Sequel: Blood

Bluff

Irrelevance

"You sleep a lot," Brian commented, blowing smoke from between his lips, watching as Kory tiredly walked over to him. She sat in the lawn chair next to him, pulling her small legs against her chest, and closing her eyes again.

She was in only a fitting tank top, and a pair of loose shorts. Her tanned skin was radiant in the sunlight, and all of her tattoos were evident. Her hair fell around her shoulders in ringlets, some tangled together.

As a response, she only groaned and sighed. It was quiet for a moment. Kory was just taking in the simplicity of the moment. For a few more hours, everything would be complete bliss for her. She didn't have to worry about being hurt, she didn't need to worry about upsetting anyone, she didn't need to worry about school or the album. It was just her and Brian, and that was something she enjoyed more than she thought she would.

Brian finished his cigarette, and stood up, holding his hand out for Kory to take. He let a small smile find it's way to his lips when she accepted the offer, and followed him inside. "I can make you something to eat, if you want," he suggested, walking into the kitchen.

Kory nodded in response. "Please do. In the mean time, I'm gonna go shower, I'll hurry though," she said, turning to walk down the hallway. She grabbed a quick change of clothes from the bedroom she and Brian had slept in, and made her way to the bathroom at the end of the hall. She quickly got in, rinsing her body clean, and letting the hot water relax her muscles. Apparently she took much longer than she thought she had, because eventually Brian had opened the door.

"Your food's getting cold," he stated, leaning against the door frame.

"Just a few more minutes," she said, washing her face for the second time in the last five minutes. "You should join me, this shower is fabulous," she teased, laughing. She hadn't meant it in a literal sense, but then again she wouldn't mind any if he did by all means.

Kory supposed she shouldn't have been surprised when the curtain moved and his arms wrapped around her waist. "You're really clingy today," she pointed out, turning to face him, "Why?"

Brian only shrugged. "Because there's nothing to worry about I guess," he answered, placing a short kiss on her lips.

She wasn't finished when he pulled away. She shoved her lips against his, lacing her fingers together around the back of his neck to pull him closer. She couldn't stop herself from smiling when he placed his gentle hands on her cheeks.

"You're being unfair," he muttered, once Kory had pulled away to catch her breath.

She only shook her head, "No, I'm only playing the game," she said, smirking. Casually stepping out of the shower, she wrapped her towel around her naked body and walked into the hall. She could hear Brain scoff, and then the water being turned off. Before she could even think any further, her back was against the wall.

He wrapped her legs around his waist, and shoved his lips against hers. "If you're playing, you have to play by the rules."

Shaking her head, Kory laughed. "I make the rules," she teased, her nails digging into the skin of his back as he kissed her neck. She wasn't sure exactly how she was going to hold herself together much longer.

Brian chuckled darkly. "We'll see about that."

Image

This was, by far, the longest Kory had gone without talking to Marrissa for as long as she could remember. It felt so odd and out of place. And, even though she would've killed to talk to her for a moment, she didn't want to even think about the outside world, in fear that it would ruin her limited time here at the cabin.

"Just call her, it won't hurt anything," Brian reassured, handing her her cell phone. He loved this Kory. She wasn't stressed or upset, she was just Kory. Sweet, funny, caring Kory. And he loved this part of her even more than he loved the other.

She sighed, and hesitated for a moment before finally stepping outside, closing the door behind her. She didn't waste a second once her phone had finally turned on. She waited impatiently as the phone rang, and couldn't help the grin the spread across her face when she heard Marrissa's familiar voice for the first time in what felt like forever.

"Hey Kor! How's everything going? You haven't been replying to my texts, so I figured it must be going pretty well," she teased, laughing softly.

Kory knew that a smirk was on her face. She didn't doubt that much for a second. "Yeah, I kinda don't want to go home, if I'm honest. Today was amazing from start to finish, though," she stated, sitting down on the wood planks that made up the porch. She crossed her legs over one another and ran her fingers along the rigid material of her jeans.

"Ohmygod, tell me everything!" She beamed.

Her cheeks turning scarlet at just the thought, Kory explained how things had gotten really intense for a few hours, and how amazing every touch felt, how she could still feel his lips on her skin. "Rissa, I really like him," she finally said, touching her cold fingers to her cheek in attempt to get them to cool.

Marrissa sighed. "I know you do, and I wish you could see that he likes you too," she said, sadly. "Kor, when you get back, we need to study for exams. They're in two weeks and we've done nothing," she said, attempting to change the subject.

Kory nodded. She knew about exams, though she wasn't exactly too keen on thinking about them. "Yeah, I know. I have to ace the trig exam if I want to pass, so kill me now," she mumbled, a yawn escaping her lips soon after.

"I won't bother you any longer. Matt's upset because he can't figure out how to make this fettuccine, I should go help him. We'll be there at eleven tomorrow, make sure you're up by then," she said. Matt could be heard then, clearly frustrated.

She laughed, shaking her head. "We'll be ready. Have fun," she said, hitting the end button and standing up. She walked back inside, sitting herself on Brian's lap.

He accepted it immediately, pulling her close and lying his head on her shoulder. He placed a sweet kiss on the soft skin, and smiled when the minuscule bumps made themselves present on her arms.

"Can we go to bed yet?" She asked, closing her eyes and relaxing into his embrace. She could feel him nod against her shoulder, and she instantly stood up to walk down the hall. All she wanted was for one last night was for everything to be irrelevant.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been a while. And I'm sorry about that, but school's really frustrating at the moment. I can't promise anything, but hopefully another chapter will be up soon. Sorry for any mistakes, I'm pretty tired at the moment and probably missed a bunch of things. Oh well I suppose.

Thanks to the comments from these lovelies;
@ mrsmshads
@ babiidoll103

And the recs;
@ AllTimeLowIsMyLife14
@ ImMaMoNsTeR24

Sorry if I missed anyone, as I've said, I'm pretty tired. So ya know.