Do You Still Love Me

Oh Nien!

The days went by quickly, and sooner then expected, it was July. Also, as the days went by, I realized I hadn't got my period yet. My eyes grew wide and I sprinted up the stairs.

"Emma!?" Bill shouted. He was making me lunch, just as I decided to run up stairs.

"I'll be down in a bit! I just have to pee!" I shouted back. I ran into my room and went through my drawers.

"But there is a bath room down here!" He replied.

"Yea...umm....I like the one up here more!" I pulled out the little boxes containing birth control stuff.

"Ok, hurry up!" Bill said. I'm sure he wasn't buying it at all. He was probably really suspicious.

***

I sat on the floor of the bath room, leaning against tile wall. Above me, next to the sink are four little red pluses. The X of doom!

"Emma?" Some said knocking on the door on the other side.

"Bill, I'll be out in a minute. Hold on." I said, trying to hold back my tears. I heard a clicking, which meant some one was unlocking the door. My eyes widened when the twin came in. It wasn't Bill, it was Tom. He looked at me on the ground. Then he walked over to the sink and stared at the pluses. Then back at me.

"Is this for real?" He asked, gesturing to the sink. I nodded, and my eyes watered up. Tom sighed, and locked the door. He leaned against the wall, and slid down next to me. "It isn't another malfunction?"

"Tom, how could 4 tests all be malfunction. I'm pregnant." I tipped my head back and sighed.

"Well, thats good news for Bill...I think." Tom said, looking at me. I glared at him.

"Maybe for him, but he isn't the one is going to have a screaming pooper come out of his-" I started to say, and getting louder as I spoke.

"Shush! I know that. What are you going to do?" Tom asked. I shrugged.

''I'm going to have it, if thats what you mean.'' I said.

''No, I mean are you going to keep it?'' He asked, and I nodded.

''Of course. I am not going to become a gigantic whale for 9 months only to give is away.'' I snapped. Tom shrinked back a bit.

''When are you going to tell Bill?'' Tom asked. I shrugged, Tom was asking way to many questions. ''Oh, by the way, your mom called a little bit ago. She wants you to call back as soon as possible.''

I nodded. ''Tom...?'' I asked, before he left the bath room. He looked at me, keeping his hand on the door handle. ''You won't tell anyone...right?'' Tom bent down.

''Of course not. I'll let you do the talking.'' And he left the bath room. I smiled to myself, and sighed. I gathered up the tests and brought them to my room. I hadn't slept there in a while. I always sleep with Bill.

I went down stairs and grabbed my cell phone, and dialed my mom. It rang three times before she answered.

"Hello? Emma?" My dad answered.

"Hi dad! How is rehabilitation?" I asked. Remember the car crash? Sadly, I do too.

"I got out a few weeks ago. How is Bill treating you?"

"Oh, just fine. He is really in love with me." I told him. I can just picture him nodding, but still rolling his eyes.

"I'm sure you need to talk to mom?" He asked.

"Yea, I was told that she called."

"Here she is...."

"Emma? Hi sweetie."

"Hi mommy. Whats up?" I giggled.

"Emma, here is your lunch." Bill said, shoving a plate into my arms. I shoot him a dirty look and give him the 'shut up' sign, (Pointer finger against lips.) He raises his hands and backs up a bit.

"Your Grandma, Inge, is throwing a huge 4th of July party, and she is inviting the whole family. Every one from my side is coming. I was hoping you could make it...And Maya will be there! Same with Kassie!" She said. I could see her biting her lip waiting for my answer.

"Umm...yea. Sure, I can make it. I'll get Bill to book me a flight for tomorrow." I smiled. Bill listened in.

"Oh...actually Bill and Tom are invited. My mom said they are part of the family now. She wants to meet them."

"Oh...ok! I'll get them to come too."

"Ok, great. I'll pick you up at the airport. Bye now."

"Bye mom." I smiled into the phone. Bill and Tom looked at me questioningly.

"We're going home!" I giggled. They looked at each other. "4th of July party. Nanna wants you guys to come."

"I'll go call a Jet." Bill said running up the stairs. Tom tapped his fingers on the table.

"What...?" I asked. He stared at the ground.

"Is Maya going to be there?" He asked. I sighed and picked at my sandwich.

"Yea......." I said, digging my nail into the bread. Tom sighed loudly, and we stayed in silence. Then Bill came down.

"We leave on the Jet at 7 am. Then it's an 8 hour flight." Bill giggled, jumping up and down.

"What is your problem?" Tom snapped. He wasn't in the best mood.

"I've never been to a 4th of July party!" He laughed, shaking his hips. At that childish moment, I questioned if he would be a good father. Or if he would leave me...if it was to much responsibility for him.