Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Thirty

Marc and I were in our room, I was shopping online for random things and Marc was talking on the phone with Vero. There was a knock at our door and it opened to show Nicklas Lindstrom, he told us that there was going to be a meeting in the living room and that we should head down there.

I sighed and shut down my laptop while Marc said goodbye to Vero. We headed out of our room and made our way downstairs, following some of the other guys. Everyone was in the living room; I claimed a spot on the couch next to Jonathan Toews while Marc sat next to me on the arm rest.

“Hey there,” I heard and looked next to me to see Patrick Kane, who was sitting on the other side of Toews smirking at me.

“Just stop,” Toews said and pushed Kane into the couch.

I smirked and looked towards Marc to see him rolling his eyes. Lindstrom walked into the room and we all looked at him, he leaned against the wall, holding papers in his hands. He was supposed to give us the rules of the house hold, no parties, no alcohol in the house, no stupid stuff.

“Basically you’re all old enough to be responsible, don’t do anything stupid,” he said and I sighed and leaned my elbows on my knees.

Lindstrom went on saying that workout was going to start tomorrow afternoon and then we would be on the ice tomorrow night. The next two days after tomorrow we would be on the ice all day practicing, and then the day after that would be the Superskills Competition, where we would see who was the fastest and strongest at different things. The day after that would be what we came here for, the All Star game.

At the end of the meeting everyone went their separate ways, most saying that they were going to go and get something to eat. I waited for Kris’ text on when he, Marc and I were going to get something, it was already six and I was hungry, not eating lunch.

“Mags,” I heard as I started to head towards the kitchen, wanting to get something to snack on, “Tanger’s calling me.”

“You?” I asked and then went for my phone in my pocket to see that it was off, I went to turn it on, nope it was dead, ‘…No wonder I was waiting…’

“You ready?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“My phone’s dead, let me go plug it in and we’ll go,” I said and Marc nodded his head. I ran upstairs and into our room, grabbed my phone charger and plugging my phone in. I left the room and banged into someone.

“Easy there, in a rush?” they laughed and I turned my head to see that it was Patrick Kane, “I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced.”

“Only on the ice,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Patrick Kane,” he said and held out his hand.

“Maggie,” I said, finding this stupid because we both knew who each other was.

“Maggie, come on!!!” I heard Marc yell from downstairs.

“I have to go, we’re going for food,” I said and he nodded his head, saying that he and his teammates were heading out too.

I walked down the stairs, hearing Kane following me; I rolled my eyes when I saw Marc and he gave me a confused look and they saw Kane and seemed to understand.

“Tanger’s waiting outside,” Marc said and I nodded my head and we both headed outside and walked towards the car that was parked out front. I gave Marc the front seat since he had longer legs than me, “So what, was Kane trying to hit on you again?”

“Again?” Kris asked and I smirked.

“He tried to before when we were getting ready to have a meeting, but Toews shut him up,” Marc said and I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat.

“Can we just drop this?” I asked and the guys were quiet.

“So I heard some guys were heading to some pub, sounds like a good place for some food,” Kris said and Marc and I agreed, “Who are you guys rooming with?”

“Oh, just some cute Frenchie,” I smiled and pinched Marc’s cheek.

“Stop,” he laughed and pushed my hand away, “Figured we stick together, knowing that people like Kane will be there.”

“Yeah, probably best,” Kris said and I pushed my head in-between the seats.

“So who are you with?”

“Rick Nash,” he answered and I nodded my head, “He’s not bad, pretty quiet.”

“And like you’re a talker like Flower here,” I laughed and Marc went to bite my finger when I pointed towards him.

Kris pulled up in front of this Irish pub and parked the car in the back parking lot. We walked to the front and Kris laced his fingers with mine and opened the door when we got to the front. I walked in first and then Marc behind me and Kris came up last. The hostess looked at me and then Marc and Kris; she had a huge smile on her face.

“Three?” she asked and I nodded my head, “Right this way.”

We followed her to a tall table that had four chairs; she placed some menus on the table and said that our server would be here soon. I pushed myself up on the high chair and watched as Kris took a seat next to me and Marc across from me.

“Pitcher of beer?” Marc asked and Kris and I nodded our heads.

The waitress came and she was eagerly placing herself in-between Kris and Marc, I bit my lip as she was flirting with Marc as he tried to order what he wanted to eat and a pitcher of beer. I got a little angry though when she tried flirting with Kris, nearly laughed when he looked towards me and asked what I wanted to eat when he put his order in, being sure to add a babe in at the end. I ordered and the waitress nodded and then left.

“Ah the ladies, they love us Frenchies, no?” Marc laughed as he stretched and placed his hands behind his head, trying to look like he was full of coolness.

“You’re a dork,” I laughed and shook my head.

Our beer came and Kris poured Marc and I a glass and then himself, we cheered for making it to the All Star teams and then took a drink of our beer.

“There’s my teammates!” I heard and turned my head to see Jordan walking over with two of his brothers.

“Staalsy, what are you doing here?”

“I came to watch the game,” Jordan smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Please, admit it, you just came to see me,” I teased and Jordan looked down at me and smiled.

“Oh, you know me so well,” he laughed and kissed my head, “If I would have known that you guys were going to be here I would have said we eat together.”

“Pretty sure we can still do it, we just placed our orders,” Kris said and Jordan nodded his head and looked at the table next to us and pushed it against ours.

Marc, Kris and I moved our chairs and then sat back down. Kris, myself and Eric Staal sat on one side while Marc, Jordan and Marc Staal sat on the other side.

When the waitress walked passed our table she noticed the extra people and took their drink order, not knowing what they wanted to eat yet.

“So Eric, why didn’t you pick Mags here on your team?” Jordan asked and I kicked him under the table, “Ow!”

“Oops,” I muttered and Eric chuckled next to me.

“Because Lindstrom got you before me,” Eric said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

“Can’t help it, all the boys are fighting over me,” I laughed and looked towards Marc, “Ah boys, they love us Americans, no?” I mocked and Marc laughed and high fived me. I felt Kris’ arm on the back of my chair and smiled and leaned back against it, “So what time is your workout tomorrow?”

“Bright and early,” Eric said as their pitcher of beer came and he grabbed it.

“I guess we’re lucky, Flower, we get to sleep in,” I said and Marc smiled and nodded his head as he took a sip of his beer.

“Amen to that,” he said and I laughed and nodded my head.

Throughout the rest of the time that we were at the pub, we talked about other things that didn’t have to deal with hockey, and then towards the end we talked about hockey, but nothing that concerned either of our teams. Our food came, we are, we paid our bill and then left.

Kris dropped Marc and I off and before I got out of the car, I made sure to kiss him. When I was going to leave the car again, Kris pulled me back and at an awkward angle kissed me again, this time a little rougher.

“Don’t let Kane- any of them get too close,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“That’s why I’ve got Flower,” I said and Kris smirked and nodded his head, “Love you.”

“Love you too.”