Status: Active

Ride Off Into the Sunset

Chapter 12

The four young adults walked in silence down the sidewalk. Jimmy one arm around Julia and the other around Noelle. Brian walked beside them quietly.

They finally arrived at Julias house.

"See you tomorrow Jules." Noelle said hugging her friend.

"You too Ellie." Julia said hugging her.

Jimmy hugged her and kissed her cheek. Brian simply nodded. Julia disappeared into her house.

They then walked to Noelles house. Jimmy grabbed her by the waist throwing her over his shoulder.

"Jimmy what are you doing?" Noelle asked laughing.

"Giving you a lift you're walking too slow." He said laughing and running up the stairs to the front door.

Jimmy rung the doorbell.

Cynthia answered the door her eyes wide with surprise seeing the tall boy holding Noelke upside down.

"Excuse me I have a delivery for you." Jimmy said with a smile.

"And what is it?" Cynthia asked finding herself smiling back.

"Young eighteen year old who could lay off the Little Debbie snacks." Jimmy said laughing as Noelle smacked him.

He sat Noelle down who gave him another playful smack.

"Cynthia this is Jimmy." Noelle said.

"Nice to meet you." Jimmy said shaking Cynthias hand.

"You too." Cynthia said with a smile. "Who's your friend?" She asked looking at Brian who was on the sidewalk watching the three.

"Brian he's not a people person." Jimmy said glancing at him. "See you tomorrow Noelle." Jimmy said hugging her.

"You too Jimmy." Noelle said.

She glanced at Brian and waved to her surprise he waved back.

Jimmy walked backwards to Brian. Giving Noelle and Cynthia a final wave he and Brian walked down the sidewalk.

"Your friend Jimmy he's really something." Cynthia said.

Noellle nodded in agreement.

"Noelle you smell like cigarette smoke." Cynthia said sniffing her.

"Brian was smoking." Noelle said.

Cynthia nodded. "He seems very mysterious."

"He is he doesn't talk much about himself." Noelle said. "When I was talking to him he said he was positive he's going to hell when he dies."

"He sounds troubled." Cynthia said.

"He is." Noelle said. "I asked him why he was so sure of that he said he just knew."

"Sounds like one of those fellows that doesn't care about anything."

"He cares about Jimmy." Noelle said. "At first he was all cocky but him and Jimmy are best friends he's still cocky but when he's around Jimmy he's more likeable."

"Not surprising that Jimmy is a character." Cynthia said with a laugh. "I like him and I just met him."

Noelle laughed and walked upstairs.

After showering and changing she went to bed.

"It's good to see you again Bri." Jimmy said giving his friend a punch.

"You too Jim." Brian said smiling.

"So what happened this time?" Jimmy asked as he ceased walking.

"Shot a guy." Brian said looking at him. "The cops are hot in my ass."

Jimmy just shook his head in disbelief.

"What are you going to do Brian?" Jimmy asked.

"Just lay low here until it cools down." He said.

"What are you staying at?" Jimmy asked kicking a stone.

"This old shack that's near the boulder of this town." He answered. "You still staying at that laundry mat?"

"In between there and home." Jimmy said. "Moms let me move back in but I still sleep at the laundry mat sometimes." "She's used to me leaving without explanation so she doesn't ask questions."

"You seem really fond of that Julia chick." Brian said smirking.

Jimmy smiled and nodded. "I kissed her."

"How did she react?" Brian asked.

"She was surprised but it went away." Jimmy said. "What about you and Noelle?"

Brian laughed. "I like her she's feisty." "She seems to have an issue with me and my cigarettes."

"Well you are an asshole." Jimmy said.

"True but she also seems to care a little too much about what other people think." Brian continued.

"Maybe you can help her loosen up some more." Jimmy said with a smile.

"Maybe I can." Brian said with a smirk.