Status: Inactive for lack of motivation and feedback.

The Witch and the Sorcerer

The News

Avengers Tower
New York City, NY


Upon the discovery of the alien life form that Agents Romanoff and Barton had brought to light, Nick Fury declared a meeting with The Avengers at their tower in New York. Aliens were not Fury’s forte, but he did not want this news getting to the World Council. That was the last thing he wanted, so his only choice of action to stay off of the government’s radar was his team of gifted people. This also allowed the chance to bring Thor in to speak to him.
At the tower, most of the Initiative had already arrived. Clint and Natasha arrived with Fury, and Dr. Bruce Banner, known to the world as The Hulk, arrived shortly after. Thor arrived on the roof, and entered the lounge at the same time Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, strolled in. Tony Stark arrived in his famous Iron Man suit, late as usual.

“Nice of you to finally show up, Stark,” Fury said.

Tony was walking in off of the landing pad, his suit flying off of him and into its high-tech storage closet. He looked around to see Natasha and Clint standing near a projection screen, Natasha with a laptop in her hands. Steve, Dr. Banner were seated on the sectional, while Thor stood nearby, looking uptight as ever.

“You’re late,” Steve said.

Tony held an index finger in the air.

“Ah, yes! But, I’m here. What’s the story, Fury. I have things to do. People to talk to,” he said, clapping his hands together.

Fury eyed him.

“You will have to put your thing to do and people to talk to on hold. We have bigger problems,” he said.

Tony sighed and plopped down on the couch beside Dr. Banner and pulled out his cell phone, seeming disinterested in the meeting as he texted Pepper. Fury ignored Tony.

“The night before last, three men were found brutally murdered in a warehouse beside a location where an atmospheric disturbance was recorded,” Fury announced.

Natasha brought up the data, mirroring the laptop screen on the projector. Tony looked up at the screen, and with a button on his phone, hacked the data, sending it to JARVIS for analysis. Dr. Banner pushed his glasses down to examine this screen closer, while Steve seemed indifferent.

“A disturbance,” Fury paused and glanced over at Thor, “Not unlike what you make when you return and leave from Earth.”

Thor was suddenly nervous. Had they caught he, Loki, and Avery’s arrival a few days ago?

“Where was this disturbance located?” Thor asked.

Natasha brought up a map of California. Fury pointed to it.

“Central Los Angeles, California. Happened around two in the morning,” he replied.

Thor furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Would you happen to know anything about this?” Fury asked.

Thor shook his head.

“I know not of this occurance. However, I can assure you that I was not the one who caused it. At the time, I was with Jane and Dr. Selvig in the brand new Mexico,” he said.

Tony snorted and the others displayed a small amount of amusement.

“New Mexico?” Fury asked.

Thor nodded.

“Yes, sir. We too were researching recent atmospheric disturbances. We did not see this one, though,” he replied.

Fury nodded.

“Well, the evidence points to someone not of this planet. An atmospheric disturbance in a large city, and three murdered within twenty minutes of the occurrence? I’d say this was your brother’s doing, if I’m not mistaken,” he said.

Thor felt a rush of anger overcome him.

“Loki? He has no means on Earth. He is in Asgard where he belongs,” Thor stated.

“He had no reason to attack Earth in the first place, yet we are still rebuilding,” Fury said.

Thor clenched his fists. Killing three men in Los Angeles? For some odd reason, to him, it sounded like Loki’s doing, but he would defend him until he found more information from the source.

“Loki has other things to worry about at the present time. He should not be blamed for this. To me, it sounds like mere coincidence,” he replied.

Fury took a deep breath.

“I agree,” Clint spoke up, “We have no proof. Besides, Loki is where he belongs. We have worse matters to discuss.”

Fury looked back at the screen.

“Right. Agent Romanoff, bring up those pictures,” he said.

Natasha nodded.

