Status: in progress

From Russia with Love

Now we're talking

My heart stopped as I pushed Geno a little bit to the side and stared straight into the bright blue eyes of the last person I wanted to see. He had his phone held in front of him and I was petrified.

“Fuck.” I said pushing Geno off of me and covering my privates. Thankfully I still had Geno’s jersey on.

“No need to cover up, I’ve seen enough even from here.” James said with the biggest smirk on his face. Geno quickly pulled his pants back up and stared at James with a clenched jaw.

“Give it to me.” He said firmly as he strode towards James. I could see the beads of sweat on his back shining against the bright lights of the locker room.

“Oh no, you’re gonna have to do a lot more than—“

“I will fucking kill you.” Geno said. I was left to just stand there shaking.

“Hold on, hold on.” He smiled looking at his phone. He then turned it to show us. “With on click it’s all over twitter.” He said, showing us his twitter, with the picture loaded and ready to post.

“Please James. Please don’t do it.” I begged stepping towards him while pulling Geno’s jersey down in the front.

“At a price.” He smiled wildly.

“What you want James.” Geno growled. James smugly strode around the logo on the floor before sitting in his stall and crossing his legs.

“I don’t know yet. This would be awful for your image and probably pretty embarrassing for your whore too.” I could see the fire burning in Geno’s eyes as he clenched his fists.

“James. What do you want?” I asked standing in front of Geno. He sat for a moment looking around the room. He reached into the storage part under his seat. After moving things he clinked a pair of keys together just before throwing them at me.

“My place. Tomorrow. 10am. Just you.” He said as he walked out of the room. Geno cursed in Russian as he put his dress shirt back on. I slid back into my jeans and heels and we left the arena in silence. The whole ride home he held my hand. Once we got in his house he slinked off his clothes and laid in bed. I sat next to him as he let out a defeated sigh.

“G?”

“Da?” he asked, still refusing to move.

“What do you think—what do you think he wants?” I asked nervously.

“I not know.”

“What if….”

“No, Ali. I no care if he—ugh what word—blackmail. Don’t go tomorrow.” He said turning and pulling me into him.

“I no care if hurt career or if family find. He will try touch you again and….”

“Maybe we should just….Geno he’s going to keep trying. You play on the same line.” I mumbled.

“What mean other than he is bad friend?” I slowly got up from the bed and grabbed my purse from the chair in the corner.

“I’m going home G.” I said as he popped up in bed.

“Not leave me again? I not take if you do again. Please.” He pleaded. I walked to the end of the bed and kissed him softly.

“No. But I might not see you every day. Until everything blows over with James.”

“I sorry. Is my fault again. I should not ask to sex in locker room. “ he said holding my hands.

“It’s okay. I’ll see you soon G.” I said kissing him softly and heading home. I felt awful, exhausted, and my heels were killing me. I walked up the three flights to my apartment without saying a word to my room mate and falling asleep without even getting underneath the covers.

In the morning I felt like shit. I had a pounding headache and took a quick shower before putting on some jeans and a plain white v neck. I took the famillar and yet this time depressing drive to James’ house. I checked my phone as I walked up to the door. 9:55.

I took a deep breath and knocked. Withing a few seconds the door swung open and he stood in front of me smiling, wearing just jeans.

“I have class in two hours James. What do you want?”

“You’ve got to be nicer to me than that Ali.” He said cornering me against the couch in the living room.

“What do you want?” I mumbled refusing to look in his eyes.

“I want you.” He said kissing my neck. I shoved him away.

“Look, do you want the world to see what you two were doing last night?” he said holding my waist.

“James I’m not letting you do this. I don’t care. It’s gonna suck, but I’m not trading sexual favors for your silence.” I said staring him in his eyes.

“Fine. I guess Russians will be just fine with him fucking a black whore in the locker room. I wonder how the people of Magnitogorsk would feel about that. I don’t believe you’re even orthodox are you?” He asked, making me bite my lip.

“What do I have to do?” I asked crossing my arms.

“Now we’re talking. Hmmm how about you take your clothes off and we’ll set up a good little weekly schedule, eh?”

“Are you seriously going to blackmail me into having sex with you?” I said appalled.

“I wouldn’t consider it blackmail.” He said smiling. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him.

“What’s wrong? You wanted to fuck me the first night you met me.” He said licking my ear.

“I wasn’t dating Geno then.” I said moving back as much as I could. “I thought we were really friends. “I said starting to cry with my head rested on his shoulder. He softened a bit.

“Ali, don’t cry.” He said trying to keep his composure.

“Why would you do this? I trusted you. I trusted you so much.” By the time my words came out his shoulder was drenched with tears. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes.

“Ali. I was—I’m just jealous. When you came over here acting like my girlfriend…I didn’t want anyone to have you but me. I was drinking a lot that night too. Last night…I saw an opportunity and I took it.” He explained. At this point it was getting hard for me to breathe. He wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back and he kissed my head. Before he knew it I reached into his pocket, grabbed his phone, kneed him, and ran out the front door.