You Had My Heart At Least for the Most Part

Part 1

“Ready to go?” Matt asked as he walked to his bunk to grab his jacket.

“Yeah.” I nodded and pulled on my blue jacket, walking to the front of the bus. I walked off and strolled towards the car where all the guys were. Matt came out a second later and got in the drivers seat. I sat next to Brian and closed the door shut as Matt started the car. We were all going out to dinner to celebrate the completion of our self titled record.

A few minutes later we reached a nice restaurant on PCH. The five of us got out and walked inside. I ran my fingers through my hair as I followed Matt and the lady to our table. We got seated and I put my elbows on the table, flipping through the menu. “Did you see her?” Brian asked, nodding his head to the lady who seated us. “She’s got an amazing body.” He smirked and turned back to us. “I’d love to see her naked.”

“You’d love to see any girl naked.” Matt laughed and shook his head.

It kind of bothered me how Brian always looked at girls. He didn’t respect any of them at all. All Brian did was have a one night stand with them and completely forget about them the following morning. It angered me slightly. He always liked the same girl as me. But the girls always went for Brian, only to get their hearts broken since they hoped they’d date a rock star.

“Hello.” A girl smiled as she walked over with a notepad in her hand, “my name is Stacy, and I will be your waitress tonight. Can I start you guys off with some drinks?”

“I’ll take a Bud Light.” Matt answered after looking through the list of beers.

“Me too,” I told her without looking at the menu. I have been here so many times, I already know all of their alcoholic beverages by heart.

The rest of the guys gave her their orders and she walked off. “She’s hot too.” Brian smirked.

“You think anything with a vagina is hot.” Johnny laughed looking over the menu.

“No, I don’t think you’re attractive, Johnny.” Brian laughed.

We all laughed and shook our heads. Our drinks came and Brian stopped the girl before she could walk away. “Do you think I could get your number?” He smirked and winked at her.

Matt shook his head as the girl wrote down her number on a napkin and handed it to Brian. “You are such a player man.”

Brian just smirked and put the napkin in his jacket. “I know.”

We all ordered our food and then it came shortly after. “Five months of being in that god damn studio, and it’s all over.” Jimmy laughed.

“Cheers to that.” I laughed and lifted my beer. All the guys did and we clinked our glass against one another’s. I sipped mine and set it back on the table, taking a look around as Matt started talking.

I saw a girl sitting at a table not too far from us. She was very attractive. She was sitting with her friends laughing, and flipping her curly brown hair over her shoulder. She had to be the most attractive girl I have seen in a very long time. Her eyes lit up the room. Corny, but they did. Her eyes were a hazel color, glistening in the dim lighting of the restaurant. She must have noticed me staring cause she caught my eye. I smiled at her and she blushed, smiling also. She looked back at her friend who was talking for a second then looked back at me.

“Who are you looking at?” Matt laughed. I must have been staring for a long time.

“Huh?” I looked at him, ripping my eyes away from the beautiful girl.

“Oh. You’re staring at a girl.” Jimmy smirked. “I can tell.” He turned around in his seat to look around. “Which one is it?”

“No one. I wasn’t staring at a girl,” I lied sipping my beer.

“Lies!” Johnny laughed looking around also.

“Damn she’s hot.” Brian said looking past Jimmy who was sitting in front of him.
I looked at Brian to follow his gaze. Of course. He was staring at the girl I noticed. “Was it her?” Matt asked looking back at me.

“No.” I shook my head and looked down at my food. I couldn’t stop cursing at myself in my mind. I knew this wasn’t going to end well.

“God damn. She is fine as hell. She’s got nice legs.” Brian leaned down a little to look under her table. “I think I found the one,” he laughed.

“Oh come on.” Jimmy laughed. “You couldn’t get someone that hot.”

“Fifty bucks.” Brian held out his hand to shake.

“A hundred.” Jimmy shook Brian’s hand.

“Watch and learn guys.” Brian smirked. “Hey uh, Tracy!” Brian called to the waitress. Her real name was Stacy, but he was too dumb to remember.

“Yes?” She knelt down a little to him. I bet you he enjoyed the view.

“Send a miller light over to that girl at the table with the curly hair.” He slipped a ten dollar bill in her hand.

She nodded and walked off to grab the beer. “God Brian.” Johnny laughed as Stacy walked over to the girl’s table.

She knelt down to the girl and pointed to Brian, who smirked at her. The girl talked to the waitress, and didn’t accept the drink. Now I was smirking. Maybe Brian couldn’t always get what he wanted. “Oh. Denied.” Jimmy laughed.

“Don’t worry,” Brian took a huge sip of his beer and stood up, “I’ll get her.”

I sighed and watched as he walked towards the girl. All of the girls at the table looked up at him as he took a seat at the end of their booth. He wrapped his arm around the girl my eyes were set on. She laughed and looked away from Brian. He nodded towards us and she glanced over at me. What did Brian say?

Then the two of them stood up. Brian’s arm was still around her as they made their way over. “Guys,” Brian smirked, “this is Vanessa.”

“Hey.” All the guys waved except for me. I just smiled a little and looked back down at my food. I fucking hate Brian.

“So where are you from, Vanessa?” Matt asked as she sat down in the chair Brian pulled up for her.

“San Diego.” She smiled sweetly. Her voice was so soft and velvety. I really wished Brian wasn’t so cocky and outgoing, unlike me.

“What brings you to PCH?” Jimmy asked sipping his beer.

“My friends and I are on a road trip.” She smiled, her eyes shifting from each of the guys. When she locked eyes with me, I felt my stomach jolt. I felt like a freaking girl.

“Where’s your destination?” Brian asked.

“Vermont.” She laughed a little.

“East Coast. Nice.” Jimmy nodded.

“Yeah.” She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. Brian leaned over to her and whispered in her ear, causing her to giggle. I looked down and saw his hand moving up her thigh. Disgusted, I looked away. I couldn’t bear to see Brian making a move on the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. He didn’t deserve someone like her. Brian was just going to sleep with her and kick her off the bus. If she was with me, her heart wouldn’t get broken.

Jesus Christ! What was I thinking? This is my best friend I am talking about here! I just can not help but think of how badly he treats girls. I know this is selfish, but girl’s should not be going for Brian. He isn’t one for serious relationships. Sighing, I finished off my beer. I couldn’t take this anymore.

After dinner we all headed back to the bus that was parked in the venue lot. Vanessa stayed back at the restaurant. Maybe Brian wasn’t going to sleep with her? I didn’t let my mind linger on it for too long. I grabbed a bottle of water and got ready for bed. It was late and I knew I needed my rest for the show tomorrow. Just as I was going back to my bunk, I heard a hesitant knock at the front door. I glanced at the clock seeing it was midnight. Confused, I walked to the door and opened it. It was Vanessa. “Hi.” She flashed her white teeth at me.

“Hey. Come in.” I stood aside and let her walk on the bus. Why was she here? Was she here for Brian or for someone else? I watched her as she looked around.

“It’s nice.” she smiled and looked back at me. Her eyes were dazzling. This was the first time I have ever acted like this towards a girl. “Um, is Brian here?” Her question killed me.

“Oh,” I said slightly disappointed, “yeah. He’s in back.”

Right on cue, Brian walked out of the back room in boxers. Typical Brian attire. “Oh, hi Vanessa.” He smirked. Vanessa walked towards him and Brian wrapped his arm around her as they made their way to the back.

I sighed and watched them disappear to the back room. God knows what they were doing back there. It was breaking my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Zacky.