Sequel: Blood

Bluff

Thrills

Brian walked into the guitar shop he had always gone too, old memories of Jimmy and himself resurfacing quickly, bringing a small smile to his face. His dad had bought him his first guitar here, he bought his first set of strings, first pick, first tuner; all in this one small shop on the corner of a rundown street.

To his left, two rows of all different and assorted guitars were lined up against the wall; an employee talking and pointing to a teenager who looked intrigued. In front of him was were the three rows of organized records, albums, and vinyls. Behind them, the back wall was decorated with guitar and bass strings held in different colored packaging.The wall behind it was painted black; as if to make the vibrant colors more noticeable. To his right, was a bar where transparent buckets of different guitar picks sat, along with assorted flyers for band auditions. Underneath the bar, concealed in a large glass case, were assorted tuners, and different straps with random designs on them; some a simple color. Behind the cash register, a petite female sat, leaning against the violet colored wall. Headphones were in both of her ears, and Brian could hear Atreyu playing softly. She silently mumbled the lyrics under her breath, whilst flipping through a Rolling Stones magazine.

When the employee to Brian's left, the one talking to the enthusiastic teenager, had noticed he'd walked in, he pulled a pen out of his back pocket and threw it at the girl behind the register. She suddenly looked up, before taking her headphones out of her ears and hopping over the counter, not caring to walk around it.

She was wearing tight jeans that fit her body perfectly. She had long legs, a golden California tan, brown eyes, and a nose ring. Her hair was long and wavy, beginning as a light brown and somewhere in the center it transformed into a dark blonde. An over-sized Bullet For My Valentine hoodie covered her top half. "Looking for anything in particular?" She asked, her voice melodic.

Brian grinned. "That depends," he replied, a devious smirk on his face. "What's your name?"

A look of disgust crossed her face, but only for a fraction of a second; it seemed as if she had been warned about her behavior before and was attempting to calm herself down, like a small child being warned about telling lies. She sighed, before answering Brian's question. "I'm Kory. Now what are you looking for?" She mumbled something else under her breath, but Brian hadn't caught it.

"Just some new strings," he replied, pointing towards the back wall. As he walked back towards the neon packages, he made a goal to at least get her number before he left. Ever since he and Michelle split up, he was constantly trying to meet new girls to keep him company, but this one was clearly going to be difficult. And, for some odd reason, it made the chase even more of a thrill.

He quickly grabbed what he needed, and walked towards the cash register, where Kory had resigned. On his way towards her, he grabbed a random pick from one of the three containers; just for the hell of it. When he set his items in front of Kory, he leaned towards her. She was still flipping through the Rolling Stones magazine, mirroring his stance.

"I can smell your body spray, it's giving me a headache," she said, not caring to look up and meet his eyes until she had finished the paragraph she was currently reading.

Once she had, she hit a few keys on the register and put the strings into a plastic bag with the store's logo printed on it.

Brian stood up, no longer leaning on the counter. "How old are you?"

Kory was growing annoyed, but she didn't want to lose this job, she had worked here since she was a kid. So she forced herself to remain calm. "Twenty-two, not that it concerns you."

Brian was a little bit surprised. He expected her to be a lot older than what she was. Not that she looked it, but she just gave off that kind of vibe. "I wanted to know how old you were before I asked for your number. Is that a crime?" He smirked as she pushed the bag towards him.

"No. That'll be fourteen dollars and seventeen cents." She said, growing annoyed rather quickly. She had gotten random guys asking her to come home with them every once in a while. It confused her; did she just look easy? Either way, her father had raised her to be who she wants, say what she thinks, and do what she feels. And if she doesn't want something, fight back until there's nothing to worry about.

But there were always guys like this one who just didn't know when to give up.

"No, as in 'no, it's not a crime,' or no as in 'no I'm not giving you my number'?" Brian questioned further, knowing that he was getting under her skin. Granted, it wasn't entirely in a good way. But he didn't care, she was so intriguing.

"Take a guess."

Brian quickly fished the correct amount of money from his wallet, and placed it on the counter. He took his receipt out of the bag, and grabbed one of the pens in the Pink Floyd mug next to the register. He quickly wrote his name down, before writing his number underneath and pushing it towards Kory. "Just in case you change your mind."

Kory scoffed. "Don't count on it," she retorted. She was somewhat relieved as he walked out of the shop, despite the smirk on his face. She rolled her eyes, put her headphones back in, and continued reading about Three Days Grace's newest album.