Stay the Night

Five

His lips were soft, pressed hard against mine. His right hand gripped into my neck, pulling me up to his face. I could feel his left hand slide its way down to my lower back. He pressed his palm against me bringing my body closer to his. Instinctually wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss was determined and accurate. The energy raged through my body, it was almost too much to handle as my knees slightly gave way. Jon’s strong hands pulled me even in closer to him, supporting my weight. In my right mind I would’ve stopped, but I couldn’t think. Couldn’t stop, everything seemed so right. My lungs began to ache as I pulled away from Jon. His eyes were still closed, mouth partially opened. I stared up at him catching my breath and my balance. I jumped when his eyes opened to finally look at me.
“I’m sorry,” Jon said breathlessly.
“Why are you sorry?”
“I never do things like this. Kiss a girl after knowing her for just one day.”
I bit my lip, “That doesn’t matter. Do not be sorry.”
“Okay,” Jon muscles relaxed a bit, “we should probably be going. We have people waiting.”
Our arms dropped to our sides, and I grabbed the water bottle off the counter and took a swig. “I’m ready whenever you are,” I said quietly.
“Ummm, let me go grab my wallet and keys,” Jon said as he walked passed me out of the kitchen towards a room that seemed to have a pool table.
I walked back to the living room and grabbed my purse. I looked out side the window one last time, collecting my thoughts. My purse vibrated against my leg. I opened the flap and pulled out my cell phone that was lightening up.
“Hey Rach,” I muttered into the phone.
Rachel’s loud voice screamed over the music that was pulsing in the background, “Cailynn! Where are you? I’m beginning to worry.”
“We are leaving right now,” I yelled back to her.
“Okay good, text me when you get here. This is so much fun.”
“I’m excited. See you soon.”
I turned around to see Jon standing in the hall. His hand was running through his hair, as the other was tucked into the pocket of his pants. “That was Rachel, just seeing where we were.”
“Oh,” he mumbled, “you let them know we are on our way?”
I smiled at him, “Yeah, they seemed to be having fun.”
I tucked my phone into my purse again and walked over to him. A crooked smiled returned to his face, his hand dropping out of his hair. I grabbed his now free hand and squeezed it.
“Shall we go?” Jon beamed at me.
We made our way down to the lobby silently. It was comfortable, never releasing our hands the whole way. The two of us smiled like we were keen on a secret that no one else knew. We would smile and chuckled when we caught each other staring. I had never felt like this before. I never had school girl crushes, a sweet heart, or whatever most girls have by the time they are 22. Consider my self a rational person. Never allowing my feelings to interfere with how I related to others. What has this man done to me? Just a few hours ago I appreciated him for his athletic ability, and here I am only thinking about what is under that plaid shirt. My heels were the only noise in the dead lobby. Jeff, the door man, was seated at a desk right by the front door. Jon smiled at him, causing Jeff to pop up and step outside.
“Do you ever feel spoiled?” I said quietly to Jon.
“All the time.”
As we stepped into the cold night air, I caught groups of people staring at us. They were probably trying to see what rich person lived in this building and owned this car. A man recognized Jon and yelled that he had played well that night. Jon waved, saying thanks as he opened the door again for me. I was almost sure the whole time I had been with Jonathan I had not opened a single door. The streets were busy on our ride to the club, but Jon wormed his way in and out of traffic. We pulled up in front of the club, this time no one recognized Jon as he handed his keys to the Valet and we walked passed the line. Taking the elevator up to the roof of the building, the music was loud as we stepped out. All the floor space was packed. I looked around for any signs of a Blackhawk player or Rachel, but it was hard at my height. Jon knew where they would be, pulling me along behind him. We walked up some steps of a platform, that seemed to be for VIP only. I guess with an athlete I’m VIP now. The platform was filled with chairs and coaches. A sexy dressed waitress excused herself as she walked by caring a few bottles of liquor. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Rachel standing on coaches next to Kane singing and dancing. Brent was at the railing with his fiance, Dayna screaming at the crowd. Jon pulled me close and we walked over to the group. Everyone cheered when they spotted us coming up. Rachel jumped down and wrapped me in a big hug.
“Where have you been,” she screamed over the music.
“We took longer at Jon’s then expect.”
She pulled back to look at me, giving me a curious look.
“I’ll explain later,” I laughed.
Jon was standing by the table with Hjalmarsson pouring some drinks. I made my way over, leaning in to see what they were doing. “Would you like a drink?” Niklas asked.
“Of course!”
Jon quickly mixed two rum and cokes, handing me one. “Cheers,” Jon clinked his glass against mine.
“Cheers.”