“Last night, Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff brought in a body that we believe is not of this planet. That is why I called you all here today. This news must not leave this room. God forbid it gets into the hands of the World Council,” Fury said bitterly.

Natasha brought up a photo take the night before of the skeletal alien body, laying in its own heart dust on the gurney. A breathy gasp came from the Avengers.

“What the hell is that?” Tony exclaimed.

“We believe it to be an alien lifeform,” Natasha calmly replied.

“We found it terrorizing a farmer’s sheep in Edinburgh during a mission,” Clint said.

Dr. Banner stood and approached the screen for a better look.

“Are you sure it’s not some mutated or deformed dog?” he asked.

“If dogs had the same powers as the Grim Reaper,” Clint said sarcastically.

Tony and Steve were confused. Thor just watched on curiously.

“Explain,” Tony demanded.

“If you touch it, or it touches you, you immediately die,” Natasha replied, her tone deadly serious.

Tony’s eyes widened and he animatedly slapped the cushions.

“Oh, well, hell! There’s a nice twist,” he said sarcastically.

“Stark! I would appreciate a little more control,” Fury scolded, his one eye staring dangerously at Tony.

Tony held his hands up.

“Fine. Fine. I’ll be good. Go ahead, Nick,” he said.

Fury rolled his eye.

“What is their purpose here on Earth?” Steve asked.

“That we don’t know, but it will only be a matter of time before they run rampant. If there was one there will be more,” he said.

“What are they?” Tony asked.

Fury glanced up at Thor.

“That’s what we were hoping you’d know,” he said to Thor.

Thor sighed and walked over to the screen.

“You know outer space and the Realms beyond,” Fury went on.

“I do,” Thor said.

He stood in front of the screen, standing next to a very focused Dr. Banner.

“But I have not seen a creature like this,” he finished.

There was an air of disappointment about the room.

“Did it have skin?” Thor asked.

“No,” Natasha replied.

Thor nodded.

“I fear I can be of no help identifying this beast. It looks similar to a demon from Muspelheim, had it spent a year of exposed decomposition,” he said, “But it does have the characteristics of a demon.”

“Just not any you have seen?” Fury asked.

“I have not traveled beyond the Nine Realms,” Thor replied.

“It looks like something from Hell,” Steve said.

Dr. Banner crossed his arms as he listened to the conversation around him.

“There is only one I know of who may be able to identify this creature,” Thor said, “The only person I know who has explored the Realms beyond.”

“And who would that be?” Fury asked.

The group of Avengers stared at Thor, anticipating the answer. Thor sighed heavily.

“My brother. Loki.”

There was an immediate uproar from the Avengers.

“Forget it,” Clint said bluntly.

“No way,” Natasha said, shaking her head.

“Do not bring that psychopath back into our atmosphere,” Steve pleaded.

Thor frowned. They had no idea where Loki had been, what he had done, and how he had changed. They were quick to prevent giving the newest King of Asgard a chance.

“Well, let’s not be too hasty,” Dr. Banner spoke up.

Everyone in the room shut their mouths and looked to the doctor.

“I mean, we will never find out what is if we don’t ask. Loki may be a great help. He seems easily bargained with to get our answers. Besides, unless this is his doing somehow, he has no army and no reason to fight us.”

“Besides, if he gets feisty, Bruce, you can give him the ole handshake,” Tony said, waving his arm back and forth in reference to the Hulk’s takedown of Loki.

Dr. Banner smiled and tried not to laugh.

“If Loki is brought here to identify this creature, he will give you no reason to propose a bargain or fight, if you don’t give him a reason,” Thor said.

Fury crossed his arms.

“Regardless of what Loki has done, it seems he is our only hope, as crazy as that sounds. Right now, our planet is threatened. One herd of sheep can turn into a full city of people if we do not get this under control now,” he said.

“I second that,” Dr. Banner said, “We can handle Loki if need be. For now, we need answers.”

Tony raised his hand in the air.

“I third it,” he said.

