Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 32 - 9th February

Jimmy took a sip from his glass of water after two pills of Vallium went down his throat. His chest still feels the burn every now and then. Even when they were on stage, performing. At times like these he will recall the memories of people that he loved. Brian, his best friend since 6th Grade, Matthew and Zacky who he met in high school, and Johnny who later befriended him after a long time of fight and hatred. Those are the friendships that he would never sell away.

He chuckled to himself in front of the bathroom mirror at their hotel in Leeds, England. They just got here a few days ago and this Friday night they will be joining the Reading Festival as a guest artist.

His thoughts flew over randomly to the twins back at home. Valerie and Michelle. He wished they were here; he loved both of them, especially Michelle. She and Brian are the most adorable couple he’d ever seen, he hoped that nothing will stand between them anymore. They have been through a lot of fights and a lot of make ups.

He will do anything to have a serious relationship with somebody. Somebody that he feels attracted to, somebody named Leana.

Gosh, the woman had the most beautiful smile. Plus she had a kid! And Jimmy loved kids!

Michelle texted him her number while they were on the first week of their tour in Germany. He was surprised, not knowing what to do.

I know you like her. Just say hi. –M
God you’re turning into Val now. – J
LOL am I? Bitch we’re twins –M

Jimmy still remembered how awkward it was to call her in the backstage, just 15 minutes before they went on. But Leana sounded happy. She laughed at his jokes, and she wished him good luck too. Until now they have been texting and calling, but still in terms of friends.

“Rev, you’re in there? Are you okay?” Zacky knocked the bathroom door. He jumped a little, then he gathered his prescriptions and put them away in his backpack.
“Yeah, just a minute dude.”
“Hurry up, nature calls.”
When he opened up the door, he was stunned.

“SURPRISE!!!”

His eyes bulged; his jaw opened wide watching so many people in their room. His heart pumping fast but he managed to control it. He took a good look at each of them. Brian was the closest to him, holding a beer in his hand, clapping and shouting. Matthew, Johnny and Zacky too were shouting but in his head it all happened in slow motion. He didn’t understand what the occasion was. But then he saw Valerie and Michelle. Faces that he missed so much.

“Holy shit, Michelle! Val! You’re here?!” he suddenly spoke after a second of digesting what was happening. He saw Michelle was holding a cake with a lot of candles on it.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY!!” the yelled in unison.

“Is it February already?” he asked, couldn’t believe how much busy he got that he actually lost track of time.

“Come on man, blow the fucking candles!”

He looked around again, before making his wish. Everybody he knew and loved were there. Jason and Matt Berry, their technicians, Justin the audio engineer, Larry Jacobson the manager, just everybody. Everybody but one.

So he wished she was here.

He blew the candle away and they shouted again. Celebrating his 26th birthday in England was something he would never imagine. Usually his mom would make him a cake and they will celebrate at Johnny’s Bar in their hometown and play pool and get drunk all night. Loud music of Avenged Sevenfold blared through somebody’s speaker, and they were practically having a party in a bedroom suite. He wondered mindlessly, can they really do that in a hotel? But then again, they were at the Reading Festival, one of the wildest music festivals ever. So who gives a fuck?

“Happy birthday dude! Getting old!” Matt hugged him first.
“Dude, fuck you’re tall. May you grow even taller this year! Cheers!” followed by Johnny, who else.
“Rev, happy birthday and may you live a healthy life ahead.” Zacky wished him and so did his girlfriend.
“Happy birthday Jimmy. You’re my favorite drummer ever.”
“Thanks guys! I wish you guys stay happy and fuck you all, I’m 26 now!! Woohooo!!”

Jimmy screamed and the crowd followed. Soon they were all dispersed and having fun on their own. Then seconds later Jimmy saw Valerie walked towards him with both of her hands behind her back.

“Jimmy, I missed you! Happy birthday and go find yourself a girlfriend!” Valerie smeared a piece of cake on his face. He groaned and resisted.
“Fuck you Val!!” he yelled at her. Valerie laughed and ran away from him. He was about to chase her when Brian suddenly stepped in front of him.
“What do you want now?”
“Jimmy, dude. I’ve known you my whole life. You’re like a brother to me. Happy birthday and may you live a long life!” Brian hugged him suddenly. He hugged him tightly back.
“Aw, thanks Brian. Love you dude.”
“Love you too. Take this motherfucker!!” Brian then slammed a handful of cake into his face and smeared it with his bare hands.
“Aghhhh you son of a bitch!!”

The crowds in the room were laughing their asses off watching Jimmy struggled with Brian shoving off cakes in his face.

“Don’t make me catch you, Haner! I’ll scissor you to death if I do!”

Brian continued laughing and went hiding behind Michelle. Michelle was talking to somebody, and Jimmy couldn’t see clearly because his glasses were stained by traces of cakes. He wiped off the stain and smiled brightly at Michelle.

