Status: Please enjoy this story!! I have tried to make it as closely related to the comics as I can..only because I can't stand it when people warp the character around completely. Ughh. But again, I do not own any of the characters...well, not the ones that are IN the comics. Comment and Like please!! <3

Not the Pyro I Know

Chapter 2 ( Charlie's P.O.V. )

Today was casual Friday at work, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from dressing the way my father wanted me to. I wanted the open Journalist slot, and to get it I had to prove to my father that I had no trouble being professional.

My name is Charlotte Higgins and my Father is Scott Higgins, CEO and owner of the ' Dear You ' Magazine Company. For the past few years we've been living in Jakarta, Asia. He wanted to make sure this branch was running smoothly as well and at the moment I was trying to prove to my father that I wanted to be a journalist, like him. While everyone else at the company thought I wanted it just for the family position. But at the moment my dad trusted me enough to do the hiring. Ughh. It had to be the worst job ever. So many lunatics come in daily telling me that their words can change the way people think. Most of them just copy my father's work...or Dr. Seuss. I hated this position with a passion but my father was all like, " Now Charlotte, be thankful. I gave you this position because I trust you and know that you will not fail me. " Lies. He only gave me the position because I still live with him and he knows he can go through my folders and papers at any time. Even though he chooses to do it while I'm sleeping...as if i won't know.

But, never mind. Today I was going to prove to my father that I was ready.

I walked into the building, head high, shoulders back. I was wearing a white blouse accompanied with a knee length black skirt. Which was all pulled together with a big, blonde bun on the top of my head. Makeup for the day was simple, to draw attraction to the major parts that I wanted the applicants to look at. My lips were red to make sure people ' read my lips ' correctly. While my blue eyes were covered with some brown eye shadow to enhance my ' look me in the eyes like you mean business ' vibe. If I may say so myself, I was looking very professional.

" Miss. Higgins, here are some resume's and applicant information. Your morning coffee is making it's way to your desk as we speak. " Jolene stepped in front of the elevator, flashing me a fake smile. If I hated anything more then having to dress like this...it was the people that granted my every need just because I was the bosses daughter. Not that I didn't enjoy it. It's just that, like I said, I just hated fake people.

I stepped in the elevator, holding the portfolio open to scan a few names. The first couple seemed like possible employees. Another person stepped into the elevator and pressed the 4th floor button. Never mind, apparently this person read my mind..or they were just going to the same floor. As I was saying, the first few seemed like possible choices, but all the others were how should I put it kindly....trash.

The elevator doors opened and I closed the portfolio. I made my way to the office while the person that entered the elevator next to me made his way to the front desk. Humph, typical first timer. I sat down in my office chair and picked up my coffee, taking a large gulp. It was still hot to where most people would stick out their tongue and complain it was on fire, but not me. I hated anything lukewarm. I smiled, the coffee had my favorite creamer in it too. Caramel. Yum.

I began by putting the no go applicants in the shredder and called my assistant to let her know that those people were to be called and informed that the position has already been filled but we thank them for choosing us. That sounds good, not to bad. I was finished going over the first applicant when Jessica, the slutty...I mean, sweet redhead from the front desk walked in.

" Excuse me Miss. Higgins, but there is somebody here to see you. Says your father called him personally and asked him to apply. " She smiled, turning her head to look back at the mystery man. When she turned her head back around she had a huge grin plastered across her face. Great. He must be pretty attractive.

This is strange though, my father rarely ever called anyone to apply for anything. EVER.

" Says he came all the way from Australia to speak with him. " Her eyes widened. Wow. All the way from down under. He must either be telling the truth or completely deranged.

" Very Well. Send him in. " I waved her away, resting my chin on my hands. She stepped out of view and the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on walked in and for a moment

my heart stopped.