I walked over to Rachel dancing on the couch again, reaching my hand up so Kane would help me up. Benny Benassi Skrillex Remix - Cinema came on, causing Rachel and I to freak out. We moved along our body along with the music, lip singing to the words. I caught Jon smiling at me. I hopped down, pulling him close to me. With my hands on his hips I moved him along to the music. I move my hands up to his biceps and his arms wrapped around my hips bring me into him. I sipped on my drink. Didn’t know whether it was from the alcohol or dancing with Jonathan, but my body buzzed. The song changed, but we continued dancing. I looked into Jon’s brown eyes, my body ached to kiss him again. Jon’s muscles tensed as I moved my right hand onto his chest. I bit down on my lip hard, doing my best to control myself.
“Do it!” I hear a few voices yell. I look over to see Kruger, Smith, and Kane staring at us. They punched their hands into the air. I looked back at Jon.
“I’m sorry,” Jon shook his head at his team mates.
I smiled, grabbing his neck I pulled him into a kiss. Again, my body raged with lust. I heard hollering around us but I didn’t mind it. Jon kissed back forcefully. I got lost in the kiss, my body leaned against his for support as my knees pretty much gave way. I pulled back, trying to get air into my lungs. Jon opened his eyes and downed his drink.
I stepped back, “Excuse me.” Grabbing Rachel’s hand as I pulled her long with me to the bathroom.
“Oh my god,” Rachel coughed out, “what was that?”
“Our second kiss,” I said walking over to the sink.
“Wait, your second kiss? That was hot!”
I stared down at the running water, “I’ve never felt like this for a guy, ever.”
“Are you okay?”
“I don’t know. Nothing make sense. Like I’m worried that I’m just wrapped up in this whole night. None of this is real, is it?”
“Cailynn, nothing about that looked faked.”
I looked up a Rachel in the mirror, “I really like him.”
“Its obvious,” she laughed, pulling out some lip gloss and powder.
“What should I do now?”
“I advise you go out there, and down another drink. Enjoy this night for what it is, amazing.” I laughed at her bluntness. “You have a hot, sexy athlete that wants to spoil and make out with you. Why are you complaining?”
“True.”
“So, like I said, go have a drink and loosen up.”
I replied my lip gloss, fluffed my hair and then fallowed Rachel out of the restroom. When I reached the top of the steps Kane pulled me over to make me another drink. I made a strong drink, which was respectable enough to the boys earning me high fives. I sipped on my drink and looked around for Jon.
“Cailynn,” I turned to see that it was Brent calling my name.
“Hey whats up?”
He stumbled over to me, “Be kind to him, he doesn’t do this shit very often.”
“What shit?” I giggled at his slurred speech.
“Open up.”
Brent then walked away from me toward the couches. There sitting was Jon. A girl on each side. My stomach entered my throat as the two girls talking to him. He didn’t seem comfortable, but Jon was not pushing them away. Jon caught me staring and waved me over to him. When I got over, the girl to his right made space for me to sit. I smiled weakly at them, confused on what was going on. His arm wrapped loosely around my shoulders. “I want to introduce you to some of the girls.”
Each smiled sweetly at me and introduced themselves as Sylvie, Crawford’s girlfriend, and Chaunette, Shaw’s girlfriend. I guess before I had joined them the girls were trying to get information from Jon. They seemed very sweet, and very curious to know more about me. I told them about where I went to school, and that I was from the suburbs of Chicago. I was trying my best to be welcoming and nice, since most girls and I didn’t get along. Yet, I was careful not to reveal too much of myself right away.
Sylvie grabbed my hand and said, “Well, I think you stumbled upon a great girl here.”
“Ah, your sweet,” I smiled back at her. “If you excuse me ladies, I’m going to refresh my drink. It was so nice to meet you.”
Jon stood up with me, “I’ll go with you.”
I thanked the girls again and began to walk to the table with all the drinks, with Jon close behind me. Jon did his best to talk over the music being played, “I’m so sorry if you felt ambushed.”
“No, it was fine. I didn’t feel ambushed at all.”
“Okay, it’s just... they are really protective of who the guys date,” his eyebrow scrunched together. “The WAGS are like a team of their own. They are very selective who they invite in, and who they totally ignore.”
I chewed on my lip, “Do you think they actually liked me?’
“Yeah, don’t worried they like you. I’m sure.”
We spent about an hour more at the bar. I spent most of the time getting the know the different team members, their girlfriends, and friends of everyone. I had always been so poor at remember names, I felt so my pressure to get to know everyone. Every now and then I would check up on Rachel, who was too busy partying to really spend anytime with me. She had always been the life of the party, while I had no problem sitting down and enjoying some conversation. After some time I felt my body to begin to get tired.
“Hey, how are you doing?” Jon’s big hands squeezed my shoulders lightly.
I turned, and looked up into his brown eyes, “To be honest... I’m tired.”
He chuckled and nodded his head. “Me too.”
“Thank God, I’m not the only one.”
“Believe me I can party with the best of them, but, I’m just so exhausted,” he seemed so relieved. “How about I escort you home?”
“That would be nice,” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone reading!! I'm surprised that so many seem to enjoy it enough to keep reading each chapter I post. Thank you!
I have a lot prewritten, so, there should be a steady update for awhile. Crossing my fingers I don't get writers block.
Thanks again for reading!