Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 18 - Starstruck

Matthew dialed again. His lead guitarist had been M.I.A the whole day. With schedule piling up, they just couldn’t move on without Synyster Gates around. Luckily they only had signing today so they can cancel it at the last minute.

A minute later, Zacky’s silver Audi arrived at his house and parked. He rushed to the front.
“Did you find him?”
Zacky went out of his car and slammed the door.
“No, man. He’s not home.”
“Maybe he’s on a date or something.” Jimmy suddenly suggested, while eating a carrot.
“What do you mean? A date with who?”
Jimmy shrugged, then walked towards the TV and turned it on.
“Come on, man. He’s a hot and healthy guy. He’s probably dating 15 girls at once.” Said Johnny who was sitting on the couch, smoking.

Matthew sighed. As a leader of the band, he always reminds them to be disciplined, no matter how much shit they get or how many fans they have. Brian had always been the most disciplined, always punctual with times, always there when they needed him. But today, nobody knows where he went.

“I gotta call that manager. He’d be fucking pissed with us.”

“Relax, it’s only a goddamn signing.” Suddenly a voice interrupted, and all four of them looked over to the door.

Brian walked in, lazily.

“Where the fuck were you Syn?”
Brian crashed himself onto the couch next to Johnny.
“Out fucking.” He replied, casually. Well, technically he didn’t lie.
“Where? At the beach?” Jimmy guessed, bullseye.

Brian looked down at the bottom of his jeans. There were traces of white sands everywhere. Lazily dusting them off, he just grinned and wiggled his eyebrows at Jimmy.

Matthew shook his head. He gave up trying to find someone for Brian to settle down.

“Get dressed, the signing’s in 15 minutes.”

******************************************************************************************************

“Dude, were you really out, fucking?” Zacky asked Brian in a low voice while signing posters and CDs for their fans.

Brian grinned and raised his eyebrows. “Uh huh.”

His hands were busy too, signing off stuff people handed over to him.

“You motherfucking badass. How did you do it?”
Brian snorted. “You really wanna know how? Like the positions and stuff?”
“Dude no! I mean how did you get so many girls to like you?”

Brian smirked and shrugged. He was fully aware of his hotness. But what Zacky didn’t know was, today he spent all of his hotness to one girl only.

“Didn’t you have girls throwing themselves at you Zacky? You have a lot more female fans than me. Here you go, thank you.” Brian and Zacky had their conversation while entertaining a long line of fans in front of them.

Zacky smirked. That was quite true actually. Eventhough Brian is the hottest member in the band, aside from the leader himself, Zacky is the most favorite.

“I’m not the one who casually been ‘out fucking’.”

Brian smiled. He hadn’t fucked around since they were in the recording process of City of Evil. He was too busy writing music. And Michelle alone was enough distraction for him.

“Well, fortunately for me you didn’t come to the interview this morning.” Zacky said this while smiling at the last fan who gave him her CD to sign.

Brian frowned, his hands still busy writing off his own name on a bunch of random stuff.
“Why?”
“The interviewer was a girl. She’s so cute. I asked her out. But if you were there, I don’t even have a fucking chance.”
Brian smiled. “Well, good for you then. When are you going out with her?”
“This Saturday.”

“Wow, do you guys always talked about girls, all the time?”
Both Zacky and Brian looked up to the voice. They thought that it was one of the fans who said it, but Zacky’s jaw dropped into a slow smile and Brian didn’t understand why.
“Tona. I thought you’re at NZ, interviewing Slipknot?”
“I was. I did. They were awesome. But still I don’t know who’s who.”
Zacky laughed and rubbed his neck. “How did you know we’re here?”
“Heard it over KROQ. My workplace is really not far from here.” She explained, handed out her copy of City of Evil to Zacky and he signed right away.
Dearest Tona, looking forward to this Saturday. Zacky V. XOXO

Brian glanced over at the CD that he was signing. So this is the girl that he was talking about. Not bad, he thought.
Tona smiled brightly when she took the CD back and read it.
“Me too, Zacky.”
Zacky smiled at her again.
“Have you always been our fan, Tona…is it?” Brian suddenly asked when he saw that both of them squirming like they had nothing better to do.
“Yeah. But my job required me to not be so starstruck.”
“Heh, by the looks of it, you are starstruck right now.”
“Well, I’m not on the job right now. Hey, I’ve interviewed you before, Syn. Don’t you remember me?”
Brian’s eyes narrowed, trying to remember. There were a lot of reporters interviewed him in the past.
“No, I would have remembered meeting someone as cute as-”
“Uh, do you wanna hang with us after this? I’ll introduce you to the rest of the band.” Zacky cut off suddenly. He was afraid that Brian might snatched Tona away from him. Oh, he wouldn’t let that happen!

