Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 11

As they walked to the spot Noelle could feel Brians eyes on her the whole way. She turned and looked at him. He gave her that smug smile.

"What are you looking at?" She asked irriatated.

"I don't know what I'm looking at I'm looking at something though." He said still smoking.

Noelle rolled her eyes and sprinted up to Jimmy and Julia who were ahead. Jimmy had his arm around Julia who was laughing at something he said. Noelle walked up beside Jimmu who gave her a smile and wrapped his other arm around her.

"What's up Noelle?" Jimmy asked.

"Your friend is really bugging me." Noelle said.

Jimmy chuckled. "He's a jerk but a really likeable guy when you get to know him."

"I don't want to get to know him." Noelle said glancing at Brian who was watching her.

"How much longer till we get there Jimmy?" Julia asked.

"Not much longer." Jimmy said as they stopped at the park gate which was closed.

"The park?" Julia said looking at him confused. "But it's closed Jimmy.

Jimmy gave her a mischievous smirk. Without warning he lifted Julia up she shrieked in surprise.

"Jimmy the hell are you doing?!" She asked panicked.

"Giving you a lift silly." Jimmy said laughing as he gently put Julia on the other side. Then using his long legs he jumped beside her.

"Your turn Noelle." Jimmy said holding his hands up.

Noelle looked skeptical. Go into the park while it was closed? They could get caught.

She was snapped out her thoughts by a pair of hands grabbing her around her waist. She turned to see Brian lifting her up until Jimmy grabbed her and sat her down beside Julia. Then Briam jumped over the fence landing beside her.

"Don't put your hands on me again I don't wanna smell like cancer causing cigarettes." She said glaring at Brian.

"Whatever." He said walking past her and following Jimmy and Julia. Noelle followed close behind. They continued to walk for a couple of minutes until she bumped into Brian. He turnedz

"I think you just love running into me sweet cheeks." He said with a smirk.

Noelle rolled her eyes and walked past him to where Jimmy was pulling back a tree branch revealing a small clearing big enough to hold a small group of people.

"Ladies first." He said gesturing to Julia and Noelle. They entered into the clearing with Jimmy and Brian behind them.

"This is nice Jimmy." Noelle said with a smile.

"It really is." Julia agreed.

"How you did you find it?" Noelle asked.

"One day I was wandering around the park I ended up tripping on my shoelaces and rolling into here." Jimmy said.

Both girls laughed at this. Brian brought out a bottle of Jack Daniels.

"You read my mind man!" Jimmy said taking the bottle and drinking a huge shallow. He held the bottle out for Julia who shook her head.

"Come Julia a little sip?" Jimmy said doing the lip thing.

Julia reluctantly took the bottle from him. Looking at the liquid inside she tip the bottle to her lips. She scrunched up her face shallowing.

"It burns." She said her face still scrunched up.

"That's the best liquor the kind that burns." Brian replied lighting another cigarette. Noelle moved away from him and the cancerous smoke.

He passed it to Jimmy who blew a puff he held it out for Julia. She looked at it before taking it.

"Just inhale real slowly and exhale slowly." Jimmy told her.

Julia slowly inhaled then slowly exhaled blowing the smoke out. She let out a sigh and blew another puff. Before trying to pass it to Noelle who shook her head.

"You really are a killjoy aren't you?" Brian asked taking the cigarette from Julia.

"I'm already taking a risk being here when the park is closed and I don't want to be drunk or stoned if we get caught." She said giving him a glare.

"Life's all about taking risks." Brian said. "It's more fun if you take a risk."

"Julia I want to show you something." Jimmy said getting up and grabbing her hand.

"Okay." She said confused but followed him. Leaving Noelle alone with Brian.

"Looks like it's just you and me." Brian said with his famous smile.

"Yippee." Noelle said sarcastically. He laughed at her dry sense of humor.

"What's funny?" She asked irritated again.

"You." He said still laughing. "Why do you care?" He asked out the blue.

"Excuse me?" She asked turning toward him.

"Why do you care if you get caught and what people think of you?" Brian asked.

"I care cause I could get in trouble with my parents and people would think I'm a troublemaker if I get caught." Noelle answered.

"Life's too short to be worrying about things like that." Brian said.

"Your life's way shorter than mine with you smoking that cancer stick." Noelle shoot back.

"Hey I know I'm going to hell I just don't care." He said.

"Why are you so sure that's where you're going when you die?" She asked genieuly curious.

He looked down before saying. "I just do."

She noticed his cocky demeanor completely go away. Despite herself Noelle patted his arm. He looked up and stared at her arm.

"Whatever it is I didn't mean to bring up a bad topic or memory." Noelle said sincerely.

"That's okay Noelle." Brian said surprising her by calling her by her name and smiling a genuine smile that had no cockiness in it.

She found herself smiling back. At that moment Jimmy and Jukia returned. Julia had the biggest smile on her face.

Noelle gave her a look asking what happened. Julia mouthed out I'll tell you later.

"Jimmy I have to get home before Cynthia worries." Noelle said getting up.

"Okay let's go." Jimmy said holding the branch open as Noelle and Brian walked out the spot.

They walked back to the get with Jimmy hoisting first Noelle up then Julia.

Both boys then jumped over the fence beside the girls. They then started walking the girls home.