Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Thirty

----------------
James’ POV
“Bella and I go way back”

I looked at Chris and saw he wasn’t even looking at me.

“We went to the same school both undergrad and med school. She’s a gorgeous girl”

I nodded and he looked at me. He grinned at me.

“You better make Bella happy”

“I try” I said.

He nodded and stood up.

“Good because if I ever see Bella cry I swear I’ll kill you”

I looked at him and saw he was serious.

“And if you ever cheat on her I’ll make sure you never even reproduce. I’ll even make it look like an accident, then I’ll kill you. I’ll make that look like an accident as well”

This guy was kind of crazy.

“Bella is my best friend and you’re lucky to even have her”

I heard a car stop and he grinned.

“You tell Bella about this and she won’t believe you”

The door opened and he got his stuff.

“I need to head out. Hey Bells”

Bella smiled and he kissed her cheek as made his way over to the hall. He stood behind Bella and gave the “I’m watching you” sign with his fingers as he left. Bella walked over to me and sat down next to me.

“You roomed with Christian in a single your last year of undergrad?” I said.

She looked at me.

“Hello to you too James. I’m guessing he threatened to kill you?”

I waited and she looked at me. She laughed and I sat up.

“I don’t find this funny” I said.

“I do because you’re scared and kind of jealous”

“I am not” I said.

I was but she didn’t need to know that.

Bella’s POV

I looked at Scared/Jealous James and saw he was looking at me.

“So you lived with him?”

I smiled and nodded. Time to play around with this.

“Yea we lived together. He’s my best friend after all he knows all. It wasn’t a single though” I said.

I saw his jaw tighten and I smiled. Might as well taunt him.

“It got so cold one day that we had to sleep in the same bed” I started.

He looked at me and I laughed. I looked at him and shook my head.

“Oh James no need to be jealous” I said patting his cheek.

“I’m not”

I laughed and raised an eyebrow.

“So as I was saying it got really cold. We had to like get really close” he cut me off.

“I really don’t want to hear this”

“Sure you do” I pushed.

He looked at me and you could tell he was getting mad. He looked down at his fingers and tried to block me out.

“It was a real cool night and well it got so bad that the power went off” I said.

I knew he was listening.

“And the power wasn’t working so that meant neither was our heater. So Chris and I decided”

He cut me off.

“I really don’t”

I smiled.

“It wasn’t only him. My roommates were there as well. All squashed up in one twin. We all slept pretty well considering there were 5 of us there” I said.

He looked at me and I smiled.

“You don’t need to be jealous of Chris. I’ve known Chris since I was a baby. We literally do go way back. He was one of the few people I know since my childhood, that’s why he’s so protective of me. He loves his girlfriend and she’s my best friend. We look after each other” I said.

I shrugged and rubbed his arm.

“Chris is adopted James” I said.

He looked at me and I gave him a smile.

“Chris’ biological mother she had agreements to give him up to Chris’ parents” I said.

He nodded.

“It was 3 months into her pregnancy that Chris’ adoptive family found out they were expecting” I said.

His eyes widened and I nodded.

“She was about 6 months and all. Bed rest and all dude” I said.

He blinked and was about to say something.

“Yes I called you dude. Anyways, she gave birth and well Chris’ mom was at the church I lived in for 4 years” I said.

He nodded.

“She took care of me for a little while. She didn’t want to give him up after she gave birth to him” I said.

“Then why did she?”

“She was only 15” I said.

His eyes widened and I nodded.

“Her parents weren’t going to let her keep him. She stayed in the church until he was almost a year old and she gave him to his parents. They had triplets but they didn’t care and they took him in. They lived close by and well I grew up with him around. He talks with his biological mom and all” I said.

He nodded and I cleared my throat.

“They moved just as I was about to get adopted. My parents got in contact with them because I didn’t talk. So you know they send him down to LA. It got me talking and well it got him to feel comfortable around big crowds of people” I said.

“And you two never had feelings for each other?”

I laughed and shook my head.

“Nah, when he met Jas when we were 16 or 17, he fell hard” I said.

He smiled.

“He’s like a sibling I can have a shot or two with” I said.

He laughed and looked at me.

“I can also dance dirty with him” I said shrugging.

He shook his head and smiled at me.

“You get me” I said.

He nodded and I rubbed his cheek.

“No need to be jealous James” I said.

He nodded slowly.

“Christian is a total gentleman but no I can honestly say I never had like big feelings for him. I do think he’s hot” I said.

He looked at me and I smiled.

“So are most of your teammates” I said winking at him.

He made a face and I shrugged. I had told him that I found some of the older guys attractive. I loved Duper’s eyes and James did not enjoy that one bit.

“They are I’m sorry” I said.

He laughed and shrugged.

“I guess you can look”

I smiled.

“I already have the prize” I said winking at him.

I laughed when his deep laugh filled the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have insomnia once again and i figured i should post the story twice a day considering school is around the corner and i won't have as much time to post