Status: in progress

From Russia with Love

No more secrets

“Uh, this summer I hung out with my friend Marlee in Toronto, you know, the nursing student I was telling you about. We went to this party out in Whitby and James and I met there. I had no clue who he was actually. We started talking and just became friends after that. He tried to cook for me and I thought I was going to vomit.” I said laughing, trying to make light of the situation. Geno crossed his arms and tried to read my face.

“James only try cook for girl he like.” This prompted James to jump in.

“I knew she was yours, no worries G,” he said in between bites

“How you know?” he questioned further.

“Her tattoo G. You asked me about it a while ago and when I saw it, I knew it was her.” James said calmly.

“How you see, Lazy? Is hard to see.” He said firmly, clearly not caring that there were other guys in the room. I couldn’t help but cover my face as the guys stared at me.

“Geno, why don’t we talk about this later.” I said putting my hand on his arm.

“No. I want answer now.” He glared at Nealer. The guys quietly moved to the living room taking their plates with them. I heard the tv come on and I could hear them force conversation in order to not seem nosy.

“We were going to hook up.” James confessed. “We didn’t, I saw the tattoo and I stopped okay. Calm down.”

“You let see naked, Ali? You no even tell me. How many guy you sleep with? You come back, act like you don’t know Nealsy. How I trust you?” he said crushing my heart.

“Geno, I didn’t sleep with anyone. I promise.” I said stepping closer to him.

“Why you no tell me friends with Nealsy?” he asked taking a small step away.

“I was worried you’d think it was more than it was. We really are just friends. I though you’d be mad.”

“What you think I am now Ali. You lie-- no, you hide from me. I no want secrets.” He said stading with his back against the fridge. I heard James pad out of the kitchen as I stood in front of Geno.

“I’m sorry. No more secrets. I love you.” I said wrapping my arms around him and leaning my head on his chest.

“Please. If have secret tell.” He said softly kissing my head.

“I don’t have any more.” I said leaning up and kissing him lightly. He half smiled and hugged me tighter.

“You’re hot when you’re angry.” I smirked grabbing some bacon from the pan. He slapped my ass hard as he whispered into my ear.

“You bad. Have to punish later.” He said before walking into the living room.

The awkward breakfast was over and I began to get dressed for class. I cleaned up and wore a mustard sweater with black leggings and cognac boots. I came out of the bathroom to find Geno packing his suitcase. My class started at 1 and he and the guys were supposed to leave for a two game road trip around 2:30.

“Ali, I think. Why you no move in? Is too far from school?” he asked.

“Um….a little bit, but I can manage. Don’t you think we’re going to fast?” I asked brushing my hair in front of the full length mirror.

“No. I want spend rest of life with so is not big deal, I can wait, but I just thinking.” He said pulling me between his legs as he sat on the edge of the bed. I guess he noticed my face when he mentioned spending the rest of his life with me.

“What? No love me? No spend forever with me?” he asked jokingly as his hands slid up my sweater.

“Geno, you know what I think…”

“You still worry? Stop. Russians no care if you black, white, yellow, red, or blue. If my family know I love, they no care. Stop worry. You make me think you no want me.” He said seriously.

“I do want you! I want you so much I’m scared what everyone is going to think of me.” I said trying to hold back my tears.

“Like I say before it no matter, Ali. All matter is that I love. If you love me is all okay. Please no worry.” He begged holding my hands. I choked back the waterworks and kissed him lightly.

“Now get ready for class. No want you be late. “ I nodded as he stood. He gave me a huge hug and passionate kiss before shooing me downstairs.

“We only gone 3 day. See soon.” He smiled hugging me again in the foyer.

“Love you. Stay safe.” I said kissing his cheek.

“I no forget, spank when get back.” He winked at me. I rolled my eyes and hit him in the arm before heading out.