Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Forty Two

“You’re such an asshole,” I laughed as I sat on the end of the bed with the phone to my ear.

“Who? Me? Never,” he laughed and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“So, what do I owe a call from Chicago’s famous manwhore?” I asked and then walked over towards the hotel window and looked out towards the city.

“Ouch, Mags, I’m hurt,” he chuckled, “I heard you’re in town.”

“We just got in a few hours ago,” I said and heard the door open and saw Mike appear.

“Awesome, some of us are going out for some drinks, wanna come?”

“Pat, don’t you have a game tomorrow night?” I asked and leaned against the wall.

“Yeah, we don’t go crazy,” he said and I scoffed.

“I have a hard time believing that Patrick Kane has the ability to control himself when it comes to alcohol- and women,” I rolled my eyes and heard Mike chuckle as he laid on his bed, he knew of my friendship with some of the Hawks, found no harm in it since he was friends with some of the Stars, Kris on the other hand, totally didn’t approve.

“You’re just chalk full of insults today, aren’t ya?” he asked and I giggled.

“Sarcastic comments get you nowhere, Pattie,” I smirked, “And how does Captain Serious feel about this few drinks night?”

“All right, can we go for food with no alcohol?!”

“Ah, I knew Tazer didn’t know!” I laughed and went back to the window.

“Shut up, so will you come?”

“What time?” I asked and looked at the clock to see that it was almost five.

“Probably in an hour or so,” he said and I looked towards Mike, “Mags?”

“Hold on,” I said and looked at Mike, “Are you guys planning anything?”

“Like what?” Mike asked.

“I’m gunna go to dinner with some friends,” I said and Mike scoffed, but a smirk on his face.

“Some Hawks?”

“Your point?” I asked and Mike smirked.

“Go have fun,” he said and I smiled.

“You pick me up in an hour,” I said into the phone.

“Cool, see you in an hour, I think we’re just gunna go to some steakhouse,” Patrick said.

“All right, see you then,” I answered and we said our goodbyes and then hung up the phone.

“He’s totally into you,” Mike said as I walked towards the mirror and fixed my pony tail.

“Who?”

“Kane,” Mike answered and I scoffed.

“He’s into every human girl,” I said and Mike sighed.

“Just be careful, you don’t want Tanger to think the wrong thing,” Mike said and I looked at him through the mirror, not really thinking of Kris.

“We’re just friends, Mike,” I said quickly, “Besides, there will be others too.”

“Ok, I’m just saying-“

“All right, I got it,” I said and then grabbed my wallet and keycard and headed for the door.

Almost a week had passed since the horrible game against the Islanders, two days after that we lost to the Rangers with the final score of five to three and then won three days later against the Avalanches in overtime, the final score being three to two. The game was yesterday and this morning we flew out of Colorado to finish our week long away game trip to end it against the Blackhawks in two days.

“What’s up?” Kris asked as he answered his door and smiled at me, “Where are we going?”

“I’m going out,” I answered as he looked at me in my plain black V-neck t-shirt, red scarf, jeans and black Chuck Taylors, my black peacoat in my arms.

“Where?” he asked frowning.

“Kaner called and asked to get together with some of the others,” I answered and Kris didn’t look happy, “Hey, don’t look at me like that, we’re just friends. How many times do I have to tell you?”

“I don’t like it,” Kris said and I sighed and walked into the room and placed my coat on the bed.

“You don’t trust me?” I asked and he shook his head, I was happy that Tyler wasn’t here, “Then what?”

“I don’t trust them,” he said and I sighed, “Mags, they’re-“

“I know that they’re manwhores,” I said and Kris sighed at the fact that I knew who they were and still befriended them.

“They hit on you in Carolina!”

“But I didn’t hit on them, and they stopped when I told them I had you!” I said and walked over towards him, “You have no reason to be jealous!”

“I’m not jealous,” he growled and I smirked.

“Whatever you say,” I said and felt my phone go off, I looked and saw that it was Kane telling me he was downstairs with Toews, “I’m gunna go.”

“Maggie,” he said and I pressed my lips against his.

I pulled back and leaned my forehead against his, “Stop worrying, we’re just going to some steakhouse.”

“I still don’t like it,” Kris said and I kissed his cheek.

“I’ll see you later,” I said and then grabbed my coat and headed for the door, “Love you!”

I didn’t hear him return the gesture as I left the room and headed for the elevator. Once I hit the lobby I smiled when I saw Toews standing there waiting for me.

“Took you long enough,” he teased and I smirked and playfully punched his shoulder.

“Shut up, Tazer!” I laughed and we headed out of the hotel and towards Kane’s Hummer. I sat in the backseat and leaned forward, my arm around each headrest and I leaned in-between the seats, “So, this is like my first time in Chicago.”

“No way!” they both yelled and Kane slammed on the breaks and they both looked at me.

“Ow,” I said, practically falling into the front seat because I didn’t have my seatbelt on.

“How is that possible?” Toews asked.

“Well, Mike and I came with like two months left in the season last year and we played you once or twice, both times in Pittsburgh,” I said and they looked at each other, “And then this season, this is the first we play you.”

“Oh come on Tazer! The girl is deprived and it’s Friday night!” Kane looked at Toews and he shook his head.

“We have a game tomorrow!” Toews reminded and Kane sighed.

The Blackhawks have a game tomorrow against the Blue Jackets and then against use the next day. I sighed in disappointment, because I kind of wanted to go out and have a good time.

“Another time, Pattie,” I said and Kane nodded his head and pulled out onto the road. We got to the red light and I heard Crazy Train starting to play on the radio. I smiled brightly and pushed myself in-between the seats and blasted the song, Toews and Kane laughing at me, “Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye!!!”

“You guys are idiots,” Toews smirked as Kane and I were singing Ozzy Osbourne’s famous song.

“Bitch please, I’m totally awesome,” I smiled and playfully shoved Toews.

“So tell me about the Islanders game,” Kane said and I groaned and sat back in my seat, shaking my head.

“Don’t even get me started with that game, it was a disaster,” I said and sighed.

Toews looked at me and sighed, “At least you were promoted- In a way.”

“Just until Geno comes back, which probably won’t be until next season, and Sid- Who knows,” I said and Toews nodded his head.

“We’ll be sure to KO Haley the next time we play them,” Kane said and I smirked and leaned forward again.

“Thanks, though I feel so good about breaking his nose,” I said and the guys laughed.