You're My Only Cure

Your blood it mixed with all the chemicals in your head.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Ross heard his brother's voice as he opened the door. John grabbed him by his shirt and then he hit his younger brother in his face. Once. Twice, actually. Ross didn't even oppose, he knew he deserved that. But when John wanted to punch him one more time, Ross grabbed his brother's hand and then he pushed him away. "How could you do that? You're my brother and... You had no fucking right to touch her or even look at her in that way!" John yelled at his brother.

"I just wanted to help her!" Ross yelled back at him.

"Help her? Having sex with your brother's wife is helpful for anyone?! And even if we have some problems in our marriage, you have no idea what's going on!"

"No, John! You have no idea what's going on with your wife and your marriage! You've been so fucking selfish for last, what, six months? Eight months? You left her alone. She was alone even when you weren't on the tour. And she didn't deserved that" Ross said and John laughed bitterly.

"Oh, right, because you know what's the best for her, huh?" John let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"And do you know what's the best for her?" Ross asked, looking at him. Now John was more furious. How could his brother even ask him that? How could his brother ever doubt it?

"Fuck, man... it's ridiculous! You're my brother. I-I can't believe that you slept with my wife and now you're telling me that it's my fault!"

"Because it's your fault, John! And stop saying it like... like I planned it or something. Because I didn't. You called me and wanted me to check if she was okay, because she was ignoring you. And she came over, she drunk some wine - "

"You drunk her?!" John suddenly hit him again. Ross felt the taste of blood on his lower lip. He put his two fingers to it and then he licked his lip.

"She wasn't drunk and I didn't want to have sex with her. I didn't plan it. But she was....so broken. You broke her, John. Do you even know that she was pregnant?" Ross asked quietly. John raised his eyebrows.

"What?" he asked, figuring he'd heard him wrong.

"Elise was pregnant."

"What do you mean she was pregnant? What do you mean she WAS pregnant, Ross?!"

"She lost the baby. But of course, you had no idea, John. She called you to tell you about the baby and you had no time for her. And then you weren't with her to help her and when she called you... some drunk girl answered your phone."

John felt the anger leaving his body, being replaced with sadness as he opened his mouth to say something.

"I didn't cheat on her" he breathed out. "There was a party and Pat invited a few girls, but I didn't cheat on her."

"John, I think she knows that. And she knew that earlier. But she needed you so much that time and you let her down. Can you imagine how tough that was for her? You're my brother and of course, I do regret that I did it to you. But I don't regret that I did it to her. I had never seen anyone who needed to be loved that much, John. I just... I couldn't tell her no. I'm sorry, I just couldn't."

John swallowed the lump in his throat as he pushed his back onto a wall. He felt complete weakness overcome him as he thought of how bad he fucked up this time. Of course, he was still mad at his brother and he was mad at his wife. He still couldn't believe that something like that happened. But he was even more angry at himself because he let that happened. And now he didn't know what to do. Could he still fix it, or was it already irreparable?

But the more important question was - did he want to fix it? Or was his heart so broken that he didn't care anymore?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, ohmygod, almost two weeks? Sorry, sorry, sorry. I'm so sorry. I just... uh, finals! Yayy - actually, not really. And it's short and shitty as well, I know that, I really do. I just wanted to finally post something and well, that chapter sounded better in my mind, yeah..

Ohh, and a hint about his brother was in the first chapter ^^

And thank you so much for your support. Remember, don't be a silent reader and well, it's time to get back to stu(dying).

PS. Happy ending or unhappy ending? Tell my what do you think AND what do you want.

Kisses, M.

Behave.