Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Twenty Five

--------------
James’ POV

“Nealsy”

I looked at Flower and he smiled.

“Vero wants to meet your girlfriend, said the girls called her to tell her that you brought a girl to the dinner last night”

“She has work right now” I said as I tied my skates up.

“Well when does she have the day off?”

“Tomorrow but she usually sleeps most of the day or runs errands” I said looking at him.

“Because Vero yelled at me because she didn’t know you had a girlfriend. Is this so called Bella even real or are you calling your hand that now?”

I laughed and I looked at Sid. Sid looked at me and nodded. He put on his nasty jockstrap as he spoke.

“Bella’s very real. I’ll tell you that”

Flower frowned and looked at me kind of insulted at the fact that Sid knew who Bella was.

“What the hell fuck face! Sid’s met her and I haven’t?”

Beau walked into the locker room and slipped off his shirt. He looked at flower, then at Sid who was putting on his pads.

“Who are you guys talking about?”

I looked at Beau who was in the process of slipping on his workout shirt.

“Bella” I said.

He nodded and put on his pads.

“Yea I like Bella, her pie was good. She’s making me pie for my birthday”

Flower gasped dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

“What the hell! Sunshine’s met her and I haven’t!”

“Her brother is Beau’s landlord” I said as I finished tying my shoes.

I leaned back and took a sip of my water. Flower looked at me wondering if I had met Bella that way.

“Yes she Beau’s landlords brother, but she was also the surgeon who helped in my jaw repairmen surgery. James met her there and well she turned him down”

I frowned at the last part. It was bad enough everyone in the room heard her turn me down, but now Sid was telling the people in here. Flower seemed to not hear the last part though because he looked at me.

“Wait…surgeon?”

I nodded and Flower looked at me surprised.

“You’re dating a surgeon?”

I smiled and nodded.

“She’s a resident but yes I am” I said.

“How!”

I laughed and shrugged.

“I don’t know” I said.

“Wow. The one the guys saw you and Sid leave with? Damn she’s gorgeous James”

Geno grinned as he understood who we were talking about.

“She here at few games. Pretty. Very pretty”

“Oh yea you met her” I told Geno.

He nodded and grinned at Flower who flipped him off. I looked at Sidney and he grinned as he looked away from his phone.

“She’s a good girl, who told me James filled the fridge with food”

I laughed and raised an eyebrow.

“I talk with her remember. She texted me before she went to work telling me you bought food”

I laughed and nodded.

“Yes I did buy food, got to make myself look good don’t i?” I asked.

Beau laughed and shook his head as he stood up and went to the bathroom.

“So when are you calling her your wife?”

I looked at my teammates. I rolled my eyes and continued getting ready for practice.

“I’ve been dating her for a while now but not that long since may so that makes it like 4 or 5 months” I said.

“So?”

I looked at Duper who smiled.

“She’s right for you man. Ignore them. She’ll keep you grounded, but if you ever hurt her that older brother of hers will kick your ass. I’ve seen how he can smack the ball around and the youngest knows how to skate very well so you’re outnumbered in and out the ice”

I nodded.

“I know her younger brother told me, and I know I’m gonna head over to see her brother skate tomorrow” I said.

“Bella was telling me that her mom doesn’t like you?”

I nodded and looked at Sidney.

“Yup, she’s trying to set her up with Toews” I said.

He grimaced and looked at me. He laughed and we realized why he was up our ass during orientation.

“Wow, it will all work out”

He gave me a pat on my shoulder and he left. I let out a deep breath and nodded. I got up and got my stick and went out of the locker room to do what I did best. Play some hockey.
---------------------------
James’ POV

I walked into the ice rink and over to the double doors. The security looked up and his eyes went wide. He stood up straight and I walked over to him.

“Hey I’m here for-?” he cut me off before I could finish.

“Yes yes come on in Mr. Neal. They are straight down”

I walked in and I looked at the ice just in time to see Adam and Lisa do their death spin. They did it very well and they continued skating. I walked down the stairs and I raised an eyebrow. Bella was sitting next to a girl who was bundled up. Literally, she had a sweater and by the looks of it they were both into a very interesting conversation.

“I don’t want a home birth and well I doubt I’ll be able to give birth normally. I’m carrying Adrian’s baby for gods sake. Have you seen those brothers of him?”

Bella laughed and nodded.

“That’s true, but there are different ways to give birth. I’ll look into some since well we know that baby is not coming out normally. You are to small for it now imagine when little peanut grows more?”

“Oh I know don’t remind me. I’m going to be on bed rest. My ankles hurt all the time and I’m a little past halfway. It’s all worth it though”

“Damn right it is is Char. When you’re carrying little Jr, it will all be worth it”

The girl nodded and looked up. She nudged Bella who looked up.

“Hey” I said slowly.

Bella smiled at me and patted the seat next to her and then leaned back. I looked at the woman she was talking to her. Blonde, with blue eyes that looked exhausted. Pregnancy was not looking good on her. I’m going to hell for even thinking that.

