Status: Read on, good people.

Worth the Wait

The End of The Night

We finally broke apart, gasping for air as our hearts beat tenfold their normal pace. Our very exciting make-out session was accompanied by the song Fireworks by You Me At Six blasting on the car's radio, and a beautiful view of the setting sun. Roxas had told me that I needed to just forget about things for a little while, and the making-out had pretty much done the trick. While I'd gotten lost in those amazingly soft lips of his, my mind was only on how much I truly loved him.

I kissed his cheek after we had pulled away from each other, and he smiled. "You're very good at that," I commented, smiling back at him. He gave me a confused look and a smirk, and I just chuckled. "Making me forget things and cheering me up, I mean," I elaborated. He made an 'ah' sound, and we kissed again. I absolutely loved being in his company, because he made me feel like I actually mattered to someone. His arms, wrapped so protectively around me, made me feel safe and warm, and.. Loved, and well, who the hell wouldn't enjoy that?

We cuddled for a bit longer while the sun set below the horizon, making the woods surrounding the field turn dark blue and purple and black. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and occasionally kissed his jawline with butterfly-soft pecks, and he'd do the same with my cheeks. But not long after the sky turned that Navy Blue color, the kisses stopped.

"We need to leave here shortly," Roxas mumbled as he buried his face in my neck. I had to stop myself from giggling because of the tingles that were shooting down my spine. Once I had regained my seriousness, the frown from before took its place on my lips, turning my elated mood almost sour. I sighed and nodded, not wanting to speak and ruin the peaceful silence of the evening air. He leaned up and I saw he had on nearly the same somber expression I wore. I bit my lip and looked up at him with pleading eyes. He grimaced and said, "Sorry, but you're not getting out of this. You need to go home, okay Baby?" I looked down and nodded, feeling a knot begin to build up in my throat. I knew that I'd never get to cry; that was a luxury most people took for granted. I hadn't been able to cry in nearly 3 or 4 years. But I still felt like I was going to, and Roxas pulled me into a hug regardless.

"I.. I don't want to leave you..." I muttered, the lump in my chest and throat making it harder to speak.

"I know, Baby. I know. It's going to be hard having to wait until the next time we get to see each other, but.. Just hang in there for me, okay?"

"But I'll miss you..." I'd pulled back from his embrace now, staring in those pastel blue eyes.

"And I'll miss you too, but you know it has to be this way. At least for right now, anyways..." He consoled, but it didn't make me feel much better. I nodded and hugged him one last time, before he pulled away this time and climbed off the car. He held his hand out for me and I took it hesitantly, sliding off the car. While I strapped myself into the passenger's seat, he pulled the blanket off the hood and threw it into the backseat of the car. He then climbed into the driver's seat and started the car.

~Time Lapse~

"Bye..." I murmured reluctantly, "I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Hopefully." I smiled halfheartedly and kissed him one last time, stretching the seconds the best I could. I held on for as long as possible, but then Roxas broke the kiss.

"Go on, before we're caught."

I sighed and nodded, climbing out of the car but turning back to close the door and see his face one last time for God knows how long. He drove off after a small wave and I was left standing there wondering where the seconds went, and how they ticked by so fast. I stood there in the chilly night air for a bit, breathing it in, then turned on my heel and trudged up to the house.

I stopped at the side door (the one that got used the most) and pulled a chain from around my neck, which held three keys. Two to the house, and the other one to a pair of toy handcuffs that I lost a long time ago, but kept the key because it looked cool. I unlocked the door and pushed it open, surprised to see that none of the lights inside the house were on. Making sure to be quiet, I stepped into the house and walked through it to the stairs, which were steep, and made quite a few noises when used. I began my way up to my room, making sure to step over the third-to-bottom step, because it was the one that always creaked the loudest.

When I finally made it to my room free of ambushes and lectures, I stripped out of my clothes and climbed into bed. "Fuck my life...." I muttered as I drifted off into a deep, dream-filled slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Yeah. I had a few mini writer's block attacks, but it's okay. IT'S DONE.
This has made my night, because I honestly didn't expect to finish this chapter tonight.
Plus I was bored.... Super bored.
Anyyywhore, I hope you enjoy this.
Sorry for errors.
Hopefully an update will be out soon.
Love ya!
~A.