Victory Is the Only Thing That Can Keep You Alive

I Want Him To Be By My Side

Training camp would always be one of the most nerve racking parts of the season, everything is yet to be determined, your fate was really unknown until you proved your worth.
I wasn't planning on letting that get in my way though, the nerves, the thoughts running through my head and Geno, it all had to be pushed away when I stepped out on that ice. My job, my future, my whole life was poured into moment like this.

I knew when I got that chance to skate on a line with Geno and Nealsy when I first arrived in Pittsburgh it was like a life line I never thought I would have been thrown. When we were all getting along and clicking things went perfect, puck after puck hit the back of the net when we weren't getting along and by 'we' I mean Geno and myself it was horrible.

I couldn't really imagine fighting all the time like Geno and I did last season and I hoped that wouldn't be the case because that would be pulling at some heartstrings that I wouldn't know how to handle. I couldn't expect us to be perfect all the time, I just hoped there would be more good days than bad.

“Hey,” I heard that Russian accent behind me as I sat out on the boards by the bench taking a load off after a long day on the ice.
“Hi,” I mustered up as much of a smile as I could feeling on the worst side of exhausted.
“I bring you skittles,” he smiled pulling out my favourite post workout/training/game snack.
“Thanks,” I put my arm out for him to come over to me.

He lent against the boards, skittle packet opened between us, my arm around his shoulders for balance as we stared out onto the ice.

“You quiet, everything ok?” he put his hand on my thigh to get my attention.
“Just thinking about season ahead, it's going to be even longer than last year.”
“Season is very long, but not worry have me,” he looked up and smiled at me sweetly.
“Yeah I know I have you,” I ran my hand through his hair before letting it settle at the nape of his neck.
“And we can win, play good together, I pass you puck, you score.”
“Or I could pass you the puck and you could score.”
“Yes.”
“Yeah...” I sighed letting my head fall to rest on top of his.

“Eat more skittles,” He grabbed the packet and held it out for me to be able to grab some with ease.
“Thanks,” I took some and enjoyed all the fruity flavours in the my mouth and the sugar rush I could feel instantly make me feel better.

“Hey G,” I spoke up.
“Yeah?” he rested closer to me while I continued to play with his hair.
“You know how I went to that girls hockey summer camp?”
“Yeah.”
“Well Sid and I were talking about me starting my own foundation and through the summer having working at my own camp, my agent thinks it's a good idea and I wanted to talk to you about first?”
“Why want to talk to me? Your choice,” he frowned.
“Because I care what you think and maybe I could rope in on some of the visits I do, Sid said he would if he wanted me to.”
“I think is good idea, but...” he pulled me off from where I had been sitting on the boards to stand in front of him, “I help you with hockey camp, you help me build toys for kids in Russia.”
“Ok it's a deal.”
“Good,” he smiled stealing a kiss.

There was nothing better than the peacefulness that was Consol after hours, the place all to ourselves. I loved any chance Geno and I got like this just to be together, nothing bothering us. I didn't even care right now that there was a chance someone could find us, I just wanted to be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who saw Geno's crash into the boards? That was not cool and I was clutching my pillow like a whimp the whole time he was down on the ice.