Thor was surprised by Tony’s eagerness, but also grateful.

“I’m sure I can get some answers. Even if I can’t bring him here,” Thor said.

“Please don’t,” Clint said.

Thor ignored him.

“Do what you have to do, Thor,” Fury said, then turned to the others, “I ask that the rest of you prepare to take up residence here. We have no idea what we’re dealing with, and I’ll be damned if I’m not prepared.”

Thor nodded.

“Before we set up shop, may I go back with you and examine this body?” Dr. Banner requested.

Fury nodded.

“Of course,” he replied, then looked to everyone else, “It’s time to assemble.”

***

I ran through the woods, looking over my shoulder every few seconds for signs of someone following me. It was early afternoon is Asgard. The temperature was not necessarily warm, as the winter months were approaching, but it was sunny and pleasant, and a perfect day to go out and train. In my exile, my skills and muscles (though there weren’t many to begin with) had significantly weakened. I was excited to get back to touch up my skills and receive new battle lessons from Loki. Odin knows I needed it.
Loki spent the remainder of his morning at the throne, doing the routine duties Odin once did. I spent my morning, with Fandral in the arena, practicing my skills with sword. Fandral insisted I familiarize myself with physical weapons in the case I may need them to battle anything that makes their way through the portals, and decided to start me off with a starters’ sword. I was terrible at it, but it was a lot of fun spending time with him, Volstagg, and Sif, who still seemed not to like me too much. I didn't pay much mind to her anyway.
After practice, I met Loki for lunch before we embarked on a private training session. He did not mind that I familiarized myself with weapons, but Loki said that he felt my powers were more of a skill of mind than brawn. I had to agree with him on that. He liked to use daggers, for they were a sneaky weapon, as he was a sneaky person. I just found more use out of spells than anything I could physically wield. Nevertheless, with powers of mind comes strength of mind, and Loki wanted me to have my wits about me. Placing me in the middle of the forest and abandoning me was a start. I was the hero in this little game, and he was the enemy. He was hunting me down, and I needed to fend him off on a moment’s notice. I thought this exercise was perfect. After hearing what Fandral, Sif, and Volstagg had to say, this was the perfect way to practice—especially with a master of illusions, disguises, and mischief.
Loki had me half-crazed near the end of our training. He had yet to catch me, and had outwitted most of my traps. I was at a disadvantage, for as a sorcerer, he could sense the presence of my magic, and tripped me up every time. It frustrated, but fueled me. Loki was never an easy one to beat, anyway. He was more experienced than me, born a fighter, and had several thousand years of learning under his belt. I was way behind, but that didn’t matter. I was determined to learn and win this little game of his.
I was walking down a trail when I saw Loki ahead of me, his back facing me. I stopped dead and crouched down, barely breathing to avoid being heard. Loki was crouched down, looking around for me in the trees. I smirked. I had made a failed attempt at pulling a Tarzan and using the treetops to spot Loki and pounce him. Now he was hiding in plain sight. The perfect hiding spot. I jogged forward and used a teleportation spell that would transport me the several yards to him. When I reappeared, he was right in front of me.

“Ah ha!” I shouted and tried to grab him and take him down.

Loki disappeared into thin air. I grabbed air. When I realized it was an illusion, I let out a cry of frustration.

“Loki!” I shouted.

All of a sudden, someone grabbed me, one arm around my waist and the other holding me in a headlock. Loki appeared in my peripheral vision. He hold me tight enough to the point of being very uncomfortable, but not quite to the point of hurting me.

“An enemy grabs you like this and you can’t escape. Your doom seems to be sealed. What do you do?” he asked in this creepy, gravelly voice.

I growled and grabbed the arm that was constricted around my neck and ducked, sending Loki over my head. I slammed him into a nearby tree, forcing him to let go. Loki let out a pained grunt and crumpled to the leafy forest floor. I used my magic to create bonds, gluing his wrists and ankles to the floor. Loki stared up at me in shock. I ripped a dagger out of his jacket and held it to his neck.

