Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Sixty Two

Bella’s POV

I looked at Pascal as he opened his eyes.

“Lay the verdict on me”

I rolled my eyes.

“The surgery went well” I told him.

He nodded and he blinked.

“James was telling me you guys are going to adopt a kid?”

I nodded and I looked at the tablet.

“Yes we are” I said as I adjusted his IV.

He nodded and looked at me. He gave me a smile.

“It’s nice to see that idiot settling down”

I laughed and he smiled.

“I never expected him to settle down with someone so smart and pretty like you”

“Thanks I guess” I said.

He laughed and I looked at his heart rate.

“Do you feel any pain?” I asked him.

He shook his head.

“Where is James?”

“He’s at the diner with Adrian” I said.

He nodded and I smiled.

“How long do you think I will be out?”

“You just need to relax right now. No need to go Steven Stamkos on us” I said.

He laughed.

“I am not that young”

I nodded and patted his arm.

“I’ll let your wife and little ones come in” I told him.

He nodded and I helped him sit up right.

“I will be back” I told him.

He nodded and I spotted his wife and his children.

“Follow me” I told them.

They followed quietly and I opened the door.

“Daddy!”

I looked at Duper’s wife and smiled.

“He is fine. Leg is healing well and we will keep him overnight” I told her.

She sighed and smiled.

“I’ll show you how to clean him up and all” I said.

She nodded and she walked in. I closed the door and let out a deep breath.

“Hey girlfriend!”

I looked up at Jas and smiled.

“Hey” I said.

“How was surgery?”

“It felt good” I said.

She smiled.

“It felt so nice” I said laughing at her.

She laughed and patted my shoulder.

“Look at you, saying you enjoy Ortho surgery!”

I laughed and she smiled.

“Look at you settling down”

“I am not” I said.

She scoffed.

“You guys are adopting a kid!”

“But we aren’t married” I told her.

“It’s a child that will have his last name. He will call you mom and dad one day”

I nodded and let out a deep breath.

“Am I doing the right thing?” I asked her.

She smiled and nodded.

“Of course you are. James loves you to bits”

I nodded and she smiled

“Ok I just needed to know you guys were on my side” I said.

She smiled and nodded.

“Maybe in a few years you’ll have your actual one?”

I rolled my eyes and she tapped my stomach lightly.

“I’d bang you”

I laughed and pushed her so she could begin walking. Children, with James…I could see that happening.

------------
Bella’s POV

I could tell James was about to freak out. Isaac would not stop crying and each time James would pick him up he would just shriek.

“Isaac what hurts?”

I just stood by the doorway watching. I knew what was wrong with Isaac, but James wanted to go get him. Isaac did not listen and just continued shrieking. James turned to me and I smiled as I made my way over.

“Isaac” I said quietly.

He looked at me his little cheeks all tear stained. His eyes were drooping and you could tell he was tired.

“James can you get me two Q-tips?” I asked as I took Isaac from James.

I rubbed his back and made my way downstairs. Jas knew this would happen due to the fact that Isaac was outside in just a light jacket when they found him. He did have the flu, so it was likely to happen. I cleaned Isaac’s face and he coughed. I sat him on the counter and put down some medicine he had to drink. Let me tell you, he did not like how his medicine tasted at all. He would make the little gagging sound and all. I handed him his sippy cup and he began drinking his water as he whimpered. James walked over and handed me the Q-tips. I got the little tub and James raised an eyebrow.

“It’s an ear infection” I said as I moved Isaac’s hand from his ear.

James sighed and frowned. I gave him a small smile and turned back to Isaac. He was enjoying how that felt in his ear because his sobs stopped.

“Does that feel good?” I asked him.

He looked up at me and blinked. I finished putting his ointment and I got his spoon. He made a face and James laughed. I looked at him and his lip wobbled.

“Now Isaac” I told him.

He let out a whimper and held out his hand for James. James smiled and got his hand these two were such dorks. Isaac opened his mouth took his meds and made a gagging noise. I handed him his sippy cup and he began drinking from it. I put him down on the floor and James shook his head when he saw Isaac reach for his ear.

“No bud”

Isaac played with his ear and hair, so naturally he would cry whenever his ear pulsed.

“Bed?” I asked him.

James laughed when Isaac frowned. It wasn’t late, but it was passed his bed time.

“No”

I laughed and nodded.

“Time to go mimis” I told him.

He frowned and I picked him up.

“No”

I laughed.

“Yes” I said.

His lip wobbled and I shook my head.

“Milk?” I asked him.

He coughed and nodded. I used my hip to hold him and I heated up some milk. I got a cookie and handed to him.

“Please”

I smiled and James got a sippy cup. He took Isaac from me and began a small meaningless conversation with the 1 year old.

“How was Duper’s surgery?”

I looked at James.

“It went well” I said as I checked to see it wasn’t to warm.

I handed it to Isaac who began sipping on his cup. He handed half his cookie to James who in turn handed it to me. I tossed it into the trash and turned off the living room lights. James took the hint and made his way upstairs. He was wearing some sweats and a white t-shirt. I turned off the lights and turned on the alarm as I made my way upstairs. Isaac was almost done with his milk as I made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and picked my hair up. I made my way out of the bathroom to see Isaac half asleep. He handed me his sippy cup and I picked him up.

“Time to brush your teeth” I told him as I kissed his forehead.

I smiled when he leaned on me.

“Come on now” I told him as I sat him on the toilet.

He lazily opened his mouth and I got his little kid toothpaste. I brushed his teeth and made him spit out and gargle. I picked him up and cleaned his face. He didn’t give me his usual smile because he was to busy yawning.

“bed time” I told him.

He whimpered and I kissed his cheek.

“He’s staying here right??”

I looked at James and nodded.

“Yea” I said as I tucked Isaac into the bed.

He leaned back on the bed and closed his eyes. He was asleep with in seconds. James chuckled and looked at me.

“You’re cruel”

“You wanted to see what was wrong” I told him.

James laughed and he leaned in. I met him half way and he kissed me.

“Parenting isn’t so bad”

I looked at him and smiled.

“You panicked after a minute” I told him.

“Don’t judge”

I laughed and he pouted.

“Love you” I told him.

He smiled.

“Yea yea yea”

------------
♠ ♠ ♠
I am in week 8 of school Two more weeks of class so i can have spring break. I get to go home for a week and i hope to be done with this story by then. I don't think i'll be writing during Spring Quarter considering i may take 18 units (2 science classes, 2 labs and a GE).