Brian on the other hand, knew him too well. He just smiled at his reaction.

“I’d love to, but I gotta run. I have to develop some films of the photographs I took at NZ. See you this Saturday, Zacky!”

Zacky sighing, a bit disappointed and watched her until she was missing into the crowd.

******************************************************************************************************

Michelle was practically swooning over, remembering every moments she shared with Brian. In just one day, that guy had invaded her mind and refused to leave. She moved around the kitchen happily while her own City of Evil CD blasted through the stereo.

They had their first date at the beach. What more could she ask for? Brian was so romantic and flirty towards her. The butterflies in her stomach never failed to emerge whenever she crossed a thought about him.

“Wow, Michelle! Look at you!”
Michelle startled. She turned around and Valerie was standing behind her, hands on her hips.
“You’re home early.” She casually went over to her pot of chicken soup, ignoring her sister’s staring.
“Don’t mind me. Since when did you become their fan?”
“I’m just getting to know their music, okay. There are still a few songs that I didn’t like.”
“Like what?”
She couldn’t think of anything. She loved all songs in City of Evil. The sole reason was of course all of Synyster Gates’ solo.
“I knew you’d come around. So how the date went last night?”
Michelle had almost forgot. Daniel.
“Um, Val. He was nice and all, but…I don’t think I’ll ever-”
“Ever what? Be ready? Is this about Gerard again?”
“What? No!”
“I think it is. You pushed Brian away once, now you’re pushing this innocent and great guy away too?”

Michelle sighed. When will her sister ever stop trying to pair her with some guys?

“Look, Val. I don’t want you, or Matt, to ever again try to pair me up with some guy. I’m happy the way I am, and soon I’ll naturally found myself someone I want to share my life with. Please respect that.”

Valarie narrowed her eyes, and finally gave in.

“Fine. Whatever you say Michelle. We just wanted you to be happy. Although Matt still feel there’s something going on between you and Brian.”
Michelle let out a nervous laugh.
“Him? We would just end up fighting! No way, Val.”
Valerie shrugged. “Just sayin.”
Michelle turned around to her pot of soup again, and grinning. She wondered for how long they can actually fool Valerie and Matthew.
“Anyway, I have news! I ‘m going to be in their music video for Seize The Day!”
Michelle turned back to look at her. “What?”
“Yeah, and I’m going to meet them tonight. Along with the director for the video. You’re coming?”
“Seriously? What are you going to be in there?”
“Well, I dunno yet. But Matt told me to come and discuss tonight.”

Michelle raised her eyebrow. Brian didn’t say anything about this to her. Well that was probably nothing to tell anyway. Maybe he figured sooner or later Valerie would tell her.

“Wow. You’re gonna be on tv.”
Valerie laughed. “Mich, my face is all over the fucking internet right now.”
“That’s not the same. You being M. Shadows girlfriend, is something that I don’t care.”
“Hey!”
“But you being in a music video for fucking Seize The Day, is something that…oh my God I envy you.”

Valerie narrowed her eyes again. “Are you being sarcastic right now? I swear to God, Michelle. You’ve really have outgrown your sarcasm.” Then she went upstairs.

Michelle shook her head. Seize The Day was really her favorite song and she really envied Valerie for being able to be in the video. How she wished she would be Brian’s girlfriend openly.
But first and foremost, she didn’t want to draw any attention to herself, like what Valerie had done. She allowed paparazzi to take pictures of her with Matt, pictures of her leaving for work and so forth. Michelle would never dreamed of doing that eventhough Brian and her was technically pretty much in love with each other.

What would Brian’s fans think about her? Will they hate her? Or thought that she’s pretty and cool just like those two fans they met 2 weeks ago?

Suddenly her phone vibrated on the island counter.

A text from Brian. Finally he asked for her phone number earlier after their date. What an unorthodox way to start a relationship, right? Declared dating first – fight – kiss – fight again – have sex 3 times – first date – phone number exchange. Brian was doing this backflip style.

Hey babe, whatcha doing?

She replied immediately.
Heyy. Just cooking. You ate?

Him too, replied almost instantly.
Yeeah. But I’m hungry again. For you.

She grinned widely. Glancing around for signs of Valerie, she replied.

Then come over and eat me.

She bit her lip while sending the text over to him.

But this time she had to wait for his reply because he took a little bit longer than she expected. Maybe he was busy, or maybe he was too excited that he actually came over. Oh but Valerie’s here! How will she get rid of her…?