Status: I wrote this 5 years ago, I'm posting it now because it is one of my favorite things I ever wrote.

A Life Better Than Reality Lies in My Dreams

Reality setting in.

"Have I told you yet how hot you look in my clothes?" Zacky said coming up behind me and kissing my neck. I giggled and turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Only ten times now." "Hmm well I am going to tell you a million times more." Then he kissed me. Zacky had made grilled cheese with ham sandwiches and French fries. "Man I am starving." I said taking a bite out of the sandwich. Zacky just laughed. After lunch we snuggled on the couch and watched TV. I stretched out and laid my head on a pillow in Zacky's lap. He ran his fingers through my hair and I started to drift off to sleep. As soon as a dream started to form in my head I was wakened by my phone ringing. I let out a sigh and reached across Zacky, without raising up, and grabbed my phone. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey where are you? I'm at the hotel and you aren't here." Amber said worried. "I'm at Zacky's." I said sleepily. "Oh. Um. Is. Uh." Amber tried to start. "We made up. Everything is fine." I cut her off. "Ok. So you are alright?" She asked. "Yes. Fine." I said annoyed. "Well we are hanging out at Syn's house if you guys want to come." "Alright, I'm sure we will." "Ok. bye." "Later." I put my phone on the floor and turned on my back to look up at Zacky. "What are we doing?" He asked with a smile. "Going to Syn's house." I closed my eyes and Zacky leaned down and kissed my nose. "Wanna go take a nap?" He asked obviously sensing my annoyance of being woken up. I laughed and looked up at him. "You really think we'll nap if we go upstairs?" "Yes." He said looking off to the side. I laughed and got off the couch and held my hand out to Zacky. "Come on then." I said. We climbed into bed and Zacky wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head against his chest and fell asleep.

I woke up and Zacky was sitting up watching TV. "Hey." He said and leaned down and kissed me. "Hey." I said after we pulled apart. "How long was I sleeping?" I asked sitting up next to him. "About an hour longer than me and I was out for two hours." He smiled at me. "I didn't realize how tired I was." I said with a laugh. "I ordered a pizza cause I'm kind of hungry. Hope you like peperoni." I nodded my head and looked down. I was still wearing Zacky's shirt and boxers. I ran my fingers through my hair and it was tangled and messy. "I think I'm going to get in the shower." I said still running a hand through my hair. "Alright. I'll go grab your bag out of the car so you can have a clean change of clothes." "Thanks." I said and jumped in the shower. When I got out I wrapped myself in a towel and walked into the bedroom. My suitcase was laid open on Zacky's bed but he was nowhere to be found. I grabbed some jeans and decided to put Zacky's shirt back on. I walked down stairs and found Zacky sitting on the couch staring at the floor with my phone in his hand. "What is it?" I asked nervously. He looked up at me startled and shook his head. "Nothing. It's actually very good news." He started. "Um. Well while you were in the shower Alex called." My eyes widened and I sat slowly next to Zacky. Neither of us said anything for a long moment. Then it dawned on me.

