Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Fourteen

Bella’s POV

A month later.

“My life isn’t really that interesting James” I told James.

He looked at me and looked around. He nodded and stuck his hands into his pockets.

“I see that now”

I gasped and he laughed.

“I’m kidding. You have a pretty normal life. You forgot to tell me one thing”

I looked at him and he cocked his head to the side.

“Your brother figure skates?”

I nodded and he sat down next to me.

“That’s really cool”

I smiled and looked at him.

“He might actually go to the Olympics with his partner” I said.

“So he dances?”

“He knows how to do ballroom but he sucks at it on ice. He’s a pair skater” I said.

“That’s really cool”

I nodded.

“My mom hates his pairs partner though” I said.

“We have something in common”

I laughed.

“Oh James, my mom will never think anyone is good for her only daughter” I said.

He nodded slowly and looked at me.

“Why does she hate her?”

“Oh right, no one likes Lisa cause she’s a bitch. The only reason she’s Adam’s partner is because they have great chemistry and what not, and cause well she isn't afraid to do anything” I said.

He laughed and looked at me.

“And how old were they when this happened?”

“Adam was 10” I said.

“So like 8 years ago? Did he even know what Chemistry was?”

I laughed and smiled.

“They’re pretty good. They got a medal at the last Worlds competition. With his age it allowed for him to participate. They had the points and all. They got the highest scores any American Pair Skaters have ever gotten. Not enough to beat the Russians though. They settled for second and Adam and Lisa are the current National Champions and all” I said.

“So he’s good?”

I nodded.

“And if he does come over to study here. Won’t his partner have to come with him?”

“Yea, he chose his university, so Jas and Chris will be moving out back next month” I said.

“Where are they moving out?”

I laughed and got up.

“Follow me. You haven’t been out back haven’t you?” I asked as he stood up.

“Not really”

He followed me outside through the back door and he looked up.

“How much property does your brother own?”

I laughed.

“He made these two complexes. It’s nice isn’t it? No one lives here though. Eric hasn’t rented it out” I said.

“Said he doesn’t trust people” I added.

“Beau is looking for a place”

I looked at him and nodded. I wouldn’t mind if the blonde village idiot lived here.

“I wouldn’t mind having Beau around. He’s fun” I said.

He chuckled and looked around.

“You guys have no place to store your cars?”

“Yes James, what do you think this is for” I said.

He nodded and looked at me.

“And how many rooms do they have?”

“Two, I think I really don’t remember” I said.

He laughed and he stopped when he heard a bark. He froze a little and looked at me.

“What was that?”

I laughed.

“Eric’s dog” I said.

“How come I’ve never seen him?”

“Oh we just got him recently. A friend back from Boston searched for a dog like this since he didn’t want me to steal his chocolate lab” I said whistling.

I laughed as James looked around waiting for something to trample him down.

“He’s to small to do much” I said.

“Well where is he?”

I laughed and he looked down. The small golden lab wagged his tail at him.

“You are tiny”

He picked up the small dog and looked at him.

“He’s a puppy”

“Yes he is. He’s like 2 months old. Eric has let him run around, but he sleeps in the laundry room” I said pointing to a room that was connected to the house

“So this is the laundry room”

I nodded and he walked in with the small dog still in his arms. My guess is James likes dogs.

“Yes it is” I said.

He looked around and looked at me when he saw the bags of clothes

“Yea I need to do laundry” I said as I stepped around him.

I got the soup and he raised an eyebrow when he saw me throw in a whole bunch of scrubs.

“They aren’t all mine” I said as I closed the washer.

I threw in colored clothes into the other one and jeans in the other.

“So this is a weeks worth of clothes?”

I looked at James and nodded.

“Yes” I said.

The dog whined and James put him down. James then laughed as the dog ran as fast as it could to his bed.

“It’s huge”

“He’ll grow into it” I said.

He nodded and I smiled at him.

“So your brother decide to come here for school?”

“He said yes to University of Pittsburgh. My genius brother got into Yale, Boston, Berkeley, Stanford and he chose here” I said.

He smiled and looked at me.

“Well he likes having you guys around”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“So when are you heading over to LA?”

“Oh yea. His graduation is May 15th. I would fly out the 14th and be back the 16th” I said.

He nodded slowly.

“Excited for the playoffs?” I asked.

He smiled and nodded.

“Who do you want to win?”

“You know who, I’m sorry James but you can’t change me” I said.

He laughed

“Excited to play tonight?” I asked.

He smiled and nodded.

“Yes it feels good to know ill be back on the ice tonight”

I smiled and nodded. His face turned serious and he looked at me.

“Sidney gave you tickets for tonight’s game?”

I nodded slowly and he smiled.

“Ok then. I have something for you then”

I raised an eyebrow and followed him out. He walked over to his car and pulled out a box. He walked over and I led him inside. He handed me the box and I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“What’s this?” I asked.

He smiled and signaled for me to open it. I looked at it.

“Why’d you get me this?” I asked.

“I didn’t waste any money on it”

I looked at him.

“Even if you did I’d doubt you’d notice” I told him.

He smiled and looked at me.

“Just open it”

I eyed him and he just smiled. I looked at the box and cut the tape off of it. I lifted the top half and wiggled it a little. The other half slid down and I put the first half on the couch. I moved the tissue paper and looked at him when I saw what was inside.

“Wear it for good luck?”
I smiled.
“Such an awful Jersey though” I said looking at the Penguins logo on the black jersey.

He chuckled and I looked at him

“What if I wear it and you suck? I’m not a fan of this team” I asked lifting the Jersey.

I looked at the Jersey and smiled a little. He wanted me to wear his number.

“Then we blame my new tinted visor”

I smiled and nodded. I looked at the jersey and he laughed when I scrunched up my nose.

“I guess we can” I said touching his last name.

It was a jersey, my size and all. I stood up and looked at him as I opened my arms. He smiled and leaned down to hug me.

“I will see you later then”

I nodded and he smiled.

“Good luck” I told him.

I led him out and he walked over to the door. He left and I jumped a little when I saw Jas looking at the jersey.

“Wooh a love letter”

I looked at Jas and she laughed.

“I thought you were at work” I said.

“Got out at 8am with Chris. He’s dead asleep and frankly I couldn’t stay in bed that long”

I nodded and she handed me the car.

“Well open your card”

“Hurry!”

I laughed and opened the card. My eyes widened at the question that was written in James’ sloppy handwriting.

I know this is pathetic, but i don't have the guts to do it out loud, be my girlfriend?

-------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Elisabeth

So it is cold in LA. That's kind of weird considering it's never cold here! Well i'm just chilling in my brothers room as he plays chess on his macbook. Hope you guys are enjoying your friday night!