Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

***er

Public displays of affection usually make me sick. I can’t stand seeing couples showing PDA. I didn’t want to show any affection with Hunter at school because I didn’t want people to think it was sick and because it embarrassed the hell out of me but I found once Hunter kissed me outside the school. All of that thinking went out the window and all I could think about were his lips on mine. When he pulled away I wished he hadn’t, but school was starting and we had to go to class. Hunter walked me to Media Arts and the walked to his room after saying goodbye. He leaned in to give me a quick kiss but I pulled away.

“Not in school,” I said.

“Fine. Later.” He replied smiling as he walked away.

The class seemed to drag on almost but finally the bell rang and I came out to see Hunter there waiting for me. We walked up to social studies together.

We both sat in our seats and, of course, Hunter was whispering to me the whole time. I wanted to laugh at some of the thing he said but knew I couldn’t. The bell rang too soon and I said bye to Hunter as I headed to Math class. Class seemed to go on forever until lunch finally came. I got to the lunch room, bought my lunch and sat down at out usual table.

Hunter and Cody soon came and sat down. Hunter took a seat beside me while Cody sat across from me. We all talked and things went like they usually did. Although the subject of hot girls seemed to be out of there conversations now that they were both taken by AMAZING girls. Ha. Hunter moved closer to me on the bench so that we were squished beside each other.

“Why are you so close to me?” I asked.

“Because I can be,” Hunter replied.

“Who says you can?”

“I do.” Hunter stuck out his bottom lip and frowned, “Why, don’t you like me?”

“I like you I just don’t like you sitting so close.”

“Well get used to it because now I can sit as close to as I want all the time any time.” Then he slung his arm around my waist bringing me even closer to him.

I tried to remove his arm from my waist but couldn’t. So I left it alone and just enjoyed the feeling. After school Hunter and I walked home hand in hand.

“So why can’t we kiss in school?” he asked me as we were walking.

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Because I don’t want people to see us.” I tried to explain.

“Why not? Don’t you want people to know about us?”

“I do want people to know about us I just feel weird kissing in front of other people, like a show off or something,” I explained.

“You’re not a show off.” He said swinging our hands back and forth dramatically.

“We can kiss anytime you want just not during school.”

“I guess I’m okay with that.” He stopped swinging our arms. “So I can kiss you now?”

“Yeah.” We had stopped right in front of his house. We turned to face each other and we slowly leaned close and our lips met. We slowly broke apart.

“You should come inside so we can continue this,” Hunter said smirking.

“I would love to but I have homework to do.”

“You can do homework anytime. Stop being such a goody two shoes.”

“How about I do my homework then I come back over here after dinner.”

“Or you can just come over now and do your homework later.” He suggested with a hopeful look on his face.

“I don’t know…”

Hunter pouted, “Come on, Jessica.”

“Fine.”

“Yes!” Hunter shouted running inside. I followed him with a smile on my face. Homework could wait.

We were sitting on the couch and the force of attraction was pulling us together. It was impossible not to suddenly be glued to his face. Before I knew it I was on top of him. We continued kissing as Hunter rolled so he was on top. His hands and legs on either side of me. We continued forever getting caught up in the moment. Was it getting hot in here or was it just me? But our passionate moment soon came to an end when I realized I still had to do homework.

“What time is it?” I asked Hunter.

“I don’t know.” Hunter said before he started attacking my lips again.

“I have my homework to do still.” I said as Hunter moved from my lips down to my neck.

“Hunter… I have to go now.”

“Just a few more minutes… please.” Saying no was just not an option.

“Just a few more minutes.”

A few more minutes turned to be until six o’ clock when my parents called saying dinner was ready. I said bye to Hunter and went home to eat. After dinner I went to do my homework but all I could think about was Hunter. This evening was one of the best so far. I finished my homework and went to bed replaying the events with Hunter in my head.

I called Hunter the next morning with cheerfulness. He came over ten minutes later giving me a kiss as he sat down beside me. We held hands and talked about random things. We once again found Cody and Susie on the stairs kissing.

“You two are sick. Do you have to be kissing every time that we arrive?” I said jokingly.

“Like you don’t want to kiss Hunter right now?” Susie said with a smile. She had me there.

“So I had the greatest idea,” Susie exclaimed.

“And that would be?” I questioned.

“That all four of us should get together this weekend to watch some movies and stuff, like a double date,” she explained.

“That sounds good to me. How about you Hunter?” I asked

“If I get to spend time with you, I’m good.”

“That sounded so cheesy,” I replied laughing.

“Look what you’ve done to him, Jessica. You’ve turn him into a softie.” Cody laughed.

“I am not a softie,” Hunter stated.

“Whatever you need to tell yourself,” Cody said.

“You’re one to talk. Don’t tell me you’re not a softie when it comes to Susie,” Hunter said.

“Every guy gets soft when it comes to the girl that he loves.” Cody stated earning a kiss from Susie.

Soon the bell was going to ring so we set off for our classes. Hunter and I walked hand in hand to Spanish class. I can deal with holding hands, now. Lunch came around and I sat down next to Susie.

“So how are you and Hunter doing?" Susie asked, "You look like you’re doing good."