"They guys are going on tour!" I jumped up and clapped my hands together. Zacky looked at me with a small smile and nodded his head. I started thinking out loud. "Oh my God. I gotta call Ryan. I need to call Eryka and Amber. Oh man I have to tell my mom. She's going to be pissed I'm not going back to school. I can't believe we are going on tour!" I turned to see Zacky staring at the floor again. "Oh. Zack. Uh." I sighed and kneeled in front of him. He smiled at me sadly. "Don't worry. I'm really happy for you April. It's just that I realize you are going to have to leave soon." He held my face with his hand and stroked my cheek as tears started to well up in my eyes. "Oh, don't cry April. I didn't mean to make you upset." He said kissing both my eyes. "I didn't realize how close it was for me to leave either." I laid my head on his knees and he ran his a hand over my hair. Just then the doorbell rang. "Pizza." We said together. I went into the kitchen and grabbed two sodas out of the fridge. We sat at the table not saying anything at first. "So what time do you want to head over to Syn's?" I asked finishing my piece of pizza. Zacky looked at the clock on the microwave and said, "In about 20 minutes I guess." I nodded and took a drink of soda. "Well I'm going to go straighten my hair." I said wanting to leave the awkward silence behind. I walked upstairs and my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered. "Did your boyfriend give you my message?" Alex asked. "He's not my boyfriend. And yeah. So tell me what's up." Alex laughed and said, "Well I'm happy to know that I'll be on tour with a single lady." "He's not my boyfriend YET Alex. I can't predict the outcome of the next 5 days." I said not wanting to lead Alex on. "Right. Well the record company called and decided the guys are going to bring in a whole new set of fans for us so you guys will be flown out to New Jersey in September for the first night of the show. I told the record company to wait and call the guys because I figured you would want to be the one to tell them." Alex finished. I sat on the bed and smiled. "You still there?" Alex asked impatiently. "Yeah. I just can't believe this is actually going to happen. I can't believe I'm partly responsible for making this happen for them. I...I. I'm just so happy!" I practically squealed. "Yeah. It's going to be amazing. We are going to have a lot of fun." Alex said with a laugh. "Well I have to get ready we are going to go hang out at a friend’s house and I have to get ready." I said plugging my straightener in. "Oh, so you are ditching me for your non-boyfriend?" Alex said in a hurtful tone. I scoffed, "Alex don't act like you haven't been seeing girls since you've been home." "Yeah. Well I will talk to ya later. Call me after you tell the guys." Alex said "Alright, later." I hung up the phone and started fixing my hair. When we pulled up at Syn's house I practically ran inside to tell Amber and Eryka the great news. "Oh my God!" Eryka screamed. "I can't believe it!" Amber said jumping up and down. "Have you called them yet?" She said calming herself. "No I'm going to wait until tomorrow. They are having practice and will all be together." They both nodded in unison and Rev came around the corner. "LET'S GET OUR DRINK ON!" He screamed handing me a drink.

The next morning I woke up in Zacky's bed wrapped in his arms. "Morning beautiful." He said not opening his eyes. I replied by kissing him. "So do you want to talk about me leaving and what are we going to do?" I asked after a moment. "What do you want to do?" He asked pulling me tighter. "I don't know Zacky. I mean you are going on tour as soon as I leave and I'm going on tour with the guys. We won't see each other for months on end and..." I paused. "Gina is going to be with you and I'm going to be with Alex. I will always be thinking about the Vegas trip and you will always be wondering about Alex and me." "So what you're saying is that we should just end it?" He asked in a hurtful tone. "Unless you object. I mean we can keep it going until we leave and maybe when the tours end." I said looking up at him. "I guess you are right. I couldn't help but be a little jealous when Alex called you." He said looking over my head. "Yeah and I can't even say her name without wanting to throw up." We both laughed. I got up and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" Zacky asked. I turned and looked at him over my shoulder and said, "I'm going to make you breakfast." "Wait!" He said and jumped up. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "In just your underwear." He whispered. I raised my eyebrow and smirked at him. "Fine." I said. I slipped out of my pj pants and rolled my shirt up to make it look like a bra. "Nice." He said and kissed me quickly. I walked down stairs and started making French toast. I finished one plate and started the next when Zacky came down stairs. "Smells amazing in here." He said. "Thanks." I said pecking him on the cheek and handing him the plate. He sat down and started eating. My phone rang and the ID read "Eryka." "Hey girl." I answered the phone to a squeal! "April, Oomygawd! You are never going to guess what happened!!" Eryka continued to squeal. "What?" I asked holding the phone away from my ear. "Brian just asked me to be his girlfriend!!" She said happily. I got quiet knowing that is what I really wanted to be able to be telling her about Zacky and I. "Congratulations. We'll have to go out to eat to celebrate." I said. "Yeah, I'll call you later though I have to call my mom." She said breathlessly "Ok. Bye." "Bye." I turned and looked at Zacky with a small smile and told him the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left.... Maybe I'll post it. We'll see. Thanks for reading!