“Hi Mich. Glad you came!”
“Jimmy, I would hug you but you’re full of cakes right now.”
“Yeah, thanks to your asshole of a boyfriend! I don’t fucking care, come hug me now! I missed you!”
Jimmy quickly pulled her into a tight and breathtaking hug and Michelle’s clothes were also contaminated by the cakes.
“Aww Jimmy you ruined my good clothes!”
“I don’t care bitch!”
Michelle hugged him back, finally.
“Hey, Rev. That’s my girlfriend right there. Don’t hug her too long.”
Jimmy let her go immediately and Brian protectively took her hands by his side.
“You both are my best friends, I fucking love you guys.”
Then the three of them hugged each other, before Matt, Zacky, Johnny and Valerie soon joined in. The crowd in the room awed watching how close they were.

Soon while they were hugging, Jimmy suddenly broke apart. He saw something in front of him. It was blurry out of stained sights but he couldn’t believe what he saw.

Leana stood in front of him, smiling awkwardly. She looked totally out of place. A single mom, holding a baby girl in her arms in a loud party like this. But she looked beautiful. Jimmy walked over to her, his surroundings suddenly disappeared. Only him and Leana across the room.

“Hi.”
“Hi James.”
God he loved hearing her calling his real name. He sighed happily. His birthday wish was granted.
“How’s Zoey doing?”
“She’s enjoying this song.” She smiled down at her baby. Bat Country was blaring through the speaker and Zoey’s eyes and mouth opened wide listening to it.
“Aw look at her hands, they’re so tiny!” He held Zoey’s hands and played with it. Leana laughed.
“You’ll scare her with a face like that, James.”
“Oh shi-I mean shoot, I better wash my face then.”

Jimmy then ran over to the bathroom, and not long after that Michelle came over to her with Brian and the guys.

“How is she doing? Is she okay? Sorry I didn’t know the party would be this loud. I thought it was going to be just us.”
“That’s okay. I think Zoey loves your music.” Leana addressed it to Brian. He smiled and made funny faces at the baby.
“Anyway Leana, this is Brian. My boyfriend.”
“Hey, we’ve met a couple of months back…at the grocery store.”
“Yeah I remember.”
“And this is Matt, Val’s fiancée.”
“Oh I see! So this is the guy who made her glow everyday huh?”
Matt smiled and showed off his dimples.
“She did?” he looked at Valerie who was now smiling shyly.
“Hell yeah. She couldn’t wait to plan the wedding.”
“Lea!” Valerie whispered and glared at her, telling her not to spill everything. But it was too late. Matt laughed and kissed her forehead.
“This is Johnny, and this is Zacky and his grilfriend, Tona.”
Leana shook all of their hands. She felt like she was standing in a completely different world right now.
“I love babies. Can I hold her?” Johnny suddenly stepped in front of Leana and asked this.
“Er, sure. Just don’t let her fall.”
“I won’t. I have a nephew that I took care of all the time.”

Johnny took Zoey from Leana’s arms and the baby immediately liked him. They all watched as Zoey played with his stubble and lip ring and he played peek-a-boo with her.

“So, Lea. What do you do?” Matthew turned and asked casually while sipping off his beer.
“Right now I’m a bartender.”
“A bartender? Where?”
“The Black Horn, in Glendale. The same bar that Val and Michelle used to regular.”
“You guys have to take us drink there, sometime. And we want you to bartend us!” Zacky insisted and they all agreed. Leana smiled and agreed eventually.

“I’m back bitches-oops, I mean, babies!” Jimmy was searching for Zoey, with his hands on his mouth, covering his cuss words.
“Where’s Zoey?”
“Johnny took her.” Michelle pointed to Johnny who was now offering silly junk food to Zoey.
“You son of a- gun! Give me back my baby!” Jimmy ran to Johnny, trying to take Zoey back.

Leana swore her heart pumped like crazy when Jimmy called Zoey like that. She wasn’t sure whether she was ready to date again, after so many failed dates and the death of her husband. She came here mindlessly, following the twins when they asked her to come along. Michelle, above all insisted that she followed. They have planned something for Jimmy, she claimed. After hearing Jimmy’s name, she immediately agreed.

Now here she was with her daughter, strangers to this wild and loud world.

“I reclaimed your princess, milady. Am I not your knight in shining armor?” Jimmy strutted towards her holding Zoey in his arms.

Leana looked up to him. Her heart fluttered. Not sure of what this makes of her but she didn’t care anymore. She raised her arms, took Jimmy’s face closer and kissed him on the lips. Jimmy was shocked, he had to bend down because he was so much taller. But seconds after he stunned in the kiss, he kissed her back, opening his mouth for her tongue to explore. The scene was witnessed by an innocent baby. It was an innocent scene too.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)