“You even think of breaking those bonds, and I will slit your throat right here,” I threatened.

Loki just smiled and stared up at me with big, puppy eyes.

“And if you weren’t a god, I’d stomp you so hard, if you know what I mean,” I growled.

Loki burst out laughing.

“I get it, Ave. You did good. Now, let me go,” he said.

I smirked and replaced the dagger.

“I don’t think so. I think I like you helpless,” I said.

Loki yanked at the bonds, then tried several spells to dissolve them, but nothing worked.

“What kind of magic is this?” he exclaimed.

I crossed my arms as I watched him.

“Does it hurt?” I asked.

Loki was momentarily confused.

“Wha-? No. I’m just not too fond of laying in the dirt in leaves,” he spat.

I laughed at him.

“You know, if you were really an enemy, I would have killed you,” I said dangerously.

Loki smirked.

“I guess it’s a good thing you love me,” he said vainly.

I laughed.

“Please!”

“Can I get up now?” he asked.

I got down on my knees beside him and hovered over him.

“Did I win?” I asked.

He smiled wickedly.

“You cheated, Ave,” he said.

“Oh, but was not that the objective?” I asked playfully.

Loki laughed.

“It is,” he said, “You learn well. Now, may I please be released?”

“Only if you answer my question,” I said.

Loki curled his lip. He didn’t like losing. To tell me that I won was a punch to his pride. I still wanted to hear it come out of his mouth.
Loki pulled at his bonds and made a few more futile attempts to break them. They withstood even the strongest of his spells. Finally, he let his head fall back and surrendered.

“Fine, Ave. You win,” he said.

I leaned over him.

“Good. Then this training session is over and when I let you go, you can’t pull a fast one on me. Deal?”

Loki laughed.

“Come now, Avery. Why would I do that?” he asked teasingly.

“Because you’re you,” I replied.

“Do you not trust me?” he asked.

I just smirked. I raised my hands up and waved them out from me, releasing Loki. Loki gave me a shit-eating grin, and within seconds, pounced me and had me pinned to the ground.

“Dammit, Loki!” I exclaimed.

“I win,” he said.

“You’re dead,” I snapped.

I grabbed his jacket and tried to wrestle him off of me, but he remained firm.

“Okay,” I breathed out, from exhaustion and a giggling fit, “I give.”

Loki laughed and kissed me.

“You did exceptionally well, if I do say so. I think a little more practice and you’ll be prepared,” he said.

I smiled up at him.

“Thank-you,” I said, “Let’s get up and go cool off.”

Loki nodded in agreement. He moved to his knees and took my hands, helping me up out of the dirt. I dusted myself off, then helped pick the leaves sticking in Loki’s armor.

“You know, we will have to get you fitted for armor. Send your measurements and customizations into the forger’s as soon as possible,” he said.

I grunted and gritted my teeth.

“Loki,” I whined.

Loki’s eyes darkened.

“As long as you’re battling and there is a potential threat to Asgard, you will wear armor. It’s not an option, Ave,” he said strictly.

“I never had to before,” I said, “I battled with you guys several times and I was fine.”

“You were lucky!” he exploded, “Times are different, and I refuse to let you fight now without some means of protection. I cannot risk going out into battle without knowing you are somewhat safe! I cannot risk losing you!”

I took a shallow breathe as I watched him. I didn’t know what to think of his explosion. Was he mad at me? Had I said something wrong? Well, of course it was wrong, but why had it set him off so?

“Not again,” he said, taking deep breaths to calm himself, “You and Mother were the only people who treated me with an ounce of understanding. Never once judged me for my foolish acts unless deemed necessary. Loved me for who I was, unconditionally. That’s all I ever wanted from anybody. If I lose you, I am alone. Some would say I deserve that, but when I saw you in the snow in Jotunheim, on the brink of death, it scared me. All this time, I went on thinking you were safe in Midgard. Now…”

“Okay, I get it,” I whispered.