“James this is Adrian’s wife, Charlotte”

I shook her hand and she gave me a smile and noticed her hands were freezing.

“Here comes the axel”

I looked up just in time to see Adam wobble but land his quad axel spin. I leaned closer when I noticed something on Adam’s face. He rubbed his face and skated over to his coach. He fixed the beanie on his head and coughed a little as he listened to what the coach had to say.

“Bella you do realize your brother has a bruise on his face” I said.

She nodded and looked at me. Her hair was in a quick braid and she had glasses on. I smiled and rubbed her back lightly.

“Yea he got it like two days ago, Lisa elbowed him in the face when she almost fell. You didn’t see it cause it was fresh on his face. It looks bad but its because he bruises easily”

I nodded and Adam skated over to us. He took a sip of his water and rubbed his eye. Bella scolded him and he glared at her. He was tired, and by the looks of it he was sick. He coughed and he looked at me as I walked over to him as I leaned on the boards

“Hey man you ok?” I asked.

He shook his head slowly and jumped a little to sit on the boards. He took a sip of his water and spit it out as he started coughing.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting next to him.

He looked at the ice and coughed again. He touched the ice with the tip of his skate and cleared his throat. For a sick person, he wasn’t wearing enough layers. I could feel the cold radiating off of him. He looked at me and then looked at the ice.

“I’m going to drop her”

I looked at him and patted his shoulder. He flinched a little.

“Well she trusts you” I said.

“I don’t feel well. My head hurts and I feel like I’m going to throw up”

“Well you got a nice shiner on your face” I said.

He chuckled and nodded.

“It was my fault though. I could have caught her well and all, I just panicked”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Are you nervous about the Olympics?”

I looked at him.

“Well man first I got to make the team” I said.

He nodded slowly.

“Didn’t you make the team already?” I asked him

He looked at me like I was crazy. He laughed and looked at the ice.

“I’m an Olympic hopeful. Sure we’re ranked #1 right now in the US but that doesn’t mean anything. I have school and so does Lisa. We also may not even go because of the age. I turned 18 recently but Lisa is still 17 and they said we can do it in four years and what not”

I nodded and looked at him.

“The Olympic committee could do what they did to Virtue/Moir in 2006”

I raised an eyebrow at him. Virtue/Moir? Why does that sound very familiar?

“They’ll make up an excuse or something. They can say we’re to young and send another American group instead. But they do want a medal in each damn event so we are kind of a shoo in”

I nodded and he stood up. He cleaned the ice off of him and had a coughing fit. I stood up and lightly tapped his back.

“Well you guys got pretty good programs” I said.

He looked at me as he drank some of his water.

“I’m serious. I was seeing last years Free Skate, they said if you guys would have done the triple’s instead of the doubles you guys would have won gold” I said

He nodded and I looked at him. He took a sip of his water and looked at me

“Yea we could have. I sprained my ankle though”

I looked at him and smiled as I shook my head. He thought he was

“What?”

“You do realize you got a silver medal with an injury? You’re good Adam” I said.

I patted his shoulder and he skated away. I hopped over and sat next to Bella.

“What’d you tell him?”

I looked at her and smiled.

“Now I would have to kill you if I told you” I told her as I grinned.

She sighed and frowned.

“Darn”

I laughed and pulled her into a hug. A song began playing and I looked up at the ice to see the actual height difference. I didn’t think Adam was tall but he was a good 9 inches taller than his partner.

“How tall is Lisa?” I asked Bella.

She looked at me.

“like 5 feet something, she’s smaller than me”

I nodded.

“Adam is 6’0”

“No wonder he tosses her like nothing. She’s like what 100 pounds?” I asked.

“Less probably. I never see her eat and god forbid me trying to make her eat”

I nodded.

“Damn” I said.

They nodded and I looked at the ice just in time for Adam to release Lisa like nothing. They were working on holds and lifts. They were doing them good.

“They’re good” I said.

“Of course he is. He’s a Martinez”

I laughed and nodded. True I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i ended up managing to escape my room and i went downtown to do some christmas shopping. I come home and see the kings are losing to the stars 2-1. Then Stoll tied the game and it was beautiful once again (This all happened in the first period!) i decided i could shower during the intermission and i come out to see they aren't tied and that Dallas is winning. They then scored another goal and they took Jones out for another player making it an empty net and Doughty goes and trips Horcoff and they win 5-2. Then i find out the Penguins lost as well 5-0!(why can't the ducks lose! I know i'm being a sore loser and all but i want that winning streak to end!) Well i guess happy christmas eve to my followers or whatever you guys follow. I need to head onto bed and wake up early because i'm hispanic and my mom does a nativity scene and tamales and it all has to be done tomorrow. We have time, but you know I at least need to help her out even when she tells me not to.

My bathroom is flooded because my brother is a disgusting fool, so him and my dad are unclogging that tomorrow. I'll post another chapter though because i'm feeling generous