Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 10

Noelle hid her face in her menu even thought she knew this was a futile attempt. Brian had saw them thanks to Jimmy waving him over. He approached the table.

"What's up Jimmy?" Brian said giving his longtimebest friend a hug.

"And who is this?" Brian said looking at Julia though his eyes kept glancing at Noelle who had finally given up trying to hide her face.

"I'm Julia nice to meet you." She said holding out her hand. Which after staring at for a couple of mintues he shook it.

He finally slid in the booth beside Noelle.

"We meet again." Brian said with a smug smile.

"Unfortunately." She mumbled not looking at him.

"I never got your name." Brian said focusing all his attention on her.

"None of your damn business." Noelle said still not looking at him.

"None of your damn business huh?" He said. "That's a funny name."

As she was about to make a smart remark a waitress came over to take their orders.

"I'll have the triple chocolate pancakes." Julia said.

"I'll have what she's having." Jimmy said with a smile.

The waitress wrote ii down and turned toward Noelle and Brian.

"The short stack with bacon and eggs scrambled please." Noelle said as the waitress took her menu.

"And you?" She said turning towards Brian.

"Just a coffee." Brian said giving the waitress a flirty smile which she returned.

Noelle rolled her eyes. This guy was a total player anyone could see it.

"So how long y'all known each other?" Julia asked sipping her Dr. Pepper.

"Since junior high." Jimmy said.

"Yeah we met in wood shop this asshole right here." He said pointing to Jimmy who was grinning his ass off. "He kept messing with me so I punched him we both got sent to the principals office where we started talking and found we had a lot in common and thus a friendship was born."

Noelle found herself staring at Brian as she listen to him talk. His voice was so smooth sounding. His hair was spiked to perfection not a hair out of place. His defined jaw. His eyes were framed with just the right amount of eyeliner. His nose ring glistened in the light.

Noelle would be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive even though he was a jerk.

"You see something you like sweet cheeks?" Brian asked turning towards her with a smile.

She quickly looked down blushing.

"Don't be embarrassed sweet cheeks I know I'm to good to look at. He said with a smug smile.

This guy was so cocky he put Edens arrogance to shame.

"Why do you keep calling me sweet cheeks?" She asked.

"Because your cheeks are big like a chipmunks he haven't lost all your baby fat on them yet." He answered. "Plus you refuse to tell me your real name Miss None of Your Damn Business."

Noelle glared at him while he sat there with that smile she would love to smack off.

"It's Noelle." She said through clenched teeth.

"Now that wasn't too hard was it sweet cheeks?" He said as Noelle sat there fuming.

Jimmy and Julia just sat there watching the exchange between Noelle and Brian it was obvious there was a spark between them. The question was how long would it be till that spark ignited.

Finally the waitress arrived with their order. They all dug in with the exception of Brian who sipped his coffee.

Noelle could feel Brian's eyes on her as she ate. She didn't like when people stared at her especially when she eating.

"What are you looking at?" She asked looking at him.

"I'm looking at a girl pigging out." He replied with a laugh.

"Jerk." She mumbled as she went back to eating.

"Tell me something I don't know." He said.

Noelle ignored him and payed attention to Jimmy and Julia who was laughing at something he said. Noelle couldn't remember Julia laughing or smiling this much before.

Jimmy eyes widen and be looked down. Julia looked confused then looked down too. Jimmy finger shoot up putting a dab of whipped cream on Julias nose.

She laughed smacking Jimmy playfully. They finished eating and Jimmy volunteering to pay for everyone.

"Thanks for this Jimmy." Noelle said giving him a hug.

"Anything for my new friends." He said hugging Julia as well.

Brian stood nearby lighting a cigarette Noelle wrinkled her nose.

"Problem sweet cheeks?" He said a smile forming.

"Yeah you smoking that poison around other people." She retorted back. "It's bad enough you're killing yourself do you really have to kill other people?"

Brian chuckled at her words. You have no idea sweet cheeks.

"So what do we do now?" Julia asked as she shivered. Jimmy took of his jacket putting it onto her shoulders.

"We could go to the spot." Jimmy suggested.

"What's the spot?" Julia asked.

"You're gonna have to come with us to find out." Brian relied stomping his cigarette out.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Noelle said crossing her arms.

"Why sweet cheeks? Brian said approaching her till he was right in front of her. She could smell the smoke on him she wanted to gag.

"Don't you trust me?" He asked with a smile.

"No." She said but she saw Jimmy who was giving her the puppy eyes and bottom lip. "But I trust Jimmy so I'll go."

"Well lets get going then." Brian said walking past her.

What have I gotten myself into?