“Yeah. It’s so different but it’s amazing. Hunter’s the best.” I got a little starry eyed. Then I snapped out of it and asked, “You and Cody look like you’ve been doing really well.”

“We have. He told me that he loved me yesterday.”

“He did? That’s so amazing. I guess yesterday was eventful for both of us.”

“What happened to you?” She asked.

“Well it’s not as big as Cody telling you he loves you which is so sweet and totally not surprising who could not love you. And Cody’s great too. Did you say that you loved him back?” I’m not sure why I started rambling. It may have been because I didn’t really want to talk about what happened. It was great; I just didn’t know how to explain it.

“Yeah I told him I loved him. It’s really hard not to. Now tell me what happened to you?”

“Well I went to Hunter’s house after school and we got into a hot and heavy make out session.”

“No way. You and Hunter got ‘hot and heavy’. You’re growing up.” She said smiling.

I couldn’t help but smile along too.

“I’m just glad that you’re with someone who will treat you right this time.”

Of course she was talking about Brad. I’ve pushed him from my mind completely, which wasn’t hard to do now that I was with Hunter.

“Yeah.”

“Hunter would never do something to hurt you. Mess with you and frustrate you and annoy you yes but he would never do anything to hurt you,” Susie stated.

“I know. Hunter’s a great guy,” I said smiling “I can’t wait for this weekend so we can all hang out together.”
--

The week seemed to drag on as it always does. When you what time to move faster, it always seemed to be going slower. I ended up going to Hunter’s house after school everyday and then went home for dinner and did my homework. The weekend finally did arrive though. It was cold and icy outside. All four of us were at Hunter’s house. We had been hanging around playing video games and talking. As it was getting darker and we had finished eating dinner, we decided that it was the perfect time to watch a movie. We all sat down on the couch and decided what movie to watch.

“We should watch a horror movie.” Was Cody suggestion which Hunter agreed to.

“No way am I watching a horror movie. Do you know how scary that is? I’ll be scared for days. I won’t be able to sleep. We can’t watch a horror movie,” I demanded.

“I’ll be here to protect you,” Hunter said as he went to pick out a horror movie.

“I think a horror movie would be good,” Susie chimed in.

“So it’s settled majority rules. We’re watching a horror movie.” Hunter said as he popped the movie in and started it up.

Susie was cuddled into Cody on one side of the couch while Hunter and I were sitting next to each other on the other side of the couch.

“I don’t want to watch this,” I whispered mostly to myself. As the movie got going I was freaking out. Hunter placed his arm around me on the back of the couch.

“It’s just a movie.” Hunter whispered in my ear and he pulled me close. The guy on the screen started the chainsaw and moved towards his victim. He started to raise the chainsaw and… that’s when I buried my face in Hunter’s chest. He held onto me and kissed the top of my head.

For the rest of the movie I alternated from hiding my face in Hunter’s chest to watching the movie. The movie FINALLY ended! I was grateful but just because the movie was over with didn’t mean that I wasn’t scared anymore.

“We should get going.” Cody said as him and Susie got off the couch.

“See ya later.” Susie said as the walked to the door.

“Bye,” Hunter said. Then he turned to me, “Are you going to go too?”

“I would but what if there’s a murderer waiting for me at home?” I squeaked out.

“There isn’t a murderer waiting at your house for you!”

“How would you know?”

“Because I know.”

“Uh-huh. Sure. There is no way I’m going home now, in the middle of the night.”

“That’s fine by me. You can spend the night here. Let’s go to bed.” Hunter smiled as he stood up and started walking to the stairs.

“Where are you going?” I yelled.

“I told you to bed. Come on.”

“We can’t! What if there’s a murderer up there waiting to get us.”

“Jessica. There are no murderers that are going to kill you okay?”

“I told you we shouldn’t have watched that movie.”

“Come on or else I’ll leave you down here all by yourself for the murderer to get you.” That motivated me and I ran to catch up with him. As soon as I got close I wrapped my hand in his. We went upstairs, every step I looked behind me to make sure no one was there. When he opened his bedroom door, I ran and jumped under the covers of his bed. He soon got in next to me laughing at my actions.

Hunter wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. “Nothing’s going to get you while I’m around.”

“I know.” Then I snuggled up close to him to feel safe and secure. It didn’t take long before my frightened mind was put in ease and I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up with Hunter’s arms still wrapped around me and smiled. The movie was put into the back of my mind as I smiled at Hunter. I nudged him awake.

“Hunter, wake up!”

Hunter stirred and he slowly opened his eyes. “Morning.”

“Morning. Now get up.”

“Why? I’m fine just lying here next to you.” That’s when my stomach growled.

“That’s why you have to get up to make me breakfast.”

“Like I would make you breakfast.”

“Just get up.” I said walking out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. Hunter soon followed. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and Hunter did the same. We talked and enjoyed each other’s company.

“I should probably go now.” I said placing my empty bowl in the sink.

“You aren’t afraid there’s a murderer out to get you,” Hunter teased.

“Not any more. Who would want to murder me anyways?”

“I have no idea. See ya, Jessica.”

“See ya, Hunter.”