Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 20 - For Old Time's Sake

Image

Brian was surprisingly calm in front of Maya. The girl who once ruined his career, and his life. She evolved even hotter, but Brian couldn’t care less.

“Did you miss me?” she started. He wasn’t even looking at her, he just ignored the question and coldly looked away.
“I missed you, Syn. We were so good together. I -”
“Just say what you have to say and leave me the fuck alone.”

Maya blinked. The monster in Brian have really awakened.

“Okay. I’ll go straight to my point. I still love you. I can’t forget about you. I am sorry for leaving, I tried to find you but you were gone.”

Brian smirked. “You lying bitch. You were the one who told me that I was only a junk-”
“I lied! I lied back then. You weren’t a junk. I lied because I wanted you to get away from me. I’m a bad influence to you, Syn!”

Brian frowned. His mind was so messed up that he couldn’t think of anything but images of their pretty little relationship 2 years ago.

“I turned you into a junkie. I should have never gave you that meth. I was so scared when you got arrested. I ran away, didn’t know what to do!”
“Bullshit. You slut around when I was doing my time.”
“I didn’t! Lars…he…well, he gave me money. So that I can buy myself my own drugs. Please believe me!”

Brian got confused. He closed his eyes, trying to digest all of that into his brain. When he finally opened them, he looked at her with his eyes piercing.

“What do you want from me now?”
“I want you back, Syn.”
Brian raised his eyebrows. His head spinning, torn between past and present. Presently he has Michelle in his heart, but the past still dwelled in his mind and it refused to let go.
“No way. I already met someone.”

Maya’s jaw dropped. She knew she shouldn’t push her luck today. From the point she gathered her courage to go over to Avenged Sevenfold signing event and talked to this man, she knew it. Brian must have met someone else already. Someone better. Not a junkie like her.

“I see. No wonder you seem so happy.”
Brian still stared at her. His emotion unreadable.
“Can I meet her?”
He frowned. Actually considering that request.
“Why?” he simply asked.
“I want her to know that she is so damn lucky. And I want to tell her to not fuck this up.”
“Don’t worry, she already knew that.”
Maya smiled bitterly. “I bet she did. But I insist. Please, Syn? For old time sake?”

Brian narrowed his eyes to her. He can feel it in his guts that he was going to regret this, but nevertheless he reached for his phone and dialed Michelle’s number.

******************************************************************************************************

Michelle slowly walked into Valerie’s room, peeking. She saw Valerie sat on the floor with a big box in her hands.

“Whatcha doing, Val?”
Valerie turned to her and smiled.
“Come here, look at these.”

Michelle approached her and saw there were polaroids scattered on the floor. She took a good look at them and realized that they were all polaroids and photos of Avenged Sevenfold. Well, mainly Matthew’s face in close up.

“Wow, stalker much?” she commented while picking up a picture of them in the bus, being drunk. Valerie laughed.
“I love taking pictures of them. They are so adorable. Look at Johnny here,” she pointed at the picture that Michelle was holding.

Image

In the photo, Johnny did some terrible action. He rubbed his crotch with a piece of towel and danced. Zacky looked at the camera awkwardly. Both Brian and Jimmy looked like they were singing some Irish drinking song at the time.

Michelle laughed hard looking at the photo. She could already imagine the situation. Johnny was so silly when he was drunk.

“You are really into this guy, huh Val.” Michelle put down the picture and reached for a photo of Matthew smiling, showing off his dimples on both sides of his cheek.

“Are you kidding? I’m in love with him! And so does he. Well, I hope.”
Michelle frowned at her. Haven’t they always been together, promising each other love and what not?
“I thought he does love you. What happened?”
Valerie sighed. “I dunno. I feel insecure. I told him every single day that I love him. But he never told me back.”

