS a Vampire?”

“No, a half Vampire”

I stared at Embry. “What’s a half Vampire?”

Embry sighed. “Let Jake explain.”

Without another word I stepped out of the car and stared back at a little girl who was looking at me through the window. Suddenly I saw her eyes move to the left for a millisecond and ducked out of the way as a wolf jumped over me. In the same second I turned into my grey wolf form myself and launched myself at the smaller grey wolf. She was fast. But I ain’t slow either and I’m defiantly stronger. Within a few seconds I had her pinned under me with her throat in between my teeth. I was about to bite, when a familiar voice stopped me.

“FEY! STOP IT, RIGHT THERE!”

With a snarl I let go of the female wolf under me and looked at Jacob. While walking up to him I dropped my wolf body. “It was her fault for attacking me” I said with a smirk, “I can’t be blamed for her weakness.”

Jake snorted and looked at me. “You didn’t change at all, did you?”

“Test me” I said with a challenging grin in my face.

“I might just -” he got cut off by the voice of a young girl calling him. As soon as the girl called he turned to look at her, with a smile in his face.

I looked at the little girl again, “So, that's Nessie, huh? Cute, but isn’t she a bit young for you, you pedophile?”

Jake was about to answer when the girl suddenly stood in between me and Jake.

“Don’t be mean to my Jake.” she said with a glare.

I smiled at her, “I’m not, I’m making fun of him. In a friendly way.”

She looked at me suspiciously and then smiled and took my hand.

Come, she said into my head. Looking at Jacob surprised, I let her lead me towards the house. However, before I entered I stopped. Feeling the resistance she looked up at me confused. Come, everything will be alright she said again. Looking into her eyes I felt something draw me towards her, telling me that I have to do as she says. Oh how I hate these times. Slowly I started following her again and entered the house. It stank of Vampire, but it also entertained a vague smell of werewolf and human. Behind me I could hear Jacob, Embry and two other wolves enter.

“Nessie, where are you taking her?” Jacob asked in a soft voice as he caught up with us and took hold of the girls other hand. The second the question was posed a picture materialised in my head. It was of a vampire girl around 19 with a heart-shaped face, with a thin nose, and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin and full lips. Next to her stood a guy around the same age, maybe a bit younger, that looked like the impersonation of Adonis. Mom and Dad. Came the definition of the two teenagers in my head.

I looked at Jacob confused. “Thats Bella and Edward. Nessie’s parents.”

“Last thing I know Bella was a human and didn’t have a child. That was three years ago, but you look to be around 10... How old are you Nessie?”

Nearly four.

“Oh, ok" I said, slightly taken aback, but then again I turn into a wolf and hunt bloodsuckers, so who am I to judge? "I guess you age a bit faster?” The girl nodded.

“She’ll stop growing when she’s about 7, looking 17.” Jacob added.

“So you really are a pedophile!” I said laughing.

“Who’s a pedophile?” a soft melodic voice asked when we entered the living room. In the room stood eight vampires with each of their 16 golden years set on me. I gulped, looking at Jacob. He seemed so at ease at this situation, so calm, even with all of these leeches around us. I felt a shiver run through my body, and an urge to change into my strong, true form, but with a sidewards glance from Jacob I forced myself to breath normally and suppress the urge. I've been a werewolf for five years now, I know how to control myself.

“Jake is” the little girl answered the vampire whom I identified as Bella. She laughed, not taking any note of the urge to kill inside me. But her husband behind her did and tensed a bit, but he too did not do anything.

It was the oldest looking vampire that spoke next, I guessed Carlisle. “Who are you?”

I swallowed and looked at Jake again. “My name is Fey.”

Bella looked away from her child then, whom she was holding in her arms, up to me. “So it’s you that we can thank for, for sending Jake back to us? Thank you, you don’t know how thankful we, Edward, Nessie and I, are.”

I looked at her and cracked a smile. “Oh no need to be! I was doing it out of pure selfishness, he was starting to annoy me!” Jake looked at me shocked. “Joking, god Jacob did you loose your sense of humour on the way back to La Push?”

“If I may ask, why are you here?” It was the Adonis wannabe that spoke this time, still a bit tense, although I find that I was doing a marvellous job in suppressing my urges.

“I’ve come to ask Jacob if he would let me... Join his pack,” I answered truthfully and looked over to Jake.

He grinned and, taking that as an affirmative answer, I grinned back at him and felt a little bit more at ease. “But what about your life in the nature? All those adventures you always told me about?”

“I believe its time to settle down a bit.”

“Welcome home, Fey”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!!