Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 9

Noelle woke up the next morning to the smell of french toast. She got up showerd, dressed, did her hair in its usual high braided ponytail and went down stairs.

"Morning Cindy." Noelle said as she sat at the table.

"Good morning Noelle." Cynthia said placing a plate of French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs in front of get with a glass of orange juice.

After eating Noelle bid Cynthia goodbye before walking out the door. And she started walking to school.

Out of nowhere she felt an arm wrapped around her waist lifting her over its owners shoulder.

"Hi Jimmy." Noelle said laughing.

"Hello Noelle." Jimmy said spinning around briefly. This made Noelle laugh even more.

"Could you please put me down Jimmy?" She asked.

"Can't this is your wake up call." Jimmy said with a smile.

"Wake up call?" Noelle said confused. "For what?"

"What better way to wake you up then suspending you upside down and spinning you?" He asked as if it should've been obvious. He stopped to spin her again.

"Jimmy could you please stop?" Noelle asked. "I had a big breakfast and I'm starting to feel sick."

Jimmy quickly put her down. He started skipping beside her before taking her hands and mock slow dancing with her. This made her laugh.

Jimmy smiled before slinging an arm on her shoulder as they continued to Julias house.

They walked up to the front porch. Noelle rang the doorbell. The Carson's maid Helen answered.

"Good morning Noelle." Helen said. "How may I help you?"

"Morning Helen is Julia ready?" She asked.

"Just about." Helen replied noticing the tall black haired boy standing behind Noelle giving her bunny ears.

"And who is this?" Helen asked with genuine curiosity.

Noelle had forgotten about Jimmy. She turned as he put his fingers down. She playfully smacked him. He rubbed his arm in pretend hurt.

"This is Jimmy." Noelle said.

"Pleasure to meet you." Jimmy said shaking Helens hand.

"Um and you too." Helen said at that moment Julia appeared.

"Hi Noelle and Jimmy." She said with a smile.

"Hi Julia you ready?" Noelle asked. Julia nodded and after they all said goodbye to Helen they made their way to school.

The whole school was chattering about Noelle and Julia walking into school with known misfit and troublemaker Jimmy Sullivan.

They finally made it to their lockers. Julia was having trouble with her old locker.

"Damn this thing!" She yelled kicking it.

"My lady allow me." Jimmy said bowing causing both girls to giggle. He turned the locked, then kicked it. The locker burst open.

"Thank you Jimmy." Julia said with a smile.

"Anytime." He said returning the smile.

They didn't run into Eden that morning. But of course the inevitably happened at lunch time.

"So you girls what do hang out after school?" Jimmy asked playing with Noelles braid.

"Sure I'll just have to tell Cynthia." Noelle said speed dialing the maid. After talking to Cynthia Noelle had the biggest smile on her face.

"She said its okay." Noelle said laughing as Jimmy hugged her.

"What the hell is this?" A voice they all dreaded said. Eden walked over to them fumming.

"I thought I told you to leave us alone!" Eden said at Jimmy.

"And I thought I told you to stop scowling it cause wrinkles at an early age." Jimmy said with a smirk.

"Get lost reject!" Eden yelled. Noelle had finally had enough.

"You get lost Eden." Noelle said getting up. Eden, Julia, and even Jimmy look surprised.

"Excuse me?" Eden asked.

"You heard me." Noelle said. "Me and Julia are hanging with Jimmy now we're tired of your bitchiness and rudeness and you treating Julia like shit."

By now the whole school yard was paying attention. The usually shy reserved Noelle was cursing and standing up to Eden.

"You'll regret this." Eden said threatening.

"Actually no I'm not." Noelle said. "In fact this is the best decision I've ever made."

"Whatever you two are losers just like him." Eden said walking away.

Julia stood up and hugged Noelle.

"Noelle you were so good just then." Julia said. Noelle laughed hugging her friend. Then hugging Jimmy as well.

The lunch bell rang signaling the end of lunch and the beginning of sixth period.

"So what do you want to do after school Jimmy?" Julia asked curiously.

"You two want to get a bit to eat at IHOP?" He asked.

"Sure. They both said in unison. As Noelle and Julia settled into science class she found herself looking for the mysterious Brian. Everytime the door opened she looked up expecting it to be him.

Finally the last bell rang. Julia and Noelle found Jimmy waiting for them on the steps.

They walked the short distance to IHOP.

"My friend is joining us." Jimmy said as they settled in the booth.

"What friend?" Noelle asked. Jimmy gave her his famous smile.

"You already know him Noelle." Jimmy said.

At that moment the door opened revealing the spiky haired Brian.