He had blonde hair that stopped right below his ears, which was slicked back at the moment. His build was tall and lean, which told me he had to have some muscles under those street rat clothes of his. His eyes were nothing special..but boy were they full of curiosity. And his smile...that smirk he had...Yep. He's not getting hired. Clearly he was the type of guy that just wanted to get into the business just to get girls with the pick up line ' I'm a tortured artist. So sleep with me? ' . Plus he was clearly full of himself. But, unlike all the other guys he didn't even think to dress nice for the occasion.

He cleared his throat and sat down in the chair in front of my desk, propping his feet up and folding his hands in his lap. I bit my lip, knowing he saw me stare at him. Dammit. This never happened. I straightened my back and looked him dead in the eye.

" Hello. My name is Charlotte Higgins and I am in charge of hiring.." I began, only to be cut off with a big smile and

" Yeah. That's what the dame at the desk said. " He pointed behind him, towards the front desk. I narrowed my gaze at him and continued.

" I'm sorry Mr...." I started to say, realizing I didn't even know his name.

" Allyerdyce. John. " He stated, full and proud of himself. That was it.

" I'm sorry. But we're not hiring. But you said that my Father called you? You must be mistaken because my father never calls anyone. " I smiled sweetly, hoping to get him out of here.

" Oh.." He said confused, dropping his legs onto the ground.

" Yes. I'm sorry. " I looked back down at the papers in front of me.

" No problem love. I'll just be going I guess. " He said, getting up out of the chair and walking out of the door. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face me,

" Later Charlie. " is all he said. I looked up to see him in full smirk, as he turned back around and walked out the door. No one had ever called me Charlie..not even my parents. I shook my head, trying to get his face out of my head. But through out the day, no matter what I was doing I couldn't stop thinking about his jerkish conceited smirk....and yet I couldn't help but smile as well.

" Bye Jolene. " I waved to her as I walked down the steps, out of the building. As soon as I made it past the corner I was grabbed and a hand was put over my mouth. I began to panic thinking of all the horrible, ugly men that could be trying to rape and murder me at this very second. I raised my foot and kicked him clear in the nads, turning around to punch him in the nose as well. But when i did all I saw was the Aussie man from earlier, eyes closed and holding himself in pain. I covered my mouth with my hand, face red and all. Oh. My. God. I cannot believe I just did that to Mr. Allerdyce. I mean John. He looked up at me and smiled childishly, re-positioning himself to cover his pride.

" I'm sorry Charlie. I didn't know I would scare you that bad. " He winced from the pain, while still flashing his trade mark smirk. He was fine, idiot. I rolled my eyes.

" Apology excepted. Now what do you want John, i told you we weren't hiring. " I stated, crossing my arms.

" I understand. But you didn't even give me a chance to explain myself. " He took a step towards me, closing the space between us.

" Look, I don't know what you 're willing to do for this job, but keep me out of your sick plan! " I spat at him, taking a step back and holding both hands up.

" No. You've got it all wrong. Though..you are a fiery little one. I like that in a girl " He winked, causing my face to heat up. No. I needed to get out of here. I was not going to take this from him or any other man.

" Then what is it? " I managed to say, keeping a straight face. Well, attempting to.

" I was wondering if you 'd talk with me about it. Maybe over coffee? " He asked, tilting his head to the side. He wasn't going to give up was he? I sighed.

" Fine.." I mumbled, looking down at the ground, trying to hide my traitorous excitement.

" Yes! Thank You! " He said, grabbing me by the shoulders and pulling me in for a hug. He was warm...really warm. I placed my hands on his shoulder blades and he wrapped his arms around the small of my back. I breathed in, the smell of ask filling my nose.

" Um...shall we? " He pulled away, scratching the back of his head and motioning towards the sidewalk.

" Sure..." I said, rubbing my arms, trying to rid myself of the goosebumps. We walked side by side down the street for a couple of blocks before he turned to me saying

" So..I was kind of hoping you'd know where a coffee shop was. " He laughed. I frowned at him before face palming myself.