Loki’s sad eyes flickered up to mine. I pulled him into me and hugged him.

“If you want, I’ll request a tailor as soon as we return to the palace,” I said.

Loki pulled back and held my arms gently.

“I’ll set up an appointment for you in the morning. You don’t have to worry about it today,” he said.

I sighed and nodded. He was right. I needed armor. Loki would have already died, had it not been for the protective metal he wore.

“I’m sorry. It was foolish of me to think I wouldn’t need it. You’re right,” I said in defeat.

Loki frowned.

“I’m sorry for raising my voice at you,” he apologized, “That was out of line.”

I gave him a small smile.

“You’re forgiven,” I said.

Loki smiled at that and hugged me, nuzzling his face into the side of my head and kissing my cheek.

“I love you, Ave,” he mumbled.

I gave his slender body a squeeze.

“I love you, too. Even if you cheat during training,” I said.

Loki just laughed.

In the distance, we heard a muffled boom and a whirring sound. I jumped and spun around, thinking it was a ship or something. When I saw the Observatory spinning in the distance, I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Were you expecting someone?” I asked Loki.

He sighed.

“It must be Thor. Come. Perhaps he has some news for us,” he said.

I nodded and quickly followed after him.

When we returned to the palace, we found Thor in the garden courtyard reuniting with Sif. When they parted and Sif saw Loki and I approach, she politely bowed to Loki. Thor bowed his head, but Loki didn’t seem to take offense.

“Did you bring news?” Loki asked Thor.

Thor nodded.

“I have,” he replied.

Loki cast a glance at Sif.

“We have news as well. Sif, locate Fandral and Volstagg. The three of you meet us on my private balcony. The guard will allow you access,” he said.

Sif bowed and obeyed. We watched until she vanished inside before Loki gestured for Thor and I to follow him.

“I thought you would have arrived sooner, Thor,” Loki said.

“I spoke with Stark after we retrieved Avery’s belongings,” Thor replied.

“What news did he have?” Loki asked as we turned a corner.

“No more than I.”

“Well, what did you tell him?” Loki asked demandingly.

“I merely asked for his help about the portals. I gave him no definite information,” Thor replied.

We scaled a set of stairs that led us to the corridor where the royal chambers were located.

“And?” Loki asked.

Thor sighed.

“He said he had my back. He knows not of you or Avery. Not when it comes to the portals, that is,” he explained.

We walked through a set of doors and out onto the balcony overlooking Asgard. Not long after we arrived, Sif, Fandral, and Volstagg appeared. They bowed to Loki, then excitedly greeted Thor and I.

“I hope you have good news for us,” Sif said to Thor.

Thor looked confused.

“How are they involved?” he asked Loki.

Loki smirked.

“It seems as if the portal in Midgard to Jotunheim is not the only one,” he replied.

“We found another,” Volstagg said, “In Vanaheim.”

Thor looked shocked.

“Unsuspecting Fire Giants from Muspelheim are coming through it. I assume it’s just as undetectable there as it is in Vanaheim,” Sif explained.

Thor’s eyes widened.

“We have to seal these portals!” he boomed.

“But how?” Fandral asked.

“Yeah,” I agreed, “We don’t know what they’re being used for, or how they even came into existence. What are we going to do? Sit around them and wait for something to happen?”

“We shall have to wait until the culprits reveal themselves,” Fandral said.

Volstagg let out a humorless laugh.

“That’s likely!” he said sarcastically.

“It’s obvious they know not of what they are doing,” Loki said calmly, “It seems to me like they are toying with magic far beyond their race.”

“A portal isn’t hard to manifest, though,” I said to Loki.

“To a highly skilled sorcerer,” he said.

“But almost every race in every Realm has one,” Thor chimed in.

“Then the lowest of the races are the ones we should look for,” Volstagg said.

