Status: in progress

From Russia with Love

Smells like home

“Sid, I’m sorry. This is my fault—“ I started walking towards him, he wore a dark look on his face.

“He’s a grown ass man. Don’t you dare make excuses for him.” He said harshly. I looked over to Geno still standing by the door and he was conflicted. He looked like he wanted to be sorry, but he wasn’t.

“Geno, how the fuck are we going to explain how Nealer has a fucking black eye, busted lip, and bruises all over?!” he yelled.

“I no care how. Is not my business,” He said angrily, brushing past Sid and putting an arm around me.

“It is your fucking business!”

“I no care Sid. I not sorry and I do again if have chance. He is what you call tattle tail? Tell you I hit him, not tell you what he do to Ali? If you have girlfriend you let him touch? No get mad? No hit him until he beg to stop? Do what you and staff tell you to do. If scratch me, fine I no care. I not sorry.” He said seething.

Sid’s eyes softened. “What did he do to her?” he asked looking between us.

“She say he hit on, grab chest.” He explained, he kissed my head softly and rubbed my back.

“Is that true?” Sid asked, still unsure. I looked down embarrassed then nodded.

“Well, you still need to control your anger, G” He said simply before heading for the door.

“That’s it?” I squeaked, a little scared of Sid.

“I wouldn’t let him get away with doing that to my girlfriend.” He said simply before leaving. I waved him off, completely surprised that he wasn’t going to do more to Geno.

“Hey, Let’s be happy okay. Have fun. What you want do? Kennywood? Is not too cold.” He said wrapping his arms around me from behind. I rested my head on his chest as he kissed my temple.

“Yeah. Kennywood would be fun.” I said a little less excited than I meant.

“Many rides, make smile.” He cooed into my ear. I nodded before turning and kissing him.

**************************

21 dollars and a very sweaty Russian later I finally had a giant blue teddy bear. Geno had been trying for quite some time and no matter how many times I told him he didn’t have to keep going, he refused to stop.

“Game is rigged” he sneered to the operator while handing me my toy.

“You didn’t have to Geno.” I said apologetically, squeezing the bear tight.

“Is okay. Is what boyfriend do.” He smiled kissing my forehead. “Want food? No go dinner in long time.” He asked holding my hand and walking through the park with me.

“Actually I want to make you dinner.” I smiled knowing how happy it would make him, also how surprised he’d be at what I was making.

“Really? I love food you make. Not have home cook in long time. You busy study and Natasha bad cook. Almost get sick.” He laughed. I instantly froze.

“G, we uh…we did it on the couch earlier. Do you know where she was?” I said, I’m sure looking like a dear in headlights.

“No worry, she take kids to park. Always stay a long time on Sunday morning. No find a church she like so she read to baby in park.” He said reassuring me. I took a deep breath and relaxed a little. We got out of the gate and headed towards the parking lot. I looked at Geno and smirked.

“Last one there is a rotten egg!” I yelled running to the car. The stuffed bear was not only huge, but not aerodynamic in the least bit. After the slight look of confusion on his face faded he began to run too. He passed me and stuck his tongue out at me.

“How did you even know what that meant?” I laughed huffing and puffing.

“I not stupid.” He said slapping my ass while I was hunched over.

“Gonchar kids play with American kids, used to play with me.” He explained with this arms crossed staring at me.

“You need do more cardio if that make tired. Maybe do more with me when get home. Burn lot of calories.” He winked

“Maybe for desert.” I smiled stuffing the big toy into the back seat.

Once we got home I forced Geno to watch some tv and play with his nephews while I cooked.

“What you make?” Natasha asked me, entering the kitchen.

“Im going to try to make Borscht and Kazakh noodles” I smiled.

“Kazakh noodles are his favorite, but hard to make. You need help?” she asked. I nodded quickly and she began to prepare the flour. After about a half hour cooking Geno started to catch on. Not leaving the boys to themselves he yelled to the kitchen.

“ALI WHAT YOU MAKING? IT SMELLS LIKE HOME” I smirked even though he couldn’t see it.

“Why don’t you come get a plate.” I yelled back. He entered the kitchen and his eyes were wide.

“You make borscht and kazakh?” I nodded and he wrapped his arms around me.

“I know it won’t be as good as your mom’s but—“

“No matter. You try, mean a lot to me.” He said kissing my forehead. I handed him a plate and he sat at the table. We all had a light conversation at dinner. Natasha told me her husband was an accountant and would have loved to come visit if he was able to get off work. She studied fine art and has been painting for the past 5 years.

After dinner Natasha takes the boys upstairs and puts them to bed. Geno sat with his arms around me, cuddling on the couch watching TV.

“What time is your game tomorrow?” I asked cuddling into his chest.

“8. Is late. You want come?” he asked looking down at me.

“Oh, I don’t know Geno. I was just asking.”

“No, no. Come, sit with wags. You need jersey. I get for you after morning skate.”

“You don’t have to get me a jersey Geno.” I said lacing his fingers with mine.

“You no have class tomorrow night?” I shook my head no.

“Then you come to game. I get jersey, how else people know you mine.” He whispered into my ear, lips grazing me. I shivered and he turned my face to kiss me hard.

“I guess that means you should be going to bed early then huh?” I said getting of the couch and shaking my hips all the way upstairs.