" Come on. There's one up here. " I led him a little further up the street to one of my favorite places. It was a small family owned business called ' Empty Cup '. It was a good name considering that any person who had ever tasted their drinks ALWAYS finished. It was just that great.

" What would you two like We have couple special? " The elder lady at the cash register asked me and John, giving us a knowing look. Well...this was awkward.

" Um...no, we're not dating. " I blurt out, trying to rid the nervous feeling.

" Oh.." She frowned, looking back at the both of us.

" Yeah...well I would like a large Caramel Frapp'e. John? " I turned around, asking him. He just stared at the sign, not answering.

" Um...well...I...nothing, thanks. " He rambled on before walking away and sitting down. Ok then. I guess he wasn't thirsty. ' Then why would he invite you out for coffee? ' I asked myself, handing the money to the woman. I thanked her and made my way to the seat in front of John. His forehead resting on the edge of the table. I guess he was checking his phone..maybe?

" John, are you ok? " I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

" Oh, i'm great. Just nervous..I guess. " His head shot up, smiling his dazzling smile.

" So...I was wondering if you would reconsider my application. " He looked down at the table, drawing random patterns with his pointer finger. His face looked sad, as if he knew what I was about to say.

" Look, do you have any qualifying experience? " I asked, setting my coffee down and leaning my head against my left hand.

" No...but I have these. " He reached into the bag behind him, placing a bunch of loose papers on the table. I picked up one after another, the word ' Arson ' popping up repeatably. He must of lived in a town with some mad sort of Arsonist.

" Did you write these? " I asked, picking up another one. This one was about a local high school being burned to the ground. The culprit had to of been a student or some sort of faculty member there. I set it down, picking up a small sheet of paper with a few sentences across.

' the solider rides at night setting everything in sight ablaze. He wishes he could stop,but yet he knows to do that would go back on everything he's ever done. Countless pleads and Heart Stopping Screams beg him to. Yet even when blood pours or life is taken....it thrills his inner demon forever more. '

" Wow. This is really good. You writing a novel or something? " I handed it to him and watched as he scanned over it. As he finished he smiled, handing the paper back to me.

" Yeah..sort of an autobiography. " He chuckled. He looked back down into his lap. Ok then...weird.

" What are you doing? " I stood up, going over and grabbing his hand. In his hand was a small lighter. What in the world was he doing?

" Um..I play with it when I get nervous. " He grinned, pushing down the thumb wheel. A little flame escaped the hole and he stared at it in such aw.

" OK, that's it. If you're not even going to speak to me I'm leaving. " I turned around and grabbed my purse, making my way for the exit.

" Wait, wait, wait. " He rushed in front of me, grabbing my arms. He was within arms length of, holding me still. The crazy side of me was screaming ' Kiss him! Kiss him you idiot! ' while the smarter side of me told me to get out of there while I still had a chance. He began slowly rubbing his hands up and down my arms, leaving my arms heated. I gulped, keeping my mouth closed to stop myself from telling him what he wanted to hear.

" Why should I? " I asked, trying to pull away. He scanned my face, looking for any obvious feeling.

" Because...I need you to hire me. Please? I've dreamt of nothing but this my whole life. Living alone and on the run....there's nothing more I've wanted. Ever. " He closed his eyes, bowing his head. I sighed, knowing I would regret it later.

" Fine. You start tomorrow but you have to make sure that you dress appropriately and keep to yourself. I'll talk to my Father. Let him know about your unique style of writing. Woo him in on it. " I smiled softly, wanting to lift his spirits.

" Thank you! He exclaimed softly, pulling my face towards his, kissing me with full force. My heart began heating up, feeling a fire that seemed to be surfacing for the first time. He pulled away, his face one of shock and surprise.

" Charlie...I.. " He began, letting go of my arms. At first chance I ran out of the building, leaving him and the Empty Cup behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love ya'll! <3