Michelle raised her eyebrows. She never thought of it that way towards Brian, her newfound love. Well, she did tell him this morning that she loved him. He didn’t reply, instead he just hugged and kissed her forehead. It didn’t matter much at the time. But now…

“I’m afraid he will one day leave me. Maybe I’m just another fan girl to him. Another fun thing to do when he was bored.”
“No! It didn’t seem that way. He loves you, Val. I can see it. You guys are adorable. Everyone wants to end up like you. You’re like a Cinderella in the heavy metal world.”
Valerie chuckled. “Now you’re just exaggerating.”
“I’m not! Ask anyone! They will tell you the same thing.”
“Then why didn’t he tell me that he loves me yet?”

Michelle couldn’t answer that. As for Brian, she might have a slight clue as of why he didn’t reply her this morning. He has his baggage of trust issue, but Matthew was something else.

“Just, give it time. He’ll come around. You know rock stars. Always with their egos and whatever.”
Valerie rolled her eyes. “Yeah, you would know. You’ve been with Gerard for 3 years.”
Michelle clenched her jaw. Valerie liked to bring up Gerard occasionally in her conversation and she hated it.
“Don’t bring that up, Val.”
“I can’t help it. I love MCR.”
Michelle closed her eyes. She didn’t want to even hear his band’s name.
Her phone rang downstairs and she thanked God that she could run away from this topic. Hastily she ran downstairs and reached for her phone. It was Brian.

******************************************************************************************************

Michelle drove her blue Volkswagen with butterflies in her stomach. She was going to meet them at the meeting anyway, but Brian called her out to meet somewhere else. So she asked Valerie to go to the meeting first and she will show up later. Valerie asked why, she just told her that she needed to stop by the Hellwin store to pick up something.

She didn’t have any role to do in the MV anyway. When she finally parked the car, she saw Brian was sitting at the outdoor part of the cafe with his aviator on and he looked like he was talking to someone. He was smiling.

When Michelle finally drew closer to him, she saw that he was talking to a woman. Straight jet black hair, eyes so round, wearing a white shirt with some handwritings on it, a pair of black hotpants and her knee length leather boots hugged her skinny legs perfectly. She was drop-dead gorgeous. Michelle wondered who she was.

Brian turned to Michelle, stood up and the girl followed. The girl took one look at her, and she smirked. The kind of smirk that Brian always wear. When she thought about it, the girl looked a lot like Brian. Actually, she looked like pieces of Brian. She had her sleeve tattoos too, hiding underneath her shirt and she wore dark-deep black eyeliner, just like Brian.

“Hey Michelle. This is Maya. My-”

Brian didn’t finish his sentence. He couldn’t. That girl, Maya, pulled him closer so quickly, in one swift move, and kissed him passionately. She was eating his face and Brian just stood there, stunned.

Michelle froze, her feet won’t move. Her mind, a blank canvas. Her heart dropped right there.
Brian finally came to his senses and pushed Maya roughly. He quickly glanced at Michelle. But Michelle just shook her head and slowly backing away.

“Michelle! It didn’t..I didn’t!! We’re not..!!” he stuttered. In his mind he cursed so much but there were no words escaping from his mouth to really defend himself.

Michelle turned around and ran to her car. Brian chased behind her. It was raining heavily, like the universe understood her feeling right at the moment. She went safely into her car and locked. She was crying so much that she couldn’t hear shit around her. Brian knocked on her window, his body drenched in the rain.

“Michelle! Please! Hear me out first!! Michelle!!” he begged. But Michelle was temporarily deaf. She was so confused, broken hearted, angry and sad all at the same time that she felt like vomiting. She reversed her car, stepped on the gas and drove away. Away from Brian and his gorgeous little bitch.

“WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?!”
“She’s uglier than me, Syn. You deserve better. I still want you back!”

He raised his right hand, ready to punch her across her face, but stopped midway and yelled out in frustration instead.

“DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE COME TO ME AGAIN. OR I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!”

Brian stormed away, got into his own BMW and drove away to chase Michelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)