“Frost Giants?” Fandral asked, “I mean, they are the ones who attacked Avery.”

“They know not of the portal Avery fell through. Even a simple Frost Giant with basic sorcery skills could open a portal,” Loki said.

Thor sighed heavily.

“We will have to investigate this further, but later. I have important news from S.H.I.E.L.D.,” he said.

All of us perked up, save for Loki, who snarled.

“A creature with demon characteristics was found by Romanoff and Barton,” he said.

Loki snorted.

“They no nothing of demons. Not true demons,” he said.

“Yes, but this was beyond the creatures of Earth. They’re claiming it an alien race. I saw it,” he said.

We all snapped our heads up to look at Thor.

“Well, pictures. Fury summoned the Avengers. He asked me to identify it, but I have never seen such a creature. The only person I know who would have any knowledge of it, is you, Loki,” he said.

It was Loki’s turn to look shocked.

“Me?” he asked.

“You have been to worlds unknown to the rest of us. You have been through the Seven Circles of Hell. You have seen creatures that none of us have witnessed. Surely you can help, brother,” Thor pleaded.

Loki exhaled slowly. He looked aggravated.

“The creature has been terrorizing farmers, and Fury fears it will be the humans next,” Thor continued.

Loki shrugged.

“Why should I care?” he asked.

I nudged Loki hard in the side. He winced and stared down at me.

“Because Earth is mine to protect. It is one of my top priorities, and as King, it should be your’s as well,” Thor growled.

With that, Loki snapped.

“How dare you stand before me and tell me what my priorities should be!” he shouted.

Quickly, Sif and I stepped between the brothers. I pulled Loki back, and Sif calmed Thor down.

“Would you two stop?” I asked, “Loki, you have to listen to Thor. If Fury is scared enough of it that he’s asking you to come identify it, it must be important.”

Loki took a deep breath.

“Fine. Thor, explain this creature to me,” he ordered.

Sif and I moved out of the way, certain that one brother would not try to kill the other.

“As I said, it seems to be a sort of demonic creature. According to Agent Romanoff, it possessed no skin. Just a strange, skeletal being. It didn’t seem very large. Maybe as tall as Avery, if that,” Thor began.

Loki glanced down at me, sizing me.

“Why do they fear it?” Loki asked.

“It’s lethal. One touch from it, and you die instantly. Alive or dead, you mustn’t touch it,” he said.

Loki looked down, his eyebrows knitted together in deep thought.

“Perhaps I should have asked for a photograph,” Thor mused.

“What color was it?” Loki asked.

“Solid. So blue it was nearly black,” his brother replied.

Loki nodded.

“I cannot think of a creature matching that description. I haven’t the slightest idea of what it could possibly be,” he replied, “That’s the honest truth.”

Thor crossed his arms over his chest.

“They sound like Reapers,” I said.

Everyone’s attentions focused back to me.

“Reapers?” Loki asked.

I nodded.

“Not an official race of creature. Do you know of the Grim Reaper?” I asked.

Loki shook his head.

“I have heard of such a thing from Jane,” Thor said.

“What’s a ‘Grim Reaper?’” Volstagg asked.

“The personification of death,” I replied, “It’s a fictional creature. A skeleton in a hooded robe, black usually, that carries a scythe. It’s supposed to take the soul to judgement when you die.”

They nodded in understanding.

“Could these creatures possibly have something to do with the portals?” Fandral asked curiously.

No one had the answer for that.

“Unfortunately, it sounds like I may have to make a trip to Asgard,” Loki said, not at all happy.

“Loki, they will not hurt you. They will only ask and show you pictures, or perhaps the body itself. Then, you can come back home and deal with the portals,” Thor assured him.

Loki nodded.

“Well, if I go, then Ave, you’re coming with me. The world of death and the spiritual beyond is your area of expertise,” he said.

I immediately froze and my world slowed down around me. All sounds ceased, as if someone had suddenly stopped cassette tape. The old days rushed back to me. Spending time in graveyards, momentarily making the deceased come to life, ghosts, spirit energy, creatures of the living dead…everything I worked so hard to rip myself apart from.

“That probably wasn’t a good thing to bring up,” Fandral said.

“Loki, no!” I pleaded.

“But no one knows the world of the dead as well as you,” he argued.

“Loki, that was something I dabbled in. I should have never touched it. Do you not remember? All of that spiritual detoxing I had to go through to make myself sane again? We’re not going there again!”

“Avery,” Loki said.

“I’ll go with you as your protector, but I refuse to work with the dead again. Not even these creatures,” I said.

Loki sighed.

“But you will help us?” Thor asked me.

“Of course,” I replied.

Thor nodded and looked to his friends.

“And you guys?” he asked.

“Have we ever let you down?” Fandral asked.

Thor smiled, then turned to Loki.

“Are you with me, brother?” he asked.

Loki took a deep breath.

“Yes,” he said.

Thor grinned. Loki held a finger up.

“However, I will work from the sidelines and away from S.H.I.E.L.D. until absolutely necessary,” he said.

“Fine. Thank-you,” Thor said.

“Don’t thank me yet,” Loki replied, “All of you are dismissed. Ave, come to my chambers for a moment. I need to speak with you.”

I glanced up at Loki. Great. Now I’m in trouble.

Thor and his friends nodded, bowed their heads, then retreated back inside the palace. I timidly followed Loki back inside and to the King’s chambers. Inside was a remarkable and breathtaking room of marble and silver, adorned with Loki’s colors of green and gold, but I didn’t have time to marvel at the room.

“Darling, I was not asking you to perform magic of the dead. All I said was that you knew well of that world and you could be a great help,” he said.

I snorted and walked away from him.

“I fought so hard to get away from that crap,” I spat out, “I became very skilled in it. Too good.”

“Then, why did you stop?” he asked.

I spun around and stared angrily at him.

“I didn’t want to become wicked, Loki!” I shouted at him, “Odin thought I was a monster for a long time. Ever since I came here, probably. He blamed me for using dark magic. He thought I was whoring around on you. He could sense that darkness on me, Loki! I know you can feel it. I stopped doing it because I became to powerful, and it scared me.”

Loki’s facial features were gentle, holding that of sympathy and sadness.

“It brings nothing but evil upon myself and others, working with the dead. I could not bring harm upon Asgard simply because I was flirting with death for my own sick amusement!” I spat out.

“You are certainly not evil, Ave. Everyone has a light and a dark side. Evil is pure darkness. Like what the Chitauri did to me,” he said.

I looked over to him.

“Loki, I went too far with what I did,” I said.

“But don’t you see?” he asked, “You could put that knowledge—that power to great use.”

“The Witch of Death?” I asked, “So people can tack on ‘Dark’ or ‘Wicked’ on there?”

Loki smirked.

“What’s wrong with a little wickedness?” he asked.

I tried to smile, but it failed. Loki walked up to me an put his hands on my shoulders.

“I don’t want to be known as the Wicked Witch of Asagrd or something. You know, like in The Wizard of Oz?”

Loki furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side. I just smiled.

“I’ll show you later,” I said in reply to his expression.

Loki’s confusion faded to a soft smile.

“We could be a wicked little duo. A team like we used to be,” he said.

I laughed.

“Last time I performed wicked acts, it backfired on me. That stuff can control you,” I said.

Loki’s eyes were alight with mischief, his smile reflecting it.

“Not if you control it,” he said.

I stared up at him, not believing a single word. He just smiled at me.

“Come on. We need to perfect our spellwork if we are going to be up against alien forces and S.H.I.E.L.D.”

I smiled at him.

“I guess I don’t have much of a choice in the matter,” I said teasingly.

Loki laughed and began to lead me out of his chambers.

“Not a chance, love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment and subscribe!