Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Seven

Bella’s POV

“You come tomorrow and I need to pick you up at what time?” I asked my younger brother who was coming for a few days to see the University of Pittsburgh.

I was picking at my nails while Sidney looked around from his seat next to me. His leg was jumping up and down and it was getting rather annoying. I got his thigh with my right hand and he looked at me. He sighed and leaned back and started tapping his fingers. Oh god Sidney.

The game against the Rangers would be starting in a few minutes, and here was my brother asking me if I could pick him up from the airport at 6am tomorrow. The dweeb couldn’t get it any other time? I had a good week off of work so it really didn’t matter.

“Ok then, text me when you’re about to take off and I’ll see you in a few hours then” I said.

I smiled, my little brother may be an annoying prick sometimes but he was still sweet.

“Love you too bye” I said.

I hung up and Sidney looked at me. I put my arm on the recliner and turned to him.

“My brother, he got into the University of Pittsburgh and he doesn’t know if he wants to come here” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“You’re really close to your siblings”

I smiled and nodded.

“Of course” I said.

He nodded and looked at the ice. He sighed a little and I looked at him.

“You got to relax. The more you freak out the unhealthier it is for you. I get that hockey is your life Sidney, but you aren’t well. You go on the ice right now, you will be out of breath. You breathing deeply make your mouth and chest move. Do you know in how much pain you would be? Not to mention the blood” I said leaning back on the chair

He looked at me and saw I wasn’t kidding.

“Not to mention that the stitches might open and let me tell you that looks like it hurts. You’d be out even longer cause they’d shut your moth shut” I said.

“Ok I get it”

“Atta boy” I said sitting up.

He looked at me.

“I thought you didn’t like hockey?”

I looked at him.

“Who told you that horrible thing? I love hockey, just not the Penguins. I’m here because it’s a free ticket and well you dragged me here” I said.

He smiled.

“You aren’t here for a certain dorky 6’2 forward by the name of James Neal?”

I rolled my eyes and shushed him. It was hockey time. He looked at me and laughed.

“Dude shh” I said.

He blinked and raised an eyebrow.

“Did you just call me dude?”

“Does it matter?” I asked him.

He laughed and turned his attention to center ice where I found James, as usual he was right next to his line mate, Evgeni Malkin.
--------------------
Bella’s POV
I stood up when I saw James collided to somone’s arm. Sidney got my arm and sat me back down.

“Is he ok?” I asked since James wouldn’t move from his spot on the ice.

Sidney wouldn’t answer and I looked at him and saw he was looking at the jumbotron.

“Sidney is he ok?” I asked.

I wasn’t tall enough to see and people were standing up. I looked at him and then back on the ice. James was now sitting down on the ice, and a trainer was steadying him as he sat down.

Sidney looked at me and I stood up.

“I can’t see”

I nodded and he stood up when he saw James was being pulled out the ice.

“Come on”

I followed him to the locker room and he opened a door. Ray looked at me and sighed of relief.

“Can you check him up?”

I nodded slowly and got some gloves. I carefully got his face and he looked up. His eyes were glossy and you could tell they were extremely dilated.

“James” I said.

He blinked slowly and I shined a light on his eyes. They dilated even more when I did that and I nodded slowly.

“Concussion from what it looks like” I said.

As soon as I said that I saw as James’ face turn into a sour one. He then let out a groan and Ray looked at me.

“Well you got a pretty doctor to take care of you.”

James looked at Ray and then at me.

“Do you mind keeping an eye on him tonight? After he get’s checked?”

Sidney looked at me and was about to say something to Ray.

“I don’t have work so yea I can” I said nodding to Ray Shero.

He nodded slowly and I looked at James.

“Did you drive here?”

He shook his head.

“Paul”

I nodded and touched his cheek. He tugged on my arms and I walked a little closer to him. James put his head on my shoulder and he groaned.

“No sleeping” I told him.

“Not for a few hours” I added.

He looked at me.

“You’re going to be my nurse?”

I raised an eyebrow. If it’s anything I hate and he knew was someone calling me a nurse. I worked my ass off for that degree.

“Doctor” I corrected him.

He gave me a lazy smile and I laughed.

“Let’s get you out of your uniform”

Sidney helped him up and then to the locker room. If he didn’t pass those concussion tests I would have to wake him up every hour. I sighed and leaned back on the wall. I slipped my phone out my pocket. I glanced up and saw most of the team was coming in. I slipped out and waited outside the locker. I got a few odd glances from some of them and a few smiles from the guys I had met.

I looked up and saw James walking over to me. He was wearing Beau’s hoodie and some sweats. His hair was wet and he was rubbing his neck.

“Ready to head out?” I asked.

He nodded and reached for my hand. Sidney looked at me and laughed. I knew nothing of this place and I could get lost here. He led me out and helped James into my car.

“From looking at him what can you tell me?”

I looked at Sidney and then at James who’s eyes were closed. I hit the window and his eyes snapped open.

“Concussion, he should be fine” I said.

He nodded and hugged me.

“Keep me updated”

I nodded and got into the car. I looked at James and he groaned.

“I’m so going to fail that concussion test”

I looked at him and he smiled at me.

“Just relax and hope for the best” I told him as he grabbed my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I should be on my way to class, but i don't even want to go to class. What is it about dead week that makes me want to cry and do nothing?