Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Fifty Eight

Bella’s POV

“You aren’t James” I said as I approached Chris.

Chris chuckled and hugged me. We put my stuff into the trunk of his car and I looked at him. Why wasn’t James here?

“James hasn’t left the hospital”

I looked at him and he waved me off.

“Little boy, he’s fine”

I nodded not entirely sure what he was telling me.

“Ok” I said.

“He found a boy in the lot of the hospital”

I gasped; it was snowing here.

“Is the little boy ok?” I asked.

He nodded and looked at me.

“Dad killed himself, by the looks of it the mom is a no show”

My eyes widened.

“I had to help put him in the body bag. Bella he smelled cooked. They ID him and all, and we did DNA tests and that’s the kids dad”

I cringed and he nodded.

“The little boy though he’s attached to James. Won’t let James leave his sight. It’s quite amusing actually, he has James wrapped around his finger”

I smiled and looked out the window. It had snowed for the past week here so it was all white.

“So how old is the little boy?” I asked.

“He’s almost 2, turns them in April. The boy understands some Spanish, a little more than English. He understands James though and he’s attached.

I looked at him and he nodded.

“He baby talks still and uses a diaper. Although Jas is trying to get him potty trained”

I nodded and looked at him.

“And the mom, a no show what do you mean?” I asked him.

“No one can find her at the moment. What I heard is she left the dude about 2 months ago”

“That is horrible” I said.

He nodded and I looked at Chris.

“I wanna meet the kid” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“He has all the nurses under his spell. You’ll understand what I mean when you see him”

I nodded slowly and leaned back.

“How was Sochi?”

“It’s alright, I really don’t want to go back” I said.

He laughed and nodded.

“How’s Adam?”

“Over the moon” I said.

He smiled and nodded. Adam and Lisa had contributed the second highest scores that helped them win bronze in the team final, and let’s not mention they got the highest scores in the pairs final where they won by a landslide. Opal was due to skate soon, but her chances to get gold were really slim considering the defending champion was skating as well as the little Russian girl.

“We are all proud of him here”

I nodded and looked at him.

“How’s Ali?” I asked.

“I don’t think she’s going to hold on much longer. She thought she had contractions and well they weren’t she’s just nervous and she needs to relax”

“Really?” I asked.

He nodded.

“Yea it could happen anytime soon. She’s due a month and a half from now, but honestly the gynecologist she saw told her to be careful”

I nodded; I didn’t know this because she was probably keeping it to herself considering she didn’t want to worry TJ.

“Wow” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“And that’s what you missed on Glee”

He parked the car and I laughed.

“Dork” I said getting out of the car.

I followed Chris and he walked to a room. He opened the door and James looked up. He was reading a book, A Dr. Suess book to be more specific. I felt someone look at me and I found myself smiling. This kid was a looker definitely. Now I know why Chris said the kid was a catch. One of his eyes was a honey brown and the other was a mixture of green and blue. I looked at James who gave me a smile and sat up a little.

“Sorry for not going to pick you up. I’ve been held up”

I smiled and nodded. I got the tablet and looked through it. I shook my head at the conditions the boy was found.

“Wow” I mumbled.

James nodded and I looked at the little boy. Jas walked in and smiled at the little boy. She asked him if he wanted jello, in Spanish. He nodded and replied a soft yes. She nodded and left. I felt his eyes on me again and he sat up. His IV was on his neck, so I’m guessing she couldn’t find the vein on him or the kid was freaking out.

“Hi” I said smiling at him.

He gave me a smile and lifted his arms. James looked up at me and smiled.

“Don’t deny him”

I laughed and reached for the kid. He cuddled up to me and James stood up.

“I need to pee”

I nodded and rubbed the kids back. He had a small fever considering I could feel the heat coming from him. He was also congested because I could hear his breathing as I bounced him up and down. James came back and I looked at him.

“He’s asleep”

I nodded and lied the kid down on the hospital bed. He looked tiny on the bed.

“I uh need to talk with you”

I nodded and looked at him.

“He’s got no family Bells”

I nodded and he looked at me straight in the eyes.

“I want to adopt him, I want us to adopt him”
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted again today considering i didn't post in like a week. Hope you guys are enjoying your presidents day. I am off to make Spaghetti!