Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Sixty Four

Adam’s POV
I walked over to Sidney who gave me a grin. I looked down at him and chuckled when i saw his hat. His gold medal hung from his neck.

“So is USA hockey still do or die?”

I laughed and shrugged i adjusted my coat like attire and my bronze and gold medal showed.

“Sorry man I can’t hear you over the history I helped make” I told him as I showed him my two medals.

He chuckled and gave my shoulder a pat. I chuckled and looked at him. I always wondered if he got lonely. Most people seemed to be on the phone talking with their loved ones while Sid was calling his parents. I get dedication, but he's 26. Should he have a girlfriend...maybe boyfriend? hockey won't always be there.

"So i see you're going to the ceremony?"

I looked at Sid and nodded.

"You wouldn't catch me wearing this outfit if i wasn't" i told him.

He let out his infamous Sidney giggle and I turned to see Toews looking at me. He made his way over and I raised an eyebrow. He knew who I was, but you know he never talked to me.

“Your Bella’s brother right?”

“I have a name” I said.

“Adam I know”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“How is Bella?”

I looked at his medal and I smiled.

“She’s well” I said as I turned to Sid.

“Have you talked with her or James?” I asked smiling.

Sidney shook his head and looked at me. So James and Bella had granted me permission to tell. I had told Pat and Oshie and they were happy for her.

“They’re adopting a little boy” I said grinning.

Toews looked at me and I blinked. Sidney's jaw dropped and then he chuckled.

“Those two, i cannot lie if i didn't see this coming”

I laughed.

“That’s why Bella isn’t here” I said.

I coughed and chuckled.

“I’m sure James would have loved to win a medal” I said tapping Toews’ gold medal.

“But yah know, their relationship blossomed even more. He even asked for her hand and all” I said as he walked away.

I laughed and turned to Sidney who was smiling at me.

“Want to touch it?”

“I have one dude. I have two from these games” I said.

He nodded.

“And you’re only 19”

I laughed.

“These were my last games” I said.

I shook my head.

“South Korea? No thanks man” I said.

He laughed.

“What’s next for you?”

“Uhh right now you put that stupid Mario hat on and I will put this hat on then we will be on our way to the ceremony” I said as I put on my beanie.

He laughed and patted my shoulder.

“You look good man”

I laughed.

“You look like Mario” I said.

“Enough about my Mario look alikeness”

I laughed.

“How does the kid look like?”

I handed him my phone and he looked at the picture.

“That kid looks like James”

I nodded.

“His name is Isaac”

He smiled and looked at me.

“I’m kind of surprised he didn’t ask her to marry him during the Olympic break”

I chuckled and nodded. I was pissed at the fact she hadn’t been able to come, but you know it was for a good cause.

“You look really stylish”

I laughed and he glanced at me.

“Where’s your girlfriend?”

I looked at him and shrugged.

“I actually don’t know” I told him.

He nodded slowly and I smiled.

“Heading straight to the burgh?” I asked him.

“I don’t know actually. You?”

“I’m heading home to LA then flying to Chicago on Saturday” I said.

He grinned and I nodded.

“James got us tickets. Why would we miss? My parents will be there as well considering their both fans and all. You know how much James loves them” I said.

He nodded.

“You are right there”

I nodded.

“Then I head back to school on Monday. What not and all” I said shrugging.

“I never asked. What are you studying?”

He looked at me.

“MCD. Molecular Cell Development Bio” I said.

“Why?”

“It’s a cool topic, I like it” I said.

He nodded and I looked up to see most of the Canadian guys.

“Well I’ll see you after” I told Sidney.

He nodded.

“Have fun in Cali”

I laughed.

“I should probably go to Opal before they start calling us out” I told him as I spotted her.

He nodded and i waved goodbye to him. I walked over to her and she gave me a small smile.

“Hey babe” I told her as I gave her a squeeze.

“Hey”

She sighed and leaned on me. I rubbed her arm and smiled down at her.

“You look beautiful” I told her.

She looked up at me and smiled.

“Thanks, so do you”

I laughed and pulled her into a tight hug. I looked around and let out a deep breath. Almost 10 years of being partners with Lisa and once we got back to school we were announcing our retirement. Something I had done for most of my life was being put in a box and I was moving on with my life. This had been our goal and we had achieved it. This ceremony was big for Lisa. I spotted her and she gave me a small smile. I pulled away from Opal and reached For Lisa's hand.

"With two of my favorite girls" i said.

Lisa gave me a smile and nodded. Opal nodded and looked around.

"What's next for you Lisa?" i asked her.

She took a deep breath as we began walking.

"School, become a lawyer"

I nodded and looked around. The cold hit my face and i smiled at the camera we passed by.

"You?"

I took a deep breath and i smiled.

"I don't know" i told her.

It’s kinda hard to think about.

Everything was happening so fast. My brother was going to get married; my sister was adopting a kid, and maybe by end of this year she would be engaged. My siblings were pretty well sustained as well and they were in love with their respected halves. I guess that’s what growing up is about.

It’s kind of scary though. You don’t think about this when you’re 19. You kinda just hope on tomorrow and all. You kinda hope you don’t screw up, but when you’re 25 and 27 you kinda think about making a family.

You work so hard for a goal and once you succeed it, you move onto other goals…kids wish they could be adults, but honestly I wish I was still considered a kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this chapter, it was intended to be a filler and all though.

The weather is all blah right now and i finished the homework that is due tomorrow. Chem isn't due tomorrow so i'll post tomorrow. Right now i am going to